XFX 7950 3GB Double Dissipation

apopleptic

Limp Gawd
I bought one of these used a while back and it seems like they have recently gone way up in price. Did I miss something?
I haven't been using it as much as I expected. Is it time to sell it and get something else?
It almost seems like I can buy one of the new gen cards new for what these are selling for.
Thoughts?

Absolutely! if you don't mind going without that kind of power and waiting a bit for some sales do it! The mining craze really affected the prices but what sucks about it is now that AMD prices jumped in price NV has zero incentive to lower prices so most gpus are poor values save stuff like 780s and even those only seem like great values because of the overpriced 290/x.

If I was in this situation I would probably sell it for as much as possible then use that cash for a used 780 that way you upgrade from a 7950 to a GTX 780 with less than $100 spent!

So do you think should I dump the 7850 twin frozr that's in my HTPC?
I got a new xbox 360 so I can use that for gaming for a bit while I wait for a sale.

Well in that cards case you'd be probably getting back the cost, which if you think about isn't too bad considering you basically rented for two years and getting almost full value back. :p

I think if you don't mind going IGP for a bit I would say go ahead and sell and see what else you can get with cash, in essence you'd be selling your card and "resetting" the warranty with whatever new card you got.

Back