XFX 8600GT XXX overclock results decent?

HighTest

[H]ard|Gawd
I've received the following 3Dmark06 score:

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=2860901

Is 6123 with the default settings in 3Dmark06 good? Here's some screenshots of the frequencies I was able to achieve. Note that the cooling is stock and no modifications were performed on the board.

Project1.jpg

Could there be some new boards that have the GTS speed memory on them?

The date of manufacture is 08/07 and the revision is 6.3

Ran all night long with no artifacts or anything.

Could be, but not likely in the low end range. I wouldn't put ANY credence in 3DPuke, but the score itself is nice in comparison to what I recall getting way back when w/ my overclocked 7900gt/Opteron 165 rig. With that said, you have already overclocked to *over* 8600gts speeds - I believe reference is 675/1000 (2000).

If you're willing to volt mod the GPU (and void the warranty...), you might gain another healthy core clock increase. I wouldn't try it w/out getting an aftermarket HSF though. [edit] Come to think of it, what kind of load temps are you getting now?

I wouldn't go too overboard on the 8600gt core speed but memory I would push it as far as you can go. These cards are memory bandwidth deprived anyways.

Motherboard can only supply 75watts in the PCI-E bus. Without a molex connector you can damage the card and mobo if you overclock your card too hard.

that is a good overclock BTW. My OC GTS should be here on Thursday. Can't wait till I overclock it.

Back