XFX 7800 GT OC $69.99 zipzoomfly.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjcox

2[H]4U
Made you look!

Seriously though. That's exactly what the full page ad in Computer Shopper from zipzoomfly says.

zipzoommistake.jpg

only if the stores will ring up 69.99

by law they must give you that price right?

wholly shiT!!!!!!!!!
call ZZF and order one :)
and send me that mag afterwards

omg.I was whipping out my credit card.

Do they have to give you this price? or no?

Can someone confirm?

289 bucks for a gig of corsair value select? i guess that was the mess up.

clickclickw00t said:
Can the moderator change that to title to dead or something. I think it's kinda misleading.
the OP has the option to do it.... just go to thread tools and select close thread

Shameless Liar said:
Well it's $319 now, so still not bad.
got mine for $280ar last weekend from newegg. It's sitting here right now under a pile of parts waiting for a mobo.

lol, i looked at their site
List Price: $389.99
Our Price: $339.99
Instant Rebate: $20.00
After Instant Rebate: $319.99
You Save: $70.00
shitload of prices, so i look at bottom
OMG 70 dollars
then i sadly realize that thats only how much i save :(

Technically the store doesn't have to give it to you, but if you made a big enough huff puff about it they would most likely bend and give it to you as most retailers would.

Xiro said:
Technically the store doesn't have to give it to you, but if you made a big enough huff puff about it they would most likely bend and give it to you as most retailers would.
I doubt that.

killa62 said:
lol, i looked at their site
List Price: $389.99
Our Price: $339.99
Instant Rebate: $20.00
After Instant Rebate: $319.99
You Save: $70.00
shitload of prices, so i look at bottom
OMG 70 dollars
then i sadly realize that thats only how much i save :(

I did the same. Office Max did that with a 1000va UPS once and I got two of them for $30 each :D. Wouldn't be as easy with an online store though... once they catch on they can just cancell orders.

i'm telling you right now, there is no way an online sales rep is gonna let you have it at that price

Xiro said:

dont think so, the nice big man in the yellow polo shirt sitting at the front will politely show you the door, as most retailers would.

intogamer said:
only if the stores will ring up 69.99

by law they must give you that price right?

Nope. That is what disclaimers are for.

"We are not responsible for errors in advertisements.....'

I went in to look at a used car one time and the price tag was $10k cheaper then what it really was. The salesperon said, multiple times, that was the correct price and what you see is what you get. I asked him 4-5 times.

After I wanted to buy it they said "so sorry, we messed up". Wonder what the law is when they tell you to your face and re-assure you multiple times.

Binaural said:
I went in to look at a used car one time and the price tag was $10k cheaper then what it really was. The salesperon said, multiple times, that was the correct price and what you see is what you get. I asked him 4-5 times.

After I wanted to buy it they said "so sorry, we messed up". Wonder what the law is when they tell you to your face and re-assure you multiple times.
Bait and switch?

if not that then maybe false advertising, since he reassured him multiple times before the contract was to be signed. Usually that should be the time when you leave the place.

knew it was going to be a typo or data entry error. But I was hoping that I could jump on it, and get it shipped before they caught the mistake.

Binaural said:
I did that at a new car year-end close out sale a few years back. They had the big parking lot sale, tents, balloons, and a whole row of 1998 models on closeout. The price on the windshield is the price you pay, etc. In the middle of the long line of trucks is a fully-loaded '99...with a '98 closeout sticker on the windshield.

"I'll take this one right here." Papers are signed, I get the keys and almost have it off the lot when the manager comes by for one final handshake when he says, "Wait a minute, this one's supposed to be in the showroom back at the dealership. It's the only '99 on the West coast." It was too late for them to take it back, but I'm sure someone at the lot got beaten with a 2x4 later.

I saw that in Computer Shopper too, then I looked at the fine-print at the bottom of that page and:

"ZipZoomfly is not responsible for typographic and/or photographic errors. Please refer to ZipZoomfly for the latest pricing and terms of sale."

I was like.. darn...

Can't you take that ad to a store that does price matching and get it priced matched.

I don't know of any stores that will price match an online store. Usually it has to be a physical building within X amount of miles from the store.

I wrote them anyhow... you can probably guess the reply!

Gone are the good ole days when the store keeper's word actually meant something.

cjcox said:

Gone are the good ole days when the store keeper's word actually meant something.
ok well if you get some for 69.99, buy me one. actually, buy me two. :)

cjcox said:

Because shit happens and ZZF doesn't want to sell you and everyone else a $300 card for $80? They make mistakes you know.

People should have realized this in the first place and not even bothered. If is sounds and looks too good to be true, then well you know.

*Note, not meant as an attack towards anyone

Hardforum is looking more and more like slickdeals.net everyday.

ZZF made a fucking typo mistake. Get over it and go on with your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back