XFX 850 Black Edition Spy Pics

HardOCP News

[H] News
We managed to get our grubby little hands on some more info on the XFX 850 Black Edition power supply. According to the info we have, the XFX 850W Black Edition PSU is capable of 850W of continuous power at 50°C, has high efficiency operation, supports SLI and Crossfire, features detachable modular cables, solid polymer caps and a quiet 135mm ball bearing fan. Keep your eyes peeled here for a complete evaluation in the near future.

Last edited:
Well it looks cool. If it performs and the cost is reasonable I am sure they will sell a bunch.

I am not going to lie, that is one sexy power supply. If it performs well, I bet XFX is going to sell alot of these things.

Now if these things only came in a different color I'd probably be all over one provided it gets a good review (which it probably will based on XFX's track record). Everything that I have now has blue LEDs: case, mouse, keyboard, etc. Having a giant lime green fan in the middle of all the blue would probably drive me insane and make me want to spend even more money replacing all of my other stuff to match lol.

....yes, I know some people will say blue is way overused anyway, but I like it much more than the alternatives out there.

I like how they don't have the 24 pin or any other cables coming out the back.

You do know what a modular PSU is right? If not I suggest you do some researching...there only the greatest type of PSU's to hit the market. Makes cable management SO much easier.

You do know what a modular PSU is right? If not I suggest you do some researching...there only the greatest type of PSU's to hit the market. Makes cable management SO much easier.

Yea, doesn't he know you can take the 24pin plug off when you don't need it? What a moran!

Do you see a 24 pin port back there? Also that hole next to the other ports seems like very sloppy workmanship.

Do you see a 24 pin port back there? Also that hole next to the other ports seems like very sloppy workmanship.

Thats where the actual 24pin cord will come out when you see it in reality and not in a non-3d-"look at this sleek as PSU with no cords!" rendering.

I mean, that is where the modular 24pin plug will connect to, moran!

You can't really judge build quality based on a computer generated model. Also, a lot of modular PSU's have permanent mobo cables, and I'd be willing to bet that's what the hole you are referring to is for; the model just doesn't show it.

I am not going to lie, that is one sexy power supply. If it performs well, I bet XFX is going to sell alot of these things.

Same here. Looks aren't everything, so if this thing performs well, I'll spend a few good $30 or so for the looks. But, if it performs like shit, I'm wouldn't pay $30 less than a good PSU.

But, if it's nice, I'm going to get one. It looks beautiful.

I hope it's quiet.

Thats where the actual 24pin cord will come out when you see it in reality and not in a non-3d-"look at this sleek as PSU with no cords!" rendering.

I mean, that is where the modular 24pin plug will connect to, moran!

While this has nothing to do with the topic at hand, I would like to point out that when you are going to call someone a moron, make sure you spell it right.

While this has nothing to do with the topic at hand, I would like to point out that when you are going to call someone a moron, make sure you spell it right.

am going to point out that you suck at detecting things intended to get laughs (i.e sarcasm), moran. :D;)

What case is gonna highlight this wicked looking ps? If the review is good, I'm ready to rebuild...and my case won't cut it.

11 sata power plugs: damn i like that.

i just dont understand why they bother putting 2 fdd power plugs on a new-generation psu. dont get me wrong, i will have a fdd in my computer for years to come, but 2???

What case is gonna highlight this wicked looking ps? If the review is good, I'm ready to rebuild...and my case won't cut it.

Exactly. Guess this power supply is only for the <1% of people out there who go to LAN parties and have an exotic case. If the case is that exotic, then they probably need something more than an 850W. haha

It does look nice though, but fail on them actually being "spy" pics.

OEM is Seasonic, so it should hold up pretty well. :) Can't wait to see a few reviews!

I thought he was calling those dudes, like Cyber Warriors or something :p
sic:
mor·an [ máwr&#601;n ] (plural mor·an)

noun

Definition:

East Africa Masai warrior: a young unmarried male warrior of the Masai people

[Late 19th century. < Masai]

Cool. So it'd likely be internally identical to the SeaSonic M12D 850W, based on the specs.

And ideas on the price? I hope it's not as expensive as the SS PSU...I'm looking to buy one for my i7 PC.

Back