Xbox series X

Facebook Marketplace near my zipcode has new series x going for 600$ worth a look for you guys trying to nab one. 100 over msrp ain't that bad.

It's only $30 for tax where I live. Doesn't matter, since I will never encourage the practice of scalping no matter how "good" of a deal it may seem.
Yeah and not to mention a new Xbox is something that is not worth paying scalped prices for... like if water was scarce then yeah... but a Xbox... just fucking wait.

Apparently my console corrupted the data on my external drive and I needed to reformat it. 10TB of games I had archived now have to be redownloaded. Good thing I have unlimited bandwidth.
Why do you need to have all your games installed if you have unlimited bandwidth?

Picked one up earlier this week. Wasn't planning on it, but once I actually thought about it it makes a little bit of sense since I was going to be keep my Xbox One as well. So the kids can play on them at the same time in different rooms. I can dabble on it. We can play some of the non-split screen capable games together. Once I get around to activating Gamepass $1 trial conversion will be able to also get most those games on PC as well. I'll admit, I rather wanted a PS5 because of exclusives that won't be available on PC. Hopefully I'll get more use out of the new one than the Xbox One though and all shall be good. Have only played a bit of Halo MCC but it does seem to look good and feel good. Took a while to figure out how to get the TV to allow 4k 120Hz but that was a me issue not setting the HDMI port to the right setting.

I was finally able to get a Series X two weeks ago! I woke up and just decided to go on Target's website and do a search. To my surprise the closest store to me had 4 in stock, so I immediately purchased one. Right now I've mainly been playing Flight Simulator, but I have several games on my Xbox One X (some that I haven't even played yet), that have been optimized for Series X. I definitely need to start playing them now, before Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite come out in the next few months.

Starting today, Xbox Insider Program participants can download a firmware update for Xbox One, Xbox Elite Series 2, and Xbox Adaptive controllers...the update adds support for Dynamic Latency Input as well as Bluetooth Low Energy, which should make connecting the controllers to something other than an Xbox (PCs, iOS, and Android devices) more seamless...

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/09...pdate-rolling-out-to-insiders-starting-today/

I got my series X back in november. Costco.com It was that easy. No rush. No bots. Just ordered and it was delivered. A couple months later(January) a friend said he wanted one so I kept an eye out. Took a week and they were back at costco.com and I ordered him one. Both were bundles with an extra controller for $529 I believe.
Seems like no one knows about costco!

GameStop and Walmart have them in stock if you do All Access to order one.

A new firmware update for controllers going out to insiders allows the controller to remember one Bluetooth device in addition to the Xbox console it is paired with. This allows you to quickly switch between the console and other device, like your PC or smartphone, by double-clicking the pairing button at the top of the controller.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/09...pdate-rolling-out-to-insiders-starting-today/

I got my series X back in november. Costco.com It was that easy. No rush. No bots. Just ordered and it was delivered. A couple months later(January) a friend said he wanted one so I kept an eye out. Took a week and they were back at costco.com and I ordered him one. Both were bundles with an extra controller for $529 I believe.
Seems like no one knows about costco!
If it is member only like on Costco.ca that would make it hard for bot farm type (if they have to create a costco member, pay for the membership and so on for each bot)

There are over 7 million games coming out? Damn...

I should have specified Series X. The S is apparently abundantly available, the X is pretty rare, the only update I seen this year was one E-tailer who got 200 series X which they were going to do a lottery for who got to buy them. Sales nr's are for the combined total so that does not say much.

I should have specified Series X. The S is apparently abundantly available, the X is pretty rare, the only update I seen this year was one E-tailer who got 200 series X which they were going to do a lottery for who got to buy them. Sales nr's are for the combined total so that does not say much.

The issue is the resellers are sitting on the X right now and willing to wait it out when people keep paying close to double MSRP for them. Ones that have Game Pass Ultimate pre-installed through all access are available if you don't mind paying almost full price for 2 years of Game Pass. It's still cheaper than paying the markup a lot of resellers are charging.

