xeon overclock?

Sojuuk

2[H]4U
well ive prety much decided i want to get 2 xeon 2.4A's with an asus 875p motherboard. my question is since this chipset is naturally made for 200mhz fsb would overclocking be possible?

Yes it is quite possible, and even easy if you know what you are doing. If you want 200FSB though you'd be much better off with xeon 2.4B's. In order to get 200FSB with this board you have to use jumpers and if you have a high multiplier CPU (like 24x) it won't POST at all. (4.8GHz..)

The 2.4B is pretty much the best solution because it has a low 18 multiplier.

http://www.datamine.tk/ is a very useful site you should check out as well as the 2CPU.com forums, especially the huge Asus PC-DL thread there.

Sojuuk said:
well ive prety much decided i want to get 2 xeon 2.4A's with an asus 875p motherboard. my question is since this chipset is naturally made for 200mhz fsb would overclocking be possible?
In terms of overclock, the Asus PC-DL Delux is good up to 160MHz FSB range, but to get to 200MHz is highly unlikely. I don't know that for sure as I don't have the board. However, the Iwill DH800 actually supports 800MHz Xeons when they come out so you can quite possibly get the FSB up to and beyond 200MHz! You should take a look at this thread over at 2CPU.com forums... It's real eye-opener! ;)

PC-DL is capable of running [200-233MHz] natively via BIOS with 2.4/533 Xeon or lower speed. Running 875P chipset at 200FSB is nearly no effort to the chipset. We have been able to run PC-DL at 265FSB or so for a while now.

DH800 can run 200FSB+ with Prestonia/533FSB after proper BSEL modification in place. You also get the nice vCore, vDIMM. vAGP adjustment feature in BIOS to help achieve higher OCing potential. ;)

Or you can wait for Asus NCCH-DL which also supports dual Nocona/800MHz/1MB 90nm CPU officially as Iwill DH800.

HFU

Back