XFX 680i LT Sli (e8400 compatible?)

Ruckus

Hardforum Moderator-in-Chief
Staff member
I bought an XFX 680i LT Sli from someone on the site, it hasnt arrived yet. He said it can run the 45nm duo procs, but I had someone else on the site say they cant. Can anyone confirm or deny that they can run the e8400? Their site requires a serial number to get into support (stupidest idea ever) so i cant read the bios releases on their site to see if any flashes allowed for that, as I wont have the board here till like tuesday but I am looking at a good deal on an e8400 but I dont want to have to eat the proc, and buy a 6850 or q6600 later on.

check the xfx site for the latest bios, it should work with the 8400's. Bios P07 is the one you wan to have on that board according to their site.

You can also search their site by Product code...in this case that would be...

MB-N680-ILT9

You'll notice BIOS P07 on their site. Which adds microcode support for 45nm CPU's (wolfdale only unfortunately). The board should post with an 8400 and BIOS P06, which will allow you to flash to P07 for full support. .

thanks, I just got nervous cause someone on here made the comment of "why did i buy that board it wont run the e8400" which got me nervous about dishing out over $200 on a proc. I usually wait for the next generations to come out before buying a proc, this is the first time I bought one as it was released.

I know that EVGA 680i Rev a-1 boards can run the e8400 with the p31 or p32 Bios upgrade.

Exactly the same deal with P06 and P07.

I think they're honestly the same BIOS's, just different options available for the full on 680i SLI.

Back