Xbox series X

I ended up ordering one of these last night. My tv has hdmi 2.1 with earc but my receiver only has 2.0 and the old version of arc. Been having some audio syncing issues with the Xbox and ps5 since they are connected directly to my tv and I'm using arc to pump the audio to my receiver. Should have it by the end of the month.

https://thenaudio.com/product/sharc-earc-audio-converter/

I ended up ordering one of these last night. My tv has hdmi 2.1 with earc but my receiver only has 2.0 and the old version of arc. Been having some audio syncing issues with the Xbox and ps5 since they are connected directly to my tv and I'm using arc to pump the audio to my receiver. Should have it by the end of the month.

https://thenaudio.com/product/sharc-earc-audio-converter/
That's the one major disappointment I have with the consoles, only 1 HDMI out. My UHD Blu Ray has two, because there they realize that some people don't want to constantly upgrade AV Receivers.

I'm using a WD 4TB HDD. So far i have 40 games installed on it and have 2.4TB free
In your experience the mechanical drive is fast enough for last gen content? Is there a benefit at all to external ssd drives?

Any feedback for those that have both the Elite 2 controller and the new Xbox controller? Thinking about returning the Elite 2.

In your experience the mechanical drive is fast enough for last gen content? Is there a benefit at all to external ssd drives?
It works fine for last Gen games. An external SSD would improve load times of older games but honestly a high volume drive is much better as you will run out of storage quick.

So far i have only 2TB left on my external and only 400GB left on the internal as remember next gen games can't be played off external drives.

This thing JUST fits in my entertainment stand, to the point that the rubber feet are slightly compressed to screeze it in, had to take the led lights off to get it to fit. Built a small shroud so that the heat exhausts out the front and I have a 140mm fan in the back feeding fresh air to the intake, so far it's working great on both the ps5 and xsx for temps.

20201116_213923.jpg

Last edited:
This thing JUST fits in my entertainment stand, to the point that the rubber feet are slightly compressed to screeze it in, had to take the led lights off to get it to fit. Built a small shroud so that the heat exhausts out the front and I have a 140mm fan in the back feeding fresh air to the intake, so far it's working great on both the ps5 and xsx for temps.

View attachment 300118

So sick, awesome setup man!

My monitor confuses me. I have a LG 32GK650F-B which is a 144hz 1440p monitor and I can't get anything above 60hz on any of the HDMI 2.0 inputs on the monitor regardless of the resolution I put the Series X in. I have my PC plugged into DisplayPort and I get the full 144hz obviously, but neither HDMI port gets me anything to show up on the Series X settings... only thing is that I do get is the Variable Refresh Rate. If I use a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter maybe that would work? I'd hate to do that though because then I need to get a switcher since my PC uses DisplayPort too.

Monitor: https://www.lg.com/ph/monitors/lg-32gk650f-b

Last edited:
My monitor confuses me. I have a LG 32GK650F-B which is a 144hz 1440p monitor and I can't get anything above 60hz on any of the HDMI 2.0 inputs on the monitor regardless of the resolution I put the Series X in. I have my PC plugged into DisplayPort and I get the full 144hz obviously, but neither HDMI port gets me anything to show up on the Series X settings... only thing is that I do get is the Variable Refresh Rate. If I use a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter maybe that would work? I'd hate to do that though because then I need to get a switcher since my PC uses DisplayPort too.

Monitor: https://www.lg.com/ph/monitors/lg-32gk650f-b
Looks like a built in issue with your specific monitor and doesn't seem like there's a way to fix it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/e080384b-690a-4983-a58e-2dd6eeac6482?page=1

So anybody with an Amazon pre order from September received your xbox ? Or I'm I the only one getting the finger 😭

I order from Costco on release date. Will get deliver tomorrow.

I didn't want to pay extra $22 for faster shipping or probably have receive 2-3 days earlier.

So for those with an xsx already, I cant seem to remote install any games to my xsx at all. Anyone else with this issue?

Edit: renamed my xsx and rebooted it, I can now install games remotely

Last edited:
Just talk to Amazon support apparently my pre-order was not successful and to re-order again when there's nothing available to re-order :cry: :cry:

How does that even work? I'd be pretty irritated.
who the fuck knows my pre-order was from September 22 maybe the order got drop on their system during the pre-order madness but I do have an order # on my account,. Next week is my last shot to get one, is not even for me is my nephew's Christmas present. I do have a PS5 with 3 games and an extra controller unopen, I purchase this for myself ill just give it to him as the last option if I can't land an Xbox for my nephew next week :/

Wait a moment. So RTX on Series X is like using Rtx 2060 and not 3080 rtx?

