Xbox series X

I think I’m gonna cancel my Amazon order. Now that want me to authorize/validate or they’ll cancel if I don’t respond by Dec 10... I don’t take kindly to that e-mail. Should have weathered the Microsoft store shenanigans.

Pushing me to get a 6800XT instead and wait a year for Series X.

Best Buy said they shipped mine for delivery today, but there’s no tracking info and nothing showed up. 🤔

Ordered an OLED from Costco back when their sale started at the end of October, and that has also disappeared into freight-shipping world.

Hopefully either/both actually arrive at some point. 🙏

Nice guys!! Still patiently waiting on mine to arrive today!

Was just about to post if any of you received yours yet! almost 3pm here in Los Angeles, no UPS guy yet. But they tend to run late here for some reason.

----

Side note, any of you upgrade to 2020 LEDs\OLED's with HDMI 2.1 \ VRR and what not to fully take advantage of these beasts??
Yes I have a C9 that I bought this year that takes advantage of all the features.

I bought a 65" PQX over the summer that I think is missing HDMI 2.1 but I'm very happy with it.

Update on Costco orders, mine still hasn't arrived and a coworker had his arrive around noon today. Hopeful it arrives tomorrow.

Got mine yesterday (surprisingly on time here in Western Australia), getting it all updated and a bunch of games downloaded before it gets boxed back up for Christmas. I'll likely take it out once or twice just to pick up any other updates between now and Christmas, but hopefully the majority of the downloads will be done today.

GamePass is fantastic, totally worth picking up 3YR of cheap Live Gold and converting to Ulimate for $1. I've been using it on the PC pretty much since the day it went beta, but didn't realise just how many more games there are available on XBox. Looks really good with my 65" LG CX OLED, 4K/120Hz/VRR/HDR/etc... all worked straight away with zero issues as well.

825ACFEA-C27C-4D71-8056-16B3D5681C1C.jpeg

Not done with the setup at my shop but mine arrived a few hours ago! Matched up with the 2020 Sony x900H with 120hz panel with hdmi 2.1 and all that.

Amazing machine! Now we wait for the PS5 arriving on Thursday

This thing is such a piece of shit. Setting 4K/120 to my 48CX results in "no signal" and I have to kick it down to 4K/60 Hz, every single game disc I put in requires a 60+ GB download, Assassins Creed Valhalla after spending all night downloading even though I bought a disc, is permanently stuck on "Checking for add-ons" on the loading screen. 12+ hours and I haven't been able to play a single game. I also queue up other games to download and the downloads just stop.

It's like they don't even test shit anymore. Hopefully my PS5 coming in is better than this garbage.

This thing is such a piece of shit. Setting 4K/120 to my 48CX results in "no signal" and I have to kick it down to 4K/60 Hz, every single game disc I put in requires a 60+ GB download, Assassins Creed Valhalla after spending all night downloading even though I bought a disc, is permanently stuck on "Checking for add-ons" on the loading screen. 12+ hours and I haven't been able to play a single game. I also queue up other games to download and the downloads just stop.

It's like they don't even test shit anymore. Hopefully my PS5 coming in is better than this garbage.
Any chance you are running through a HDMI 2.1 receiver?

Anyone try the new controllers out on a PC via the MS wireless adapter? I'm pretty certain they should work, but want to make sure before I actually buy one.

Slow your roll buddy. Every console has growing pains. Microsoft has been made aware of some of these issues, but idk why you're lashing out at the Xbox when it is possible it's not the Xbox itself that is giving you problems.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/221c9d7f-dc91-4067-ba81-33ab671179b5?auth=1

4K/120hz
  • Known Issue: If you are using a 4K@120Hz TV that also supports VRR you might encounter no signal or corrupted image when the Xbox is configured for 4K120+VRR. This issue occurs with various TVs from LG, Samsung, or Vizio.
  • Workaround:
    • Update to the latest firmware on your TV
    • If the issue still persists, also consider trying the following:
      • Configure the console for 4K/60 with VRR by going to Setting> General> TV & display options> Video Modes> check the box for Allow variable refresh rate.
      • Configure the console for 4k/120 with no VRR by going to Setting> General> TV & display options> Video Modes> uncheck the box for Allow variable refresh rate. The resolution and refresh rates are found under “Display” in TV & Display options.
      • If you wish to experience 120hz and VRR, please configure for 1080p/120hz VRR or 1440p/120hz VRR by Setting> General> TV & display options> Video Modes> check the box for Allow variable refresh rate. The resolution and refresh rates are found under “Display” in TV & Display options.
    • If you are experiencing a corrupted image, here are your workarounds to reverting back to a safe video mode:
      • Restart your console and configure your video modes to one of the listed options above.
      • If you're still experiencing a corrupted image after restart, disable VRR on the TV. Please consult your TV manufactures on how to do this.
      • If the issue still persist after steps 1 and 2, perform the video mode reset sequence to get back to a safe state and configure for one of the two options above. To do this, follow the steps on this page here under “Your screen is blank after you turn on the console > Reset your display settings”.

Anyone try the new controllers out on a PC via the MS wireless adapter? I'm pretty certain they should work, but want to make sure before I actually buy one.

I haven't tried this yet, but I am curious now that I think about it. If I try it i'll follow back up.

My 55" LG CX was plug and play on the series x. 4k 120hz with variable refresh. Also Im going with digital only for this generation. I had no issues with download speeds last night. Bought valhalla and I was playing in 30 minutes.

