Xbox through router not working?

CarpetHair

Limp Gawd
I have a Linksys Wirless G router, a laptop with a wireless adapter and a desktop pc connected to port 1 of the router with a cat 5. Why the hell does my Xbox not connect? All I'm doing is running another cat 5 to my xbox and it won't work. All the lights on the router are correct, it see's the Xbox. What do I have to do?

Umm... maybe your router is blocking it? Try checking your router config if the xbox is getting an IP then put that IP as the DMZ.

Worth a shot :eek:

Thanks but no go. Only way the xbox will connect is straight from the modem. Oh well.

Define won't connect.

Wont connect to live period?
Wont connect to an active game?

Is it getting an IP address?

Originally posted by batkiwi
Define won't connect.

Wont connect to live period?
Wont connect to an active game?

Is it getting an IP address?

It won't connect to Live. If I click on the Help button in the network settings it passes all the tests, gets an IP, all of it, but then says it couldn't connect to Live. I don't see why it just doesn't work. I can plug anything else into that router and I have net access.

Originally posted by Zwitterion
Do you have to forward any ports? Sounds like its blocking some incoming request.

I don't know about forwarding ports. I've looked all through the different options in my router setup stuff looking for some kind of option or whatever that might be blocking the connection, but I don't really know what I'm looking at for the most part.

Back