I manage to get a series s by luck right now
Screenshot_1.jpg

via Microsoft at least is something o_O

Looks like a built in issue with your specific monitor and doesn't seem like there's a way to fix it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/e080384b-690a-4983-a58e-2dd6eeac6482?page=1

The guy who posted there says "However, the xbox allows me to only select 1440p @ 60hz or 1080p @ 120hz."

I don't even get the 1080p 120hz option. I'm assuming it isn't the cable because i'm using the HDMI 2.1 cable that came with the Series X. Should I try a different HDMi cable? I get variable refresh rate but nothing above 60hz on any resolution setting... 720p, 1080p, 1440p, or 4K... I tried turning off VRR and still nothing. I think it's really just the monitor but yet how is the other person in that post getting 1080p @ 120hz! I don't get it...

Last edited:
The guy who posted there says "However, the xbox allows me to only select 1440p @ 60hz or 1080p @ 120hz."

I don't even get the 1080p 120hz option. I'm assuming it isn't the cable because i'm using the HDMI 2.1 cable that came with the Series X. Should I try a different HDMi cable? I get variable refresh rate but nothing above 60hz on any resolution setting... 720p, 1080p, 1440p, or 4K... I tried turning off VRR and still nothing. I think it's really just the monitor but yet how is the other person in that post getting 1080p @ 120hz! I don't get it...
ya thats a really good question that I'm not sure how to answer unfortunately lol, I mean if you have a spare 2.0 cable kicking around give it a try but I'm leaning more towards it being a monitor issue.

Hey guys. Which is better rtx 3080 or xbox series x ,in games? ( using rtx )

Hey guys. Which is better rtx 3080 or xbox series x ,in games? ( using rtx )
There is not much example yet, but it seem with RTX on a 2060 super is a bit better than the XBox Series X in games right now, it could change over time, but the RTX 3080 is an different tier, that card consume alone more watts than the complete Xbox and cost much more than the complete XBox.

There is not much example yet, but it seem with RTX on a 2060 super is a bit better than the XBox Series X in games right now, it could change over time, but the RTX 3080 is an different tier, that card consume alone more watts than the complete Xbox and cost much more than the complete XBox.

With the recent comparisons between cross-platform titles and confirmations regarding the Series X's development kit's infancy there is still a lot of time that is needed to really crank out everything the Series X is capable of. On paper the specifications are just incredible and it will last for years to come. Sucks that there's nothing really great to play at the moment imo but it will come with time.

Managed to grab one of these from Wal-Mart yesterday. More interested in its Blu-Ray playback capabilities at this point. I'm in the Sonos ecosystem and it looks like the Series X can transcode DTS to Dolby on the fly. Big deal for me since Sonos stubbornly refuses to support DTS. Plus Dolby Vision support.

I held off on buying a UHD player for a long time in anticipation of the PS5 being my all in one device. Managed to grab a disc edition of that but it's pretty lackluster in this regard (at least right now). I guess at least I'll be set now for any future console exclusives on either platform :)

On paper the specifications are just incredible
You mean for a 150-190w machine at that price point

Because the specs on paper are what an underpowered 3700x with 75% of an radeon 6800 ?

Considering that you get all that for not much more than 75% of the cost on an 6800 (.75 * $580 = $435), it is extraordinary and would be impossible if they were not closed system the sellers monetize after the sales in many ways and would have been incredible in absolute term 2017, but in 2021 will it be better than a 3300x with a 3600ti or 6700xt ? If not do we class that has incredible ?

Last edited:
You mean for a 150-190w machine at that price point

Because the specs on paper or what an underpowered 3700x with a 75% of an radeon 6800 ?

Considering that you get all that for not much more than 75% of the cost on an 6800 (.75 * $580 = $435), it is extraordinary and would be impossible if they were not closed system the sellers monetize after the sales in many ways and would have been incredible in absolute term 2017, but in 2021 will it be better than a 3300x with a 3600ti or 6700xt ? If not do we class that has incredible ?

Yes of course I mean for the price point. Also I will point out the Series X ships with a 315W power supply.

Also: "In a game like Gears 5 that's built to scale, the increased load on the system is much higher and I noted power draw routinely over 200W and peaking at 211W. This is a good result for a launch title and I suspect that as the generation matures, we'll see utilisation of the system increase - and more of the capacity of the 315W power supply may well be required. However, in the here and now with Gears 5, we have a great test case for analysing thermals, so I found a scene that kept the console drawing north of 200W..."

"...in a like-for-like cutscene test at 4K30 in Rise of the Tomb Raider, Series X is clearly more efficient than Xbox One X, as you would expect. However, Dead or Alive 6 is the revelation: it's delivering up to double the performance and it still draws less power than the older console. Impressive stuff.

