Xbox360 and Firmware

ShepsCrook

[H]F Junkie
Are there any updates for the xbox360 as far as firmware goes? I JUST bought mine last week and I tried The Bourne Ultimatum in the drive and it sits at loading when I try the HD side. It know it's the bourne movie, and it starts to play using PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 but it pops up this techy looking loading window and just stays there.

The regular DVD side works just fine.

I did a google search and most of what people say is that the firmware has to be installed using the Xbox360 or burning the latest update to a CD and popping it into the drive.

Anyone know where to get the latest firmware? Or any suggestions?

try xbox live? that's where I've gotten updates before. dunno if they were firmware or not, but they did say the xbox would reboot itself once or twice during the update process.

Yeah, I had seen this but wasn't sure if it would solve the problem. Figured I'd check here first.

Well, I did click the cancel button on the loading window and the movie started playing, but it doesn't play in surround sound. So now I've got to figure that out. I'm going to reinstall the audio drivers and reinstall powerdvd and see where that takes me.

Well, after some time of reinstalling drivers and whatnot. I've gotten everything working. The Bourne Ultimatum has a default setting for Audio which is True HD Audio. My Yamaha is only 6.1 surround sound and isn't HD. So it can't handle the audio properly. Making it 2 channels. I changed it to DTS and it works great.

Just needed some settings changed and re installation of drivers and everything worked out.

I think the Bourne Ultimatum has web content that loads at the beginning upon insertion of the disk, that is probably why it wasn't loading right away. It takes a while to load the web content depending on your internet connection and firewall settings. I just hit cancel and it finishes loading the movie in like 2 seconds.

I gave it about 30 minutes. It still hadn't loaded. I've got 10mb DSL and it's receiving through 54G wireless with a strong signal. So it shouldn't take THAT long. I usually get about 700kb download speeds on that machine. Oh well. I could care less about the web content. The movie is what matters.

In PowerDVD try pressing Enter while it's sitting there. I had the same issue with Transformers, found out it was trying to load the web content and pressing Enter skips it.

Back