XFx 780i and EVGA 750i FTW

waseem

Limp Gawd
I have the xfx 750i and i run my system in SLI Mode 9800gtx+
i read about the xfx 750i and i found out that MBO when it runing in SLI mode the sli will be 8x x 2 not 16x x2 so i look out to change this bad MBO becuse i need more pef in the games so i decied to change it to :

1- Xfx 780i SLI

2- EVGA 750I SLI FTW its runing in full 16x SLI mode

the 780i from evga its cost alot so what to buy ?

thanx :)

I have the xfx 750i and i run my system in SLI Mode 9800gtx+
i read about the xfx 750i and i found out that MBO when it runing in SLI mode the sli will be 8x x 2 not 16x x2 so i look out to change this bad MBO becuse i need more pef in the games so i decied to change it to :

1- Xfx 780i SLI

2- EVGA 750I SLI FTW its runing in full 16x SLI mode

the 780i from evga its cost alot so what to buy ?

thanx :)

There is no practical difference between running SLI using an 8x8 PCI-Express lane configuration when compared to a 16x16 lane configuration. The difference is pretty much academic. The only performance increase you'd get out of a 780i SLI board would be from supporting higher memory clock speeds. (DDR2 1200 vs. DDR2 1066MHz)

so you think to have much more pef to change it to 780i ?

No. The difference is minimal It doesn't justify the cost. And you'd need higher spec'ed RAM in order to take advantage of it anyway.

I'd just leave it the way it is now. If you're going to swap out the motherboard and spend the money, I'd get a whole new X58/i7 combo. Otherwise, leave it alone.

you should change evga to asus or gigabyte same videocard but much better
4e0d67e54ad6626e957d15b08ae128a6.jpg
cd0dce8fca267bf1fb86cf43e18d5598.jpg

I think I"ll change the MBO to XFX 780i SLI to have 16x x2 not like the crap 750i 8x x2 In sli mode

I think I"ll change the MBO to XFX 780i SLI to have 16x x2 not like the crap 750i 8x x2 In sli mode

Did you not read Dan_D's post? There is ZERO difference between 8x8 and 16x16 SLI. You're just wasting money by switching to the XFX 780i.

If you're going to do that, you should get two higher end cards like 280's to justify the switch. 9800GTX just isn't worth a motherboard swap IMO.

why is no difference between 8x8 and 16x16 SLI ? why i need to know
8x x2 its not full sli but 16x x2 is fast than 8x x2 sli in the games
and in Israel the evga 750i ftw is cost about 330 usd here in Israel not Like us like Tiger Direct or compusa its x 4 times in pirce than usa my cpu cost here about 500 usd its crazy prices in here and i try to order the 780i ftw from TigerDirect they till you will buy the shipping about 211 usd dollars yes its sound vvvvvv crazy so this computer cost me a lot of money so in the same time i want peformance ......

why is no difference between 8x8 and 16x16 SLI ? why i need to know
8x x2 its not full sli but 16x x2 is fast than 8x x2 sli in the games

Simply put: SLI does not take advantage nor require the amount of bandwidth offered by 16x16 SLI. 8x8 SLI is more than enough bandwidth for SLI. Therefore you will see ZERO performance difference between 16x16 and 8x8 SLI.

Therefore do not waste your money getting a 780i or 750i FTW motherboard. Your current motherboard is fine. 9800GTX SLI is more than enough for a 22" monitor.

So ....... :confused: I don't know why but if it the 750i in sli the same 750i ftw and 780i why they till they are fast please i want to know before i spend more money :(

why they till they are fast

I have no idea what you just asked/said right there. But just guessing:

The eVGA 750i FTW is recommended so much because it is one of the more stable SLI motherboard out now. It's a non-reference design meaning that eVGA did not use Nvidia's design for a 750i motherboard. In fact, eVGA improved upon Nvidia's design as a result. Hence why it costs more than other 750i motherboards: Because it's of superior quality in terms of design and manufacture.

780i motherboards are mainly sought after because people are unaware that there is no difference between 16x16 and 8x8 SLI. Occasionally people want the slightly better feature set of the 780i (no bearing on performance though, just functionality)

If your current 750i motherboard is stable and working just fine, there is absolutely ZERO reason for you to get the 750i FTW or 780i motherboard.