I think there's one further takeaway here, which is that Xbox Series X at its heaviest load is delivering performance that has been likened to an RTX 2080 and it's doing that with the additional overhead of the Zen 2 CPU cluster at a maximum load of just 211W based on the titles we have available to look at so far."

Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-series-x-power-consumption-and-heat-analysis

That's fucking insane... I have no bias for platform except for FPS games on PC because KB+M > Controller for FPS games but I have played Gears 5 and some optimized games on my Series X and I am stunned at the absolute insane graphical prowess with the amount of power being used here compared to my 2080ti and i7-8700 gaming PC.

This comment from that euro gamer article sums it up:

"$499 for a console with powerful CPU, fast nvme drive, 4k blu-ray drive and 2080 level GPU and, just to cap it off, an over-engineered (such a reassuring phrase) cooling system? And in a chassis that size? And total system draw is less than a decent graphics card? Amazing really."

Last edited:
Reactions: T4rd
like this
Gears 5 and some optimized games on my Series X and I am stunned at the absolute insane graphical prowess with the amount of power being used here compared to my 2080ti and i7-8700 gaming PC.
Is this that type of game license that let you play on the PC as well ? Did you try Gears 5, I am curious how much faster the loading are on the console (because seeing on PC how fast it stop to help game loads to have faster drive, I would imagine that there a lot of possible improvements)

Is this that type of game license that let you play on the PC as well ? Did you try Gears 5, I am curious how much faster the loading are on the console (because seeing on PC how fast it stop to help game loads to have faster drive, I would imagine that there a lot of possible improvements)

I have Game Pass Ultimate so I can play both the Xbox and PC version of Gears 5 but I haven't played it enough to tell you the different. I haven't played the PC version, and the Xbox version I only played the first couple minutes of. I played enough to wow at the graphics and that's about it. Loading times on other games that aren't even optimized for the new system are insane. Division 2 was the biggest shock to me because I play that with my wife and friends and loading into the game and fast traveling times are insanely fast now. Fast traveling used to take 30 seconds to a minute if not longer on the One X and now is about 3 seconds on Series X. I took videos with my phone of Division 2 loading on our One X and the Series X and the difference is literally game-changing. And the fact that Division 2 isn't even optimized for Series X is even more impressive.

Saw a couple videos online of loading times on Witcher 3 being equally impressive.

Man I forgot just how well the Xbox ecosystem works. Was going over timesheets last night and wanted to check something on the pc Xbox app and noticed my friends playing in a party and was surprised I could just "join" as if I was on my xbox. It's a silly thing but after being so deep in the PS4 I forgot how mature the Xbox live system really is lol.

Now that I've figured out the issues I've been having with remote installs to my xsx the limited storage isn't an issue to me. It's so seemless to uninstall and reinstall any game before I leave work and it's ready in less than an hour every time (hurray for fiber and no data caps). Not to say the ps5 doesn't have some of these features but Xbox has just made it so easy, started the download for Jedi fallen order and it was good to go in 40 minutes lol

First Series X November Dashboard/UI update is rolling out to users now. Bringing along with it like 6 dynamic themes/backgrounds which are pretty cool and a thing that pops up around where the quick resume pops up that states if a game is using "AUTO HDR".

No mention of performance updates from M$ but multiple users are reporting that Quick Resume is working much better now after this update.

I need to spend more quality time figuring out how to customize the Series X UI. I do prefer the PS5 UI much more currently, or at least maybe it was immediately more intuitive to me. Not saying one is better than the other globally, I just need to figure out how to make the Series X work for me. It reminds me of the Windows 10 start menu charms (which I detest) and I donno, everything seems hard to find or not where I'd expect it on Xbox.

I need to spend more quality time figuring out how to customize the Series X UI. I do prefer the PS5 UI much more currently, or at least maybe it was immediately more intuitive to me. Not saying one is better than the other globally, I just need to figure out how to make the Series X work for me. It reminds me of the Windows 10 start menu charms (which I detest) and I donno, everything seems hard to find or not where I'd expect it on Xbox.

To me, both are mehhhh at best. Too much bullshit on either but I’ve figured both out pretty easily. Doesn’t make it less annoying though so I know what you mean.

First Series X November Dashboard/UI update is rolling out to users now. Bringing along with it like 6 dynamic themes/backgrounds which are pretty cool and a thing that pops up around where the quick resume pops up that states if a game is using "AUTO HDR".

No mention of performance updates from M$ but multiple users are reporting that Quick Resume is working much better now after this update.

I experienced Quick Resume for the first time the other day. I haven't yet seen it work on a single title, but I bought Assassin's Creed Origins on the Black Friday sale digital on the Store for $12 and I went to play it... turned the system off after trying it for half an hour and then a couple days later came back to it and it started right back where I left it and said "Quick Resume" on the top right. Really impressive.

Back