Xbox vs Ps3 wars

BlckRaven

Limp Gawd
I am glad to see I am not the only one who is fed up with the total lack of respect shown by both Nvidia, Sony, and MS regarding console specs.

It seems that this is the trend now. Inflate your specs, show bullshit rendered video and expect Jo six pack consumer who have zero clue about hardware and win them over with dreams, promises and so on.

Now as of late, even I and for most of of editors, I also see most of my fellow [H]ardcore gamers confused as hell.

when you have people giving their own specs, or what they make of it.
http://www.majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox-360-vs-ps3-part-4-of-4/#comment-4398

I see a huge E penis/flame war starting. my console is better than yours. I am so sick of this.

I just want to play burnout 3 , wipeout ( please make a new version on ps3) and some cool games. I dont give 2 shit who is faster.

Btw, how much will these consoles cost ?? I mean they are all claiming HD, yet I see the 360 w no HD drive.

The Ps3 has support for 1920x rez wtf.. who has this type of plasma screen ??
The only tv on the market with that rez is the super xpansive sharp Lcd.

So this whole 1920 biz is pretty much overated. who the hell can afford tv that has 1080p full rez ? are there even plasma tvs w this rez ??

Don't know, don't care, not spending money on either until and unless they have some really good games out, and those games don't end up showing up on PC. Then I'll think about it.

Xbox just almost managed to finally reel me in, but then it turned out Fable was going to show up on PC after all. Bugger them.

I'll get both since both have something really good going for them. Why limit yourself? I'm really looking forward to Ghost Recon 3 on X360 and Killzone 2 on PS3. Though I've seen a lot of rumors about the Killzone 2 movie being pre-rendered, I am still optimistic about the PS3 being able to run this sort of game. Maybe now I can see what my HDTV can really do.

I refues to cooperate since the revolution is not mentions...

(That little black box will be on my media center)

Those bandwidth scores are some total BS.

MS and company says that Sony overpromises but MS damage control is inflating their numbers as much or more than Sony.

Both Microsoft and Sony are bluffing about their specs, but at least Microsoft is actually showing videogames...not movies.

People will buy the xbox 360 if: 1) They play nothing but halo (sadly, this is a lot of people)
2) They want the latest and greatest
3) They plan on getting all the systems eventually
4) They don't hate microsoft

People will buy the ps3 if: 1) They want to wait so they might compare the two
2) Notice Ps3 has exclusives that sway their choice
3) They want the fastest system
4) They hate microsoft

People will buy the Rev. if 1) They love Nintendo current games
2) They don't mess with emulators
3) They refuse to pay 400 dollars for a game system
4) They hate microsoft and sony

I personally want a revolution, mostly because the sensor cuff technology could really be interesting in nintendo games if they use it right.

People are really susceptible to planned hype. Proof... the xbox vs PS3 poll on this forum.

You're pretty accurate though

Reasons I'm not interesting in the 360

It's Microsoft
It looks rushed and unplanned to me
Microsoft has never been one for inovation
It's Microsoft

I will definitely be buying the PS3 and probably the revolution somewhere down the line.

XBOX 360 Prices Leaked

Earlier today, XGP Gaming received word that the price(s) for the XBOX 360 were 'leaked' around the net. As we expected, there will be two 'versions' of the XBOX 360 available for purchase. Start saving now!

The first package consists of the basic console, one controller, cables, etc. and is set to sell for $299.99(US).

The second version contains the 360 controller(s?), remote and the HDD loaded with extra content. There's no word yet on whether or not this package may include the camera. The price for this package is...wait for it...$360(US).

http://joystiq.com/entry/1234000390042885/

i find it funny how everyone finds the ps3 so much faster then the 360 please humor me on how its the end all system.there pretty much even give or take a lil in differnt areas now shut up people.

trickedoutwizard said:
People will buy the xbox 360 if: 1) They play nothing but halo (sadly, this is a lot of people)
2) They want the latest and greatest
3) They plan on getting all the systems eventually
4) They don't hate microsoft

People will buy the ps3 if: 1) They want to wait so they might compare the two
2) Notice Ps3 has exclusives that sway their choice
3) They want the fastest system
4) They hate microsoft

People will buy the Rev. if 1) They love Nintendo current games
2) They don't mess with emulators
3) They refuse to pay 400 dollars for a game system
4) They hate microsoft and sony

I personally want a revolution, mostly because the sensor cuff technology could really be interesting in nintendo games if they use it right.

LOL, Im not buying an X360 for any of those reasons, Im buying one because Sony games always suck, and seeing the list of new games, theres nothing really to sway my choice

Hate_Bot said:
LOL, Im not buying an X360 for any of those reasons, Im buying one because Sony games always suck, and seeing the list of new games, theres nothing really to sway my choice
i feel the same the only titles that ever caught the littlest of my attention was GTA and FF but ive hated every FF since 7 so i dont care anymore unless they make a remake.anyway didnt ms pay rockstar to switch to 360?probably some !!!!!! spouting off rumors.ill stick to my halo mechassault ut2k7 and gears of war. and the occasional excellent fps like farcry that comes from nowhere that ps2 usually doesnt get

lesman said:
Microsoft officially announced that every Xbox360 will ship standard with a hard drive...it's the HD size and preloaded content that will make for the price difference...but every Xbox360 will ship standard with a HD.

Nice

the 8 gigs on current HDDs were more then enough for me

I'm waiting. I just built a comp and don't have the cash to get one. Plus I'll buy based on games. I think the specs will be alot closer than it was with the Xbox ans PS2. It will come down to features and stuff like HDR or shading that will make the two different graphically. I liked the xbox games because I don't like RPGs, but I'm still waiting for nitendo to drop hardware and start making games. Me and my friends still play N64 and Super smash bros at xbox lans. When they hit $200 I'll think about it.

We will just have to see what the performance is of the final products and judge from that. The Xbox will come in 6 months, the PS3 will come to Japan in a year.

I still don't understand why people can't see that all three systems are going to be exceptional consoles. All three are going to have great exclusive titles. To be honest; if I had the resources I would buy all three in a heartbeat.

However since most of us don't have the resources to buy all three we have to make one choice as to which console we will buy. I know its part of the human condition to believe that whatever singular choice you make is the supreme choice; some of you need to realize that all three of these systems will be great.

-YEGIL

Back