Xbox to PC mod video (found on youtube)

Looks great, wonder how many hours he put into it? The music was awesome.

I was going to post this when it hit the blogosphere last week but forgot. Truly epic build.

great work all the way around! dunno about that apple piece that replaced the Xbox sign. lol

Wow, impressed by the modding and video skills. I wish I had his workspace and that sheet metal bender he's using :p

does anyone know what he did at 8:16 to the sata cable to add and set the connectors like that?

Case manufacturers should take notice and hire these guys as interns to learn a thing a too about case designing. So many awesome mods that can be turned into products that the public would be interested in...

What a sweet fricken mod! Plus his video camera skills are so sick... I'm actually a little more interested in how he achieved his video! Pretty snazzy tricks

Awesome video. If you pull up the myspace page for E-603 (he did the music), there is a link to download his album Torn Up. There is no charge for the album, but he requets you pay what you want for it.

I picked it up and really like it.

wow, did he cut up and destroy a real developers xbox for this? jeez

Last edited:
wow, did he cut up and destroy a real developers xbox for this? jeez

i was thinking the same thing lol

nice workmanship tho... god i would kill for a shop like that

i was thinking the same thing lol

nice workmanship tho... god i would kill for a shop like that

I bet it was probably a stock xbox in a aftermarket case. At least I hope so. I had one that looked just like that.
Come to think of it there were first party LE xboxs sold that looked like that too.

EDIT: Went back and checked video again...ya Im pretty sure he murdered a dev box.

Awesome video. If you pull up the myspace page for E-603 (he did the music), there is a link to download his album Torn Up. There is no charge for the album, but he requets you pay what you want for it.

I picked it up and really like it.

Thanks for tip, downloading it now. Its definitely worth throwing the guy a couple bucks.

Very neat and time consuming but the end result is really worth it imo... mins the apple thing at the end.

Saw this video a week or so ago and the craftsmanship is absolutely amazing. I wish I had that talent. :p

Where can you buy the parts he used like the aluminum sheets and the bolts and screws for all the metal work? I'm sure there are places on the net to get that stuff but I can't find anything.

Where can you buy the parts he used like the aluminum sheets and the bolts and screws for all the metal work? I'm sure there are places on the net to get that stuff but I can't find anything.

Buy that stuff local. Serious

Wow, what a waste of a good rare piece of equipment just to build it into a crappy Hackintosh.
Should have just found an old Xbox somewhere and destroyed that instead.

I can not watch the video again here at work but i remember at one point he plugs in a black device on the inside of the computer, it did not have any inputs or outputs, just pluged in to the MB, does any one here know what that was ??

Thanks

Wow, what a waste of a good rare piece of equipment just to build it into a crappy Hackintosh.
Should have just found an old Xbox somewhere and destroyed that instead.

From listening to his behind the scenes dealio, he doesn't (or didn't) know it was a rare xbox, he found it at a tech recycling center for cheap.

I can not watch the video again here at work but i remember at one point he plugs in a black device on the inside of the computer, it did not have any inputs or outputs, just pluged in to the MB, does any one here know what that was ??

Thanks

It's an EFI-X that he plugged directly into a Front USB header, then booted off of it like a normal HDD. It loaded up a bootloader which he could choose the OS he wanted to.

Back