XFX AMD Radeon™ HD 7870 GHz Edition Graphics Card Lucky Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be a awesome upgrade for my Wife / Son gaming PC. They're currently running a Radeon 5870. It would present a huge improvement in cooling as their current card is a reference cooler. It tends to overheat whenever my son attempts to play BF3 with me unless I turn all the settings way down. I've always been a huge fan of the dual fan cooling setup being its quieter and can knock up to 10 degree off the card temp during load. From what I read their dual fan design looks top notch with the quad heat pipe design. My son would also appreciate the higher framerate and better look in Starcraft 2 as well. Hell I'd even expect the many hours he spends in minecraft would see benifits from this card as well!

My wife says she'd really appreciate the increased frame rate in Borderlands 2 & Torchlight 2 as well when she gets to play. :)

They also say thanks for the opportunity to be tossed into the hat and hopefully be the big winner!

EDIT 10/3: Looks like our Radeon 5870 just bit the dust. Crashing & artifcating on games now. My wife and son could really use a new card now! Now they're gaming on an old 8800 GTS.. :( "Pretty please with sugar on top let us win!!" my wife says.

Last edited:
This would be a great early birthday present... if I win, of course ;)

Is "proxying"/"redirecting" allowed, i.e. if I win, I would make it ship to my brother instead? :p

Hmm, I'd like to dabble with an ATI card. Consider me intrigued!

I would like to be reimpressed with the brand it's been many years since I've had an XFX and a Radeon based piece of hardware.

Winning would be nice. Sending my 6870 off to Visiontek today for a warranty return.

Building a new rig, so winning this would help lessen the beatings from the wife unit! :)

Currently using a 460gtx and would love to get back into the AMD folds.

Can't refuse an opportunity to win a sweet card for my LAN rig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back