Xenoverse 2

bpizzle1

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone else picking this up? My brother and I grew up on DBZ, and we bought the original Xenoverse on a whim with zero expectations. We ended up having a blast (in no small part due to the massive amount of nostalgia) and played way more than I ever thought we would. We're both looking forward to playing the sequel this weekend.

I liked DBZ growing up too, but I hear as far as the MP goes this game is rife with cheaters on the PC. My bro said definitely get it on a console if you have one and plan on online play.

I was a day1 purchase of Xenoverse and loved it. I may hold off on XV:2 because WoW has my 98% attention especially with 7.1 coming out, Then i just discovered star citizen for my other 1%

I dont have any consoles so PC all the way

Already got it on steam and it isn't so much cheaters as a poorly balanced fighting system that favors sayians and super techniques.

Already got it on steam and it isn't so much cheaters as a poorly balanced fighting system that favors sayians and super techniques.

Eh, I was never in it for any sort of compeitive play. You can't make anything in the spirit of DBZ and expect it to be very balanced. The very essence of the anime revolves around insanely overpowered characters doing ridiculous stuff. That's why I enjoyed the first Xenoverse so much, I think. It was unapologetically DBZ, and I had a blast making my own fighter ridiculously OP.

In all honesty, the most broken thing in the first one wasn't Sayans spamming super moves (which was the route I took), it was a human character using a particular z-soul that healed you super fast when you're at full ki. Since humans have natural ki gen, they could sit at full ki the whole time and permanently have ultra-fast health regen. At that point, you were basically invulnerable. My bro went that route with his character, and it was pretty obvious that it was even more broken than my Sayan super spamming.

That z-soul worked wonders on every race, really. I used it on my Frieza Race character for end game and post game content.

The Super Saiyan spam issue is at least no longer a problem in XV2. Super Saiyans no longer get infinite ki when transformed. The transformation is just a stat boost and every race has a transformation of some kind.

That z-soul worked wonders on every race, really. I used it on my Frieza Race character for end game and post game content.

The Super Saiyan spam issue is at least no longer a problem in XV2. Super Saiyans no longer get infinite ki when transformed. The transformation is just a stat boost and every race has a transformation of some kind.
And if you bring your old char in from 1 they don't get to keep a number of moves including the transformation.

Back