XFX 8800GTS 640MB $320 Shipped

A retailer site with no recent reviews and a very amateurish looking website. Hmmm. Anyone else braver with their credit card info than me? =/

Is that a chunk of cheese?

No reviews in at least six months, but a lot of them seem to be Very Satisfied. I'm not biting though.

Ill second yacoub35's comments....anyone have any comments about these guys...Ill sacrafice the money, just not my identity.

Nice deal. If the retailer seemed a tad more reliable I might have gone for it.

They're a decent company. They're actually here in Huntsville, AL. They just moved to a new store a couple of months ago. They've been around for a few years (about 5+), so not a fly-by-night company.

Wonder if this is a typo though? It has an "Arriving Soon". It'd be nice if I could pick it up local if its the real price. :)

There have been other hot deals for 880GTS w/ a sub-$300 price tag (AR) and from a reputable vendor. I'll pass.

There have been? I haven't sceen any recently. Maybe for the 320 meg version...

Honestly, there hasn't been a single completely legit deal yet on the 640MB models.

-There was a buy.com one for $305 that required lots of antics to get rebates and AAA discounts. (And Buy.com isn't all that highly reputed to begin with.)
-There was the BestBuy NeverInStock offer for $320 that we still aren't even sure anyone ever received their cards.
-There is this one from an unknown site with unknown reputation and unknown stock status for the product.

One day maybe we'll see legit deals at places like NewEgg and ZipZoomFly where the 640MB GTS is offered for $320 without needing MIRs and other antics. But if not I'll just continue to wait. *shrug* No hurry here.

Honestly, there hasn't been a single completely legit deal yet on the 640MB models.

-There was a buy.com one for $305 that required lots of antics to get rebates and AAA discounts. (And Buy.com isn't all that highly reputed to begin with.)
-There was the BestBuy NeverInStock offer for $320 that we still aren't even sure anyone ever received their cards.
-There is this one from an unknown site with unknown reputation and unknown stock status for the product.

One day maybe we'll see legit deals at places like NewEgg and ZipZoomFly where the 640MB GTS is offered for $320 without needing MIRs and other antics. But if not I'll just continue to wait. *shrug* No hurry here.

1. First deal was $295 After $30 Rebate w/ a 7% coupon. The only "challenging" thing about this deal was getting the rebate form because of Buy.com's mistake. However, I posted the rebate shortly for it. The rest of the issues was from Buy.com's bad CS.

2. Second deal was the 320MB for about $230 After $30 Rebate w/ 10% AAA coupon. This required a little more work, but everyone got their card accordingly.

3. The Bestbuy deal was pretty straightforward, just everyone bought it quickly.

4. This current one appears to be out of stock when someone called the company.

Some of the hottest deals requires a little work. If you don't mind a little work, then go pay a little bit more.

Registrant:
GIGAPARTS, INC.
PO BOX 11367
HUNTSVILLE, AL 35814-1367
US

Domain Name: GIGAPARTS.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Sperr, Robby
PO Box 11367
Huntsville, AL 35814
US
(256) 535-4442 fax: (256) 535-2225

Record expires on 05-Mar-2011.
Record created on 06-Mar-1998.
Database last updated on 30-Jun-2007 11:37:26 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.RACKSPACE.COM 69.20.95.4
NS2.RACKSPACE.COM 65.61.188.4

1 The rest of the issues was from Buy.com's bad CS.

Uh, yes, and that's still an issue and a reason not to partake. That was my point. None of the offers so far has been completely straightforward and right. There's always some catch or something shady enough to warrant hesitation. My point is that some of us (a lot of us probably) are still waiting to see a deal for a genuine good price and part availability at a reputable site that's as simple as clicking Add to Cart and Checking Out and paying no more than $320 at the time of purchase for a 640MB GTS card. Pretty simple to understand, I hope?
Fact is these cards remain way over-priced (mostly due to AMD being unable to offer superior products at an equal price which would have forced the 640MB GTS down instead of stabilizing, let alone allowing it to go UP in price as it did after the 2900XT benchmarks came out.)
Oh well, maybe the refresh parts will be more worth the asking price, or cause the 640MB to drop to where it should be. Considering it's been out since November and started at around $399 MSRP, the current prices ($350-400) suck.

w0rd.

still waiting on my 316 shipped OC2 from bestbuy

if they cancel on me i'll just wait until AMD gets their crap together (and to think I have faith in this company)

Uh, yes, and that's still an issue and a reason not to partake. That was my point. None of the offers so far has been completely straightforward and right. There's always some catch or something shady enough to warrant hesitation. My point is that some of us (a lot of us probably) are still waiting to see a deal for a genuine good price and part availability at a reputable site that's as simple as clicking Add to Cart and Checking Out and paying no more than $320 at the time of purchase for a 640MB GTS card. Pretty simple to understand, I hope?
Fact is these cards remain way over-priced (mostly due to AMD being unable to offer superior products at an equal price which would have forced the 640MB GTS down instead of stabilizing, let alone allowing it to go UP in price as it did after the 2900XT benchmarks came out.)
Oh well, maybe the refresh parts will be more worth the asking price, or cause the 640MB to drop to where it should be. Considering it's been out since November and started at around $399 MSRP, the current prices ($350-400) suck.