What's everyone's opinion on a good headset for the xsx? Thinking about ordering the SteelSeries 7x since it looks like it would also work on my ps5 and seems to be reviewing super well.

I'm working out of town now so my headset will be my only source of sound.

In for one Mini-Fridge! lol

poc7k9d4veu71.jpg

What's everyone's opinion on a good headset for the xsx? Thinking about ordering the SteelSeries 7x since it looks like it would also work on my ps5 and seems to be reviewing super well.

I'm working out of town now so my headset will be my only source of sound.
Yeah, the Steeleseries are pretty much the go-to headset right now. Doesn't seem like you can be wrong with them at least. The only thing I don't like about them is that they're still on micro-USB instead of USB C.

Yeah, the Steeleseries are pretty much the go-to headset right now. Doesn't seem like you can be wrong with them at least. The only thing I don't like about them is that they're still on micro-USB instead of USB C.
Ya, I actually ended up ordering the 7x I mentioned and so far it's great. It does work on my xsx and ps5 but there is a little toggle you have to change depending on the system it's plugged into.

My biggest complaint about it is the dongle is usb-c and when you plug it directly into the ps5 front usb-c port it completely coveres the usb-a port beside it. To use it on the xsx or another usb-a port you need to use the included usb-c to usb-a adapter and it makes it look weird and ugly having that just dangle off your system.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/10/21/new-seagate-storage-expansion-cards/

512GB $139.99
2TB $399.99

Series X $499.99
Series S $299.99

Might as well just buy a 2nd console

This is the same crap they pulled with the 360's hard drive, wait until they change things with an updated console and we have to buy a special cable to copy over the data. Sony continues to get the built in storage correct and Microsoft just does their own thing. Wonder how much Seagate shelled out for the exclusive?

512GB $139.99
2TB $399.99

Series X $499.99
Series S $299.99

Hilarious, and you can bet prices won't drop for the foreseeable future either. Unlike other faster commercially available SSDs that you can put in the PS5.

This is the same crap they pulled with the 360's hard drive, wait until they change things with an updated console and we have to buy a special cable to copy over the data. Sony continues to get the built in storage correct and Microsoft just does their own thing. Wonder how much Seagate shelled out for the exclusive?

At least with the 360 drives, you could easily hack the equivalent 120GB WD drive at the time with the compatible firmware, which is what I did to upgrade my base 20GB drive. I haven't seen any alternative like that other than this awkward and unvetted solution.

It's at least not much more expensive than an equivalent performing PCI-E 4.0 SSD. The 120GB drive for the 360 was a 2.5" 5400 RPM drive that cost twice as much as a similar standalone drive when it came out.

This is not really fair. Think about this for a second... Microsoft has ACTUALLY gone through the trouble of developing ACTUAL next-gen features that justify the price of the proprietary memory expansion slot thing... what they call their "Velocity Architecture." Also you don't HAVE to buy the expansion card for the Series X... ONLY if you want the same features as the internal storage... you can still use an external SSD or HDD of virtually any kind to play games from. Also don't forget that with the PS5... PS5 games can only be played from the internal SSD. ALL Xbox games can be played from external storage but again you'd lose out on Quick Resume and maybe 1 or two more things... can't remember right now. I have a Series X and a PS5 and the Series X excels in a LOT of ways the PS5 simply doesn't. Going to run through a quick list off the top of my head...

