XFPS 360 keyboard/mouse adapter for 360

Has anyone used one of these devices and have opinions on them?
I am looking for a good online dealer to pick one up after looking at a video of Call of Duty 4 being played using one. It looks so much smoother than gamepad control (I am like a monkey smashing his fist on a DDR pad when it comes to GamePad FPS).

(here is the video for those curious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVQHykmjkCE )

Has anyone used one of these devices and have opinions on them?
I am looking for a good online dealer to pick one up after looking at a video of Call of Duty 4 being played using one. It looks so much smoother than gamepad control (I am like a monkey smashing his fist on a DDR pad when it comes to GamePad FPS).

(here is the video for those curious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVQHykmjkCE )

i gave up on FPS when i gave up on PC gaming and went to a 360, i have played around with the demos of all the major FPS games and am extremely glad i never bought any of them, and honestly, FPS's even on a PC now bore me to no end, i did actually buy into the hype of Gears and pre-ordered it, played it for about a week, played it once or twice after that, then gave it back to Gamestop for $30 store credit to get a game worth playing

Why do we have to pay $100 for something like that? fuck microsoft for not supporting mouse/kb. When most of the good game on your console is FPS and you dont support mouse/kb?? Xbox360 fans alway say microsoft DOESNT force them to buy useless stuffs ( blu-ray, wifi ). what about giving us some useful stuffs microfuckingsoft. Give me mouse/kb support, give me a browswer....give me logitech wheel support.

i dont feel slighted by the lack of kb/mouse support......if i wanted that i would have stuck with PC gaming....

So has anyone actually used this thing? Looks like $100 is the going rate, and you need a cheap little PS2 accessory to go with it.

Sure would be nice to feel a bit more at home on my newly purchased box.

PM ubernoob, he plays COD4 beta with the xfps with the vreg mod. I can tell you from my personal experience it works fine with R6 Vegas ( but only with the vreg mod / smartjoy MX518 combo)

Yeah..that's actually my video. On youtube, i'm Ub3rn00berer.
There's a huge thread on the product and how to get it working right on the maxconsole.com forums.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40681

Forget about the review the site gives it. The review is garbage and full of lies.
Basically, you need the XFPS, an MX518 mouse (best mouse to use as given by opinion on people in the maxconsole thread), and a Smartjoy Frag playstion 2 version. Then, you do a volt mod with some solder (easy to do. I'm not good at stuff like that and mine works fine), and some keyboard. I use an old Dell keyboard but any standard non usb keyboard should work.
It's not as smooth as playing a game on the PC, but it's a helluvalot easier than using an xbox controller to play an FPS game. At least, it is for alot of people.

I also have a video of me playing some COD 3 with the XFPs before I did the smartjoy frag mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLUFStSnBpg

As you can see, it's playable...but not great.

haha wow .. the internet is a small world. thanks for posting that video uber and also thank you for posting that link to the huge thread.

after reading it over I think I understand the basic concepts. you just use the XFPS as a PS2 to Xbox 360 adapter .. and the SmartJoy does all the real work. sad that the $15 smartjoy is really what does the work, when the stupid pass through device costs almost $100. Such is life!

any recomendation on where to buy one? the two links provided on XCMlive are basically broken. one site is listing no inventory, and the other seemed quite archaic.

i got both my XFPs and my Smartjoy Frag on ebay.
If you do get it from Ebay, be carful that it's actually a smartjoy frag and not a "smart box" or some other clone device. Those other devices will not work.

Back