Basically, you want a deal where the price charged to your credit card is $320 or less for this video card. In other words, w/o having to use coupons and rebates. Fine, just say that. But don't claim all those other deals aren't/weren't legit.

Basically, you want a deal where the price charged to your credit card is $320 or less for this video card. In other words, w/o having to use coupons and rebates. Fine, just say that. But don't claim all those other deals aren't/weren't legit.

Sorry, none of the deals I was referring to were quite that simple. One was a shady storefront. One was OutOfStock before it began. And the third required less-than-above-board dealings with a third-party website to get a special discount that didn't always even work right. So IN ADDITION TO my desire to see a better price without needing MIRs, each of these deals included an additional negative modifier that pushed them into the realm of the untenable.

Sorry, none of the deals I was referring to were quite that simple. One was a shady storefront. One was OutOfStock before it began. And the third required less-than-above-board dealings with a third-party website to get a special discount that didn't always even work right. So IN ADDITION TO my desire to see a better price without needing MIRs, each of these deals included an additional negative modifier that pushed them into the realm of the untenable.

TBH, Buy.com's was pretty easy - I know because I was in on it. Granted, I don't mind rebates as long as other people are giving the rebate co the thumbs up, or I've received a rebate from them before with no hassles.

The only problem is something that Buy.com always does and is (should be) known for - their in stock / out of stock notification is way out of sync with the actual stock (if there's even a connection between the two :p), and their CS people have no way of seeing what's going on with the warehouses and the actual stock. Or they just don't care. So they ran out of stock fast, got more in about a week or two, and shipped them. If you called in that week or two, the best you would get was 'I dunno.'

It happened to people with the 8800 320 @ $215AR, and it happened again now with the 8800 640 @ $295AR. It happened to me with the Logitech G7 @ $25AR back in September, and I got the Icemat Siberia for $10AR from them too - but they didn't run out of stock that last time. Considering the G7 and Siberia still generally sell for $50+ today, I wouldn't have minded waiting another two weeks back in 2006 for them.

So by a similar token, I think it was worth it - I got my price before June, and the only real negative is that I waited an extra week after hitting 'buy' to receive the card. This is as opposed to waiting another few months without said card to get the same price later.

Yeah, it sucks that I'm so laissez-faire about Buy.com's antics, but it basically means I'll ALWAYS shop at anybody besides than them as long as the others have a competitive price. :) If they give me a smoking deal, I still suck it up like the cheap deal-whore that I am.

Yes, even posted by the same thread starter.

Thats only one deal that is now over and it required a rebate. I still don't see how theya re poping up all the time. lol

I think I need a GTX anywyas unfortunately even though I don't really believe in buying the top of the line cards these days. I might have to wait for the next gen cards to get the performance I need within my budget.

Thats only one deal that is now over and it required a rebate. I still don't see how theya re poping up all the time. lol

I think I need a GTX anywyas unfortunately even though I don't really believe in buying the top of the line cards these days. I might have to wait for the next gen cards to get the performance I need within my budget.

I mainly posted that link for historical/comparison purposes, so that people know that such video cards were available at sub-$300 (granted, AR), and if they're patient enough, those price will occur again soon, one would think.

I mainly posted that link for historical/comparison purposes, so that people know that such video cards were available at sub-$300 (granted, AR), and if they're patient enough, those price will occur again soon, one would think.

I was kind of hoping for a 4th of july sale.

Perhaps we'll see a great 4th of July sale advertised the day before. E-tailers might not want to reveal their hand until the last possible moment, so as to not lose sales today.

Hi Folks!

The pricing on this item was an error on my part, I have removed it from the website to clear any confusion. I apologize for any inconvenience I have caused, feel free to contact me should you have any questions.

I appreciate the input this thread has given me into the design of my website and the use of reseller ratings, I actually removed the popup in the checkout process for reseller ratings a few months back, now I plan to reincorporate it.

Sincerely,

---------------------------
George M. Howard (NW4G)
http://www.gigaparts.com/
GigaParts, Inc.
1426-B Paramount Dr
Huntsville, AL 35806
Voice # (256) 535-4442
---------------------------

Nice to see another retailer on the forums. Wish we saw more of this.

Thanks for stickin up for yourself. It helps us know that you are attentive and adds to your 'retail mojo'

Back