• On the Series X I have about 6 games that are ALWAYS instantly ready to go and are essentially in "save states." Meaning if I want to jump to any game I am currently playing I can do so instantly without loading from the very beginning, or anything... I simply continue where I left off. The PS5 while it has a fast SSD... can only have one game going at a time, and each time you have to start a game from the very beginning if you want to switch.
  • I can transfer games back and forth from the expansion and internal memory in the background while I continue to play games or anything. With the PS5 I have to stare at a loading screen while the transfers are complete. You can't exit that screen only to cancel the transfer so if you are transferring a couple hundred gigs of games even with the fastest PCI-Express 4.0 SSD it still takes a while to transfer, and frankly even if it was "fast" there should be no reason why in late 2021 that shit couldn't be done in the background.
  • I thought the expansion card for the Series X was expensive until I saw pricing for 4.0 NVME SSDs... they're on-par with price for the most part. Also more manufacturers with different capacities will be coming to support the Series consoles, and I suspect the price will lower sooner than later as the COVID shit settles down and the price of this latest SSD tech comes down in price after wider adoption.

Last edited:
Here in Europe I have yet to find a store that actually sells series X consoles, the accesories and other crap you can find in abundance.
It's the same here in the states where I live. Plenty of accessories but no consoles.

512GB $139.99
2TB $399.99

Series X $499.99
Series S $299.99

Kind of a dumb thing to say that you may as well buy a 2nd console when similar performance SSD storage right now is about the same exact price... and obviously I don't know a single person who NEEDS 2TB of additional storage on top of the Series X's internal 1TB. I have the 1TB Expansion card myself, and that is more than enough storage. Nobody consistently plays 3TB-worth of games on rotation to where you need that many games installed all at once. Shoot... 1TB was probably too much in my case as well, but there was no other option outside of the 1TB since launch. It's always nice to have options and again it isn't required.

3123123.jpg

This is not really fair. Think about this for a second... Microsoft has ACTUALLY gone through the trouble of developing ACTUAL next-gen features that justify the price of the proprietary memory expansion slot thing... what they call their "Velocity Architecture." Also you don't HAVE to buy the expansion card for the Series X... ONLY if you want the same features as the internal storage... you can still use an external SSD or HDD of virtually any kind to play games from. Also don't forget that with the PS5... PS5 games can only be played from the internal SSD. ALL Xbox games can be played from external storage but again you'd lose out on Quick Resume and maybe 1 or two more things... can't remember right now. I have a Series X and a PS5 and the Series X excels in a LOT of ways the PS5 simply doesn't. Going to run through a quick list off the top of my head...

PS5 has a 2nd m.2 slot so you can install another internal SSD to play games off of, I would have loved it if Microsoft did the same. Of course the Xbox excels in a lot of areas, but this is the one area they are sorely lacking in and have been so since the 360.

• On the Series X I have about 6 games that are ALWAYS instantly ready to go and are essentially in "save states." Meaning if I want to jump to any game I am currently playing I can do so instantly without loading from the very beginning, or anything... I simply continue where I left off. The PS5 while it has a fast SSD... can only have one game going at a time, and each time you have to start a game from the very beginning if you want to switch.
  • I can transfer games back and forth from the expansion and internal memory in the background while I continue to play games or anything. With the PS5 I have to stare at a loading screen while the transfers are complete. You can't exit that screen only to cancel the transfer so if you are transferring a couple hundred gigs of games even with the fastest PCI-Express 4.0 SSD it still takes a while to transfer, and frankly even if it was "fast" there should be no reason why in late 2021 that shit couldn't be done in the background.
  • I thought the expansion card for the Series X was expensive until I saw pricing for 4.0 NVME SSDs... they're on-par with price for the most part. Also more manufacturers with different capacities will be coming to support the Series consoles, and I suspect the price will lower sooner than later as the COVID shit settles down and the price of this latest SSD tech comes down in price after wider adoption.

The Seagate expansion card is expensive but it's not like it performs like an PCI-E 4.0 SSD either. It doesn't even perform like other CFExpress devices.

https://www.storagereview.com/review/seagate-storage-expansion-card-for-xbox-series-xs-review

Compared to something like Samsung 980 Pro which you can just pop in your PS5. If it had similar numbers, then they'd be justifying the price.

https://www.storagereview.com/review/samsung-980-pro-pcie-4-0-nvme-ssd-review

Back