I have no idea what you just asked/said right there. But just guessing:

The eVGA 750i FTW is recommended so much because it is one of the more stable SLI motherboard out now. It's a non-reference design meaning that eVGA did not use Nvidia's design for a 750i motherboard. In fact, eVGA improved upon Nvidia's design as a result. Hence why it costs more than other 750i motherboards: Because it's of superior quality in terms of design and manufacture.

780i motherboards are mainly sought after because people are unaware that there is no difference between 16x16 and 8x8 SLI. Occasionally people want the slightly better feature set of the 780i (no bearing on performance though, just functionality)

If your current 750i motherboard is stable and working just fine, there is absolutely ZERO reason for you to get the 750i FTW or 780i motherboard.

To add to that, the 780i SLI also supports 3-Way SLI. The 750i SLI FTW does not. 3-Way SLI is the ONLY reason to get a 780i SLI over a 750i SLI board.

Thanx for you replay and I think that i"ll upgrade to the 750i FTW from Evga cuz its more stable like you said , add to this what that's mean FTW and i know that for the winner and i don't know what stable in this MBO , in last time i get blue screen when i try to open the ntune from Nvidia ..... why and i guss i will have more pef in the 750i ftw :D

Thanx for you replay and I think that i"ll upgrade to the 750i FTW from Evga cuz its more stable like you said , add to this what that's mean FTW and i know that for the winner and i don't know what stable in this MBO , in last time i get blue screen when i try to open the ntune from Nvidia ..... why and i guss i will have more pef in the 750i ftw :D

Sounds like it was just an overclocking mishap. Doesn't sound like your XFX 750i mobo is unstable. Unless you can think of actual and extensive instability with your current motherboard, there is no reason for you to get the 750i FTW.

I format the windows and i install the vista 64bit ult edition and i download the lastet drivers for the gpu and the mbo , i download the NVIDIA System Tools with ESA Support software when i try to overclock the cpu the computer frezzeing ???!!!!

* when i get the blue screen i hvn't overclock any thing .....

so why my computer freeze ? and whts means 6x and 8.5x ?!!!!!! its crazy my q9550 is in 2.83 ghz orginal i have big fan for the cooling cpu why why why omg...

i think also the xfx 750i she have 1 - of 16x pci express 2.0 and the sec 16x pce 1.0\
in the sli 8x pci exp 2 and 8x pcie 1.0 ver :mad: i'm mad from this mbo even its stable in the games i think the evga 750i more better its for the winner i will return the XFX :mad::mad: its not good company .... they not till that this mbo have in sli mode 8x 8x :mad::mad::mad::mad:

i think also the xfx 750i she have 1 - of 16x pci express 2.0 and the sec 16x pce 1.0\
in the sli 8x pci exp 2 and 8x pcie 1.0 ver :mad: i'm mad from this mbo even its stable in the games i think the evga 750i more better its for the winner i will return the XFX :mad::mad: its not good company .... they not till that this mbo have in sli mode 8x 8x :mad::mad::mad::mad:

<delete> why state the obvious.

I format the windows and i install the vista 64bit ult edition and i download the lastet drivers for the gpu and the mbo , i download the NVIDIA System Tools with ESA Support software when i try to overclock the cpu the computer frezzeing ???!!!!

* when i get the blue screen i hvn't overclock any thing .....

so why my computer freeze ?

Oh yez.. I see prblm - u uzed thad "NVIDIA System Tools with ESA Support software" thigez bud it duznt werk.

SO DON'T INSTALL IT. ok? Overclock with the bios. There is probably nothing wrong with the board.

and whts means 6x and 8.5x ?!!!!!! its crazy my q9550 is in 2.83 ghz orginal i have big fan for the cooling cpu why why why omg...

um google.. speedstep. Dude, pull it together. Wow.

The 750i FTW is 16x/16x, jsut ask their techs. There was an error in marketing.

Yes, they (XFX) did tell you that (the 750i board switches to 8x 8x in SLI mode). Repeatedly, I'm sure. You just didn't do your research.

