XFX 8800GT is LOUD

It's almost unbearable. I took the heatsink off and found that there is only two wires going to fan, which probably means no fan control at all. According to the product number, I should be able to adjust the fan. I'm very disappointing. I sent a ticket at their website, hopefully the XFX rep on the boards will read this.

You could get the $20 Accelero and run it passive with no noise, and probably better temperatures.

You should take it as a gift!
XFX obviously wanted you to have the ultra clocked edition because of the amazing cooling capabilities. :cool:

It's almost unbearable. I took the heatsink off and found that there is only two wires going to fan, which probably means no fan control at all. According to the product number, I should be able to adjust the fan. I'm very disappointing. I sent a ticket at their website, hopfully the XFX rep on the boards will read this.

i have the non XXX version and i have full control on the fan... but when RIVATUNER kicks it up to 100% it is a loud sum'bytch

i am going accelro soon

I had the same issue with my XFX 8800gt (PVT88PYDQ4 which according to your link should have the adjustable fan). The fan was at a constant 100% and even using the fan control with nTune I couldn't change it. Unfortunately, my card died the day after I bought it so I'm now waiting on my RMA. Maybe the new card will have an adjustable fan.

my bfg makes a loud whine within minutes of loading cod4.

The best comparison I have is it sounds just like the old Evel Knievel motorcycle toy when it was wound up as high as it could go.

Eveltoy.jpg

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Unfortunately, Newegg is sold out yet again on the s1 rev2. NCIXUS has it, but for ~7 more than the egg, which is fine, because my wife actually bitched about the noise, which, to me, warrants getting the s1 rev2.

That sucks, it was .68 cents more the other night...i was making a nice shopping cart from newegg...and right before im about to order the S1 goes out of stock. Ended up getting it for 30 shipped from ncixus.com...shipped out in two days.

I checked your ticket number and it looks like the XFX Tech support staff is taking care of the issue. Keep us posted.

Back