XE iGPU- anyone here tried it for gaming yet?

NattyKathy

[H]ard|Gawd
Been watching a lot of benchmarks on Youtube and it seems like XE is all over the place in comparison to Geforce MX and Picasso/Renoir. In particular vs MX350, the Geforce looks to be anywhere from 15%-100% faster than XE (usually around 20-30%) on DX11 & DX12- but both are evenly-matched in Vulkan 🤔

anyone here have hands-on experience? I want to be excited about XE but the inconsistency is uninspiring... just early driver issues, or does Tiger Lake have less bite than Intel claimed?

Can't speak to it, but I'd be curious to see if we start seeing Chinese ATX boards with some of these new mobile CPUs embedded. Would make a compelling Plex / transcoding machine with low power consumption.

Can't speak to it, but I'd be curious to see if we start seeing Chinese ATX boards with some of these new mobile CPUs embedded. Would make a compelling Plex / transcoding machine with low power consumption.
I would love to see a PCIe 1X slot card with that chip for transcodes. I know PCIe is only 250MB/s but that's enough for 10 streams of 4K.

Back