Stop overclocking if the machine proves unstable. I bet it'll be stable again.

It's not the board, you're just pushing your components too hard.

You will see absolutely no appreciable difference switching to the EVGA 750i SLI FTW. I promise you this. As others have already told you, repeatedly, your current cards don't make use of the bandwidth offered by your current board... so making more bandwidth available to them will do /nothing/.

Think of it like this. You have a large pipe, and you pour some water through it. It goes fast, and at no point does it fill up completely, so you aren't limited in the speed the water is going through the pipe by the size of the pipe, it's just running along the bottom. Then you go get an even bigger pipe, and pour the same amount of water through it. Having a bigger pipe doesn't give you more water on the other end, or make the water you pour through go any faster.

so why my computer freeze ? and whts means 6x and 8.5x ?!!!!!! its crazy my q9550 is in 2.83 ghz orginal i have big fan for the cooling cpu why why why omg...

CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, XFX is not a bad company. It's your fault that you did not do your research ahead of time. A basic search would have told you that every 750i mobo except for the 750i FTW has only 8x8 SLI. You've been told roughly 8 freakin' times already that there is absolutely no reason for you to switch to the 750i FTW. How many times must we tell you switching to the 750i FTW is a stupid and wasteful use of money? So let me repeat it one more time: DO NOT BOTHER WITH THE 750I FTW MOTHERBOARD!!.

As for why your system BSOD'd, that's the result of that overclocking software. So ditch it and just overclock through the BIOs like most people do. And RTFM to find out what the settings are in the BIOs. As for the 6x and 8.5X, that's Intel's SpeedStep in action. Google it like Mega666 recommended. Simply put: JUST IGNORE IT!

It's like you're ignoring all the advice....

Some people just should stay away from overclocking.

It will save yourself the headache and stop you from throwing blame around at everything else except yourself.

CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, XFX is not a bad company. It's your fault that you did not do your research ahead of time. A basic search would have told you that every 750i mobo except for the 750i FTW has only 8x8 SLI. You've been told roughly 8 freakin' times already that there is absolutely no reason for you to switch to the 750i FTW. How many times must we tell you switching to the 750i FTW is a stupid and wasteful use of money? So let me repeat it one more time: DO NOT BOTHER WITH THE 750I FTW MOTHERBOARD!!.

As for why your system BSOD'd, that's the result of that overclocking software. So ditch it and just overclock through the BIOs like most people do. And RTFM to find out what the settings are in the BIOs. As for the 6x and 8.5X, that's Intel's SpeedStep in action. Google it like Mega666 recommended. Simply put: JUST IGNORE IT!

It's like you're ignoring all the advice....

I couldn't agree more. Well said.

thanx all about the help ........ I buy the 750i ftw and now i have the xfx 750i and the ftw so i will see the deffrence in my eye ,,,,, oh i forget the ftw in the bios there are many and alot of option to over clock not like the stupped XFX MBO .....

thanx all about the help ........ I buy the 750i ftw and now i have the xfx 750i and the ftw so i will see the deffrence in my eye ,,,,, oh i forget the ftw in the bios there are many and alot of option to over clock not like the stupped XFX MBO .....

Well, I guess you have to feel good about your purchase. I know that feeling :).

there is no gain between 16x vs 8x. the only advantage of the 750i is that it will give you more stable oc's which you are obviously not doing anyways.

thanx for the help but i think EVGA vs XFX but evga its the best ;)

gnongnongnongnongnongnongnongnongnongnongnongnongnongnongnongnongnong

as curly used to say.

i ask you question. then i do opposite. i make believe i do not understand you. you make long explanation. i say thanx and ignore. ha ha ha. omg omg omg. why?

Translation: "I continue to ignore you. Typing here is pointless. I read it and chuckle to myself. Dance my pretties, dance!"

Exactly, do me a favor and go to another forum as you clearly asked for help/advice by coming here, and we gave you some. And then you pretty much ignored us and continued to ask even more questions.

So you basically ignored everyone's excellent advice, then?

Don't be surprised when people start ignoring your requests for help.

Back