XFX 5770 for $135 Shipped After BCB from TigerDirect

does this one use a custom pcb, lower quality components or anything else we should know about?

model # is HD-577X-ZNFC

Nice price.

2 of these in Xfire is hard to beat for the money.

does this one use a custom pcb, lower quality components or anything else we should know about?

model # is HD-577X-ZNFC

It has a custom PCB with only 1 crossfire connector. Not sure about lower quality components, although the back of the card looks sparse compared to the reference design.

Thanks, been debating between this and a 5850. Seems Fermi will not be putting any pricing pressure on ATI. So, for the money, this seems like a good deal. Even though i got charged tax.

Now to sell my 4770.....

Tax kills this deal for me. I can get it at newegg for $2 more shipped without having to wait for cashback.

Beware. If this is the custom PCB (and it looks like it) then it uses considerably sub-par components and materials. Overclocking will be terrible.

On the other hand, if you don't care about that sort of thing, this is a sufficiently low price on a mediocre 5770...Still a deal.

That looks like the same card I just picked up from newegg. It has been running great for me so far.

Beware. If this is the custom PCB (and it looks like it) then it uses considerably sub-par components and materials. Overclocking will be terrible.

On the other hand, if you don't care about that sort of thing, this is a sufficiently low price on a mediocre 5770...Still a deal.

This seems like a fairly large jump in logic you are making. XFX typically makes decent cards and has good warranty coverage, I can not imagine they would just put a pile of shit on the market using "considerably sub-par components".

Tigerdirect has been having quite a bit lately. Sucks that I live in NC, for NC tax.

While XFX is a great card I prefer the reference cooler over the egg one. I know many don't but just know what you're getting. I like to exhaust out the back of the case which this does and will not

While XFX is a great card I prefer the reference cooler over the egg one. I know many don't but just know what you're getting. I like to exhaust out the back of the case which this does and will not

Shouldn't matter much if the case being used has decent air flow. More important thing to look at is the gpu core temps which the V2 cooler has shown to be superior.

I bought this awhile back but they mistakely sent me the egg heatsink one by XFX. I was going to complain but the card overclocks to 1010/1320 on stock voltages, so I kept it lol

Isn't the egg shaped cooler better?

From what I have read, it depends on the airflow through your case. If you have good airflow, the egg cooler will do better as it exhausts inside the case. If your airflow isn't so good, the old cooler will do better, as it exhausts out the back.

This seems like a fairly large jump in logic you are making. XFX typically makes decent cards and has good warranty coverage, I can not imagine they would just put a pile of shit on the market using "considerably sub-par components".

Then Google it. It's a well-known issue that XFX began using sub-par materials and components in their non-reference 5770s.

http://www.google.com

There ya go. It's not hard.

Has anyone received theirs yet. I got mine yesterday, and to my disappointment It was clocked at 830 for the core, and wont run stable at its specified default clock speed of 850.
very disappointed.

Sending this back, already purchased the msi 5770 hawk from newegg for 155 After rebate and bing cashback

Has anyone received theirs yet. I got mine yesterday, and to my disappointment It was clocked at 830 for the core, and wont run stable at its specified default clock speed of 850.
very disappointed.

Sending this back, already purchased the msi 5770 hawk from newegg for 155 After rebate and bing cashback

Thats weird, got mine the other day and its running at 850, maybe they can rma you a new one?

MSI Hawk ftw, I love mine it runs quiet as heck and only hits about 70c under full load @ 950/1415 stock voltages using furmark, fans never go above 70% which is darn near silent as the rest of my PC is louder than that.

very disappointed.

This is EXACTLY what I warned about. Many, many people have this problem with non-reference XFX cards, because they started using sub-standard components. I'm sorry you weren't aware of this. Some people have managed to get XFX to RMA it, or you could just return it and cut your losses.

Or live with it I guess :p

TigerDirect is a bunch of scheissters. I stopped shopping there years ago after everything they sent me was either quirky, flawed, or non-functional.

This is EXACTLY what I warned about. Many, many people have this problem with non-reference XFX cards, because they started using sub-standard components. I'm sorry you weren't aware of this. Some people have managed to get XFX to RMA it, or you could just return it and cut your losses.

Or live with it I guess :p

Yeah, what gets me is that they tried to pass off a crippled 5770 chip that should have been in a 5750 instead. Im gonna see if they will upgrade me to something better, or I'll just return it. Either way i have a MSI 5770 Hawk coming from newegg. Not buying from Tiger Direct, again, that for sure.

Im sure this is in some way TD's fault

Yeah, what gets me is that they tried to pass off a crippled 5770 chip that should have been in a 5750 instead. Im gonna see if they will upgrade me to something better, or I'll just return it. Either way i have a MSI 5770 Hawk coming from newegg. Not buying from Tiger Direct, again, that for sure.

Im sure this is in some way TD's fault

I think you have an overactive imagination, but that's just me.

I think you have an overactive imagination, but that's just me.

It appears i do, :D

I was able to fix the issue when I tried to test the card out in a diff pc, It work fine in that one, and then when i put the 5770 back in my main pc it worked fine in that one too. I changed nothing else. Same drivers same everthing, cant figure out what was the issue.

All is good with my XFX 5770 again, I got my panties in a bunch over nothing.

Hey--I'm glad you worked it out for you. It seemed WAY too anomalous for what you were describing. All is right in the world again :D

Back