Xbox: We Wouldn't Trade Places With Anyone

HardOCP News

[H] News
I have to admit, I laughed when I read the part about Xbox execs being like politicians. ;)

Speaking to Xbox executives is akin to interviewing politicians. They are highly media trained, capable of spinning every answer into delivering their desired message. The senior staff at Microsoft have all studied that detailed PR dossier, to make sure they are all reading from the same hymn sheet.

An executive wouldn't be worth much if he was not media trained, now would he? We make fun of CEO's who ARE NOT media trained all the time, now we make fun of those who are?

From the article: "As a business, the minute we don’t listen to our customers attentively, and adapt and react in an appropriate way, then we would be in a dangerous place"

*points to Windows 8*

Why doesn't the Windows crew get this? Are they that compartmentalized? Just curious, I don't know much about MS except I always seem to find reasons not to buy their stock when it's time to look at new options.

An executive wouldn't be worth much if he was not media trained, now would he? We make fun of CEO's who ARE NOT media trained all the time, now we make fun of those who are?

Eh... I think the ones we make fun of, are media trained but still fail horribly.

If they're so media savvy and skilled at PR,then why has the whole Xbox One campaign been one blunder after another??

You typically don't get to be that high in buisness without having a refined ability to bs people no matter what the situation is.

I honestly do not think the Xbox One is a Blunder. They had a bad idea at first and they changed it after consumer reaction. That is a whole heck of a lot better than many other companies.

If they're so media savvy and skilled at PR,then why has the whole Xbox One campaign been one blunder after another??
Because the rabid fanboi nerds were ready to skewer Microsoft regardless of what they did. The same idiotic members post the same factually incorrect rants in every thread. Is been a few months since the XB1 has been released and half of the world hasn't bothered to learn how the kinect, cloud computing, and every other feature they bitch and moan about will even work. It's been the same for every release.

Because the rabid fanboi nerds were ready to skewer Microsoft regardless of what they did. The same idiotic members post the same factually incorrect rants in every thread. Is been a few months since the XB1 has been released and half of the world hasn't bothered to learn how the kinect, cloud computing, and every other feature they bitch and moan about will even work. It's been the same for every release.

QFT

Back