XBOX360 Repair Followup

I made a post a little while ago and this is my follow up.

So I paid 150 dollars to Microsoft to get my xbox fixed, and I recieved my replacement on tuesday (2 days ago).

I felt happy knowning that accoring to the new serial number an manufacturing date that it was a new(er) unit (4-24-06)

So Tuesday night I played for 2 hours, and yesterday I played for 2 hours. So last night at 10:30 I go to play a game of NHL 07 and - The red rings of death.

Even if I am getting free shipping and a repair this still sucks, I can't believe the quality of this product. And not to mention three weeks of xbox live down the drain.

Sucks man. My launch 360 just died 2 weeks ago today, and i just received mine back. Fortunately it was fixed under warranty since i purchased the extended.

Hope i dont have mine die in the first few hours of playing it.

GL.

yeah that sucks. I just sent my second 360 back last week. hopefully the third time is the charm. :mad:

I would love to get an Xbox 360 but I think the only way I'd feel safe about it is if I went the Costco route so if it ever died I'd just exchange it.

I'm not even a Costco member but I'd join just to get that sort of guarantee.

I called yesterday to get my replacement controller for my controller with "stick buttons" ;) so now I have two controllers.... but anyways. I was told that I can get 2 years of additional warranty for 40 Canadian, or 20 for one year, I think I am going to purchase that when my 90 days are up in March 07 just to be on the safe side.

Back