XFX 5870 XXX in stock - Newegg

Ugh, tempted to get the sapphire but hate that they keep selling above retail. Any guesses how long they'll stay in stock?

Edit: Doh, Sapphire went out of stock as I checked out. The Vapor model, anyway.

Holy crap they're still in stock. Either Newegg received one hell of a shipment or supply finally met demand at these inflated prices.
Unemployment sits at 10%
Foreclosures continue
Banks won't lend
Companies won't hire
Christmas is in a few weeks

Just a few reasons why people may be thinking twice before dropping a wad of cash on a non-essential item such as a graphics card.

Unemployment sits at 10%
Foreclosures continue
Banks won't lend
Companies won't hire
Christmas is in a few weeks

Just a few reasons why people may be thinking twice before dropping a wad of cash on a non-essential item such as a graphics card.
Any and all are good reasons to crimp demand. I'd be interested to see how many folks that could/are affected by this economic downturn would buy such an expensive piece of hardware if they weren't. I'm always curious as to how far reaching this recession is.

FYI, Microcenter and Fry's have the HD5870's in stock at $399 price if you have one in your area. Microcenter also has the HD5850 at $299.

FYI, Microcenter and Fry's have the HD5870's in stock at $399 price if you have one in your area. Microcenter also has the HD5850 at $299.

Really? I don't see either on the website, is this B&M only?

Yow...........XFX 5870 still there.

Kinda pricey though......mine were MSRP, and at the time I saw some selling for $10 less.:eek:

Still...........a great card.
Not so sure I'm liking the new egg web page dealio though...........

Really? I don't see either on the website, is this B&M only?

It will probably vary by location, but I would go in to verify. My MC doesn't show the HD5870 on-line, but I saw it there and their in-store inventory to make sure it was available.

I backed out cuz I don't want that large cursor problem, but in stock still for both XFX.

DOUBLE LIFETIME WARRANTY

While I do agree with your point, it should be mentioned that you could buy a pretty lengthy SquareTrade warranty with $40, and that would also transfer to the next owner.

(again, I still agree with you, though...)

I backed out cuz I don't want that large cursor problem, but in stock still for both XFX.

large cursor problem is not cause by the graphic card..

IIRC, its the x58 chipset that cause it, just need to update the BIOS..

Newegg reviewer > us

Ha. made me laugh...............:p

Don't worry about the cursor thing...........
I have an X58 board and 5870s, and have never eard of that problem.:eek:

But hey, it's on newegg so it must be true.

I have finally decided to go with the cheaper (and slightly slower) vanilla version.

Back