PXL_20201110_231757936.jpg

Same with software also... its the "agile" methodology; basically hurry shit out the door half-baked and make our customers purchase it to beta test and use 🤣

So far HDMI 2.1 is like deja vu for HDMI's original versions. Updates, compatibility issues, and half-implementations all around. After HDMI 2.0 convinced us all that everything is smooth sailing, 2.1 is a soupy mess again.

So far HDMI 2.1 is like deja vu for HDMI's original versions. Updates, compatibility issues, and half-implementations all around. After HDMI 2.0 convinced us all that everything is smooth sailing, 2.1 is a soupy mess again.
What do you expect? These are literally the first HDMI 2.1 devices out there. You think Sony or MS is sending consoles to all the TV manufacturers to make sure their shit works? It is a pain but it will be worked out sooner then later. No reason to lose your shit like Vega.

It's a whole bunch of first gen devices having growing pains. This happens with early adopter tech. HDMI 2.1 is a huge change compared to 2.0 and previous versions and it's still early goings. Early adoption has always been rough with TVs and receivers. 2021 models will be better.

My Costco preorder arrived this evening. Downloaded a few small family games for the kids, and downloading jedi fallen order and horizon 4 overnight. Happy gaming!

I got my Xbox series X Tuesday at Best Buy :)

Attachments

• mancave.jpg
    mancave.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 0
So anyone else having the reported problem? Disk drive not taking disks, one guys started smoking and then randomly shuts off with a nice pop sound?

SeymourGore nope not that one, one guy posted his, said it smoked quickly, then made a "pop" sound. Then it turned on fine and ran for several hours, then pop'd again and rebooted it self and kept going that.

SeymourGore nope not that one, one guy posted his, said it smoked quickly, then made a "pop" sound. Then it turned on fine and ran for several hours, then pop'd again and rebooted it self and kept going that.

I really hate the internet... as soon as something is wrong once then all of a sudden people want to post on social media and then ONE report gets exaggerated as if it's happening to a bunch of people. My Series X is perfectly fine and I guarantee 99.2% of the rest are as well. Considering this is the largest Xbox launch ever I would say things are going well.

I really hate the internet... as soon as something is wrong once then all of a sudden people want to post on social media and then ONE report gets exaggerated as if it's happening to a bunch of people. My Series X is perfectly fine and I guarantee 99.2% of the rest are as well. Considering this is the largest Xbox launch ever I would say things are going well.
Yea sucks for the .2% but it really does get blown up like it is happening to like 50% of all units. I guess also the stigma of RROD still lingers.

Yea sucks for the .2% but it really does get blown up like it is happening to like 50% of all units. I guess also the stigma of RROD still lingers.
That's weird when you think about it because ALL of my Xboxes since the original 360 have been solid as a rock. My original launch 360 failed 2 or 3 times, but the redesigned S and E I had no issue with. The Xbox One was the quietest console I've owned and no issues with it or my One S or One X. Also the PS4 and PS4 Pro I've had have had no issues whereas my launch fat PS3 died on me over a year into having it. So yeah there were failures 2 generations ago but it's hard to believe that people are still holding onto those worries. I think it's just a increase in social media usage since the 360/PS3 days. Everyone has to instantly share with the world their new tech has a defect.

My Series X from Target got delivered yesterday. After redoing my home entertainment center a bit, I am super happy with it. I like the new controller a lot, setup was really slick the the XBox mobile app, tons of GamePass content...

Its a bit of a miracle these things are only $500 for a 8 core Zen 2, 16GB DDR6, 1TB NVME PCIE 4 SSD, RTX/RDNA2 class midrange GPU, extremely quiet... Actually the whole thing performs pretty dang close to my PC which costs... Way more than $500 :eek:

If these XBox Series S|X consoles ran Windows it would easily be the best deal in desktop PCs.

Ok so i just experienced my first issue while playing my Xbox Series X. While playing Call of Duty: Cold War after 2 1/2 Hours the game froze and my system completely shutoff and i had to do a hard reboot to turn it back on. Anyone else have this happen ?

Got my hands on the new controller, which I'll be using on the PC. I really like it. It's tighter and slightly heavier than the Xbox One controller, but it's also a hair smaller. Maybe 5-7% smaller. Both of the grips feel "full" rather than hollow, which the Xbox One controller did. The outside is slightly textured, too. Triggers feel mostly the same, although the bumpers are placed in such a way that they should be as fragile this time. The analog sticks are looser, but they're precise. I tried using them in Tekken, which is a game with shitloads of fast movement you normally need a D-pad for. This controller actually works fine with it. Speaking of the D-pad, it's also really good. No more hitting diagonals by mistake. Placement still makes it uncomfortable for me to use as a primary control scheme, but that's a preference thing. Overall, I like it a lot. It might be the best controller I've ever used for practical purposes. I know it lacks the PS's advanced features, though. Still, I'm a big fan.

Ended up going to a local fred meyer at 3 am to see if there was a lone... people camped out but only 5 so far so I got in line and waited till 6am. Probably 20 people showed up and they had 6 series x and 6 series s... got so lucky to snag the x half the people just left when they realized they only had series s left lol

Ended up going to a local fred meyer at 3 am to see if there was a lone... people camped out but only 5 so far so I got in line and waited till 6am. Probably 20 people showed up and they had 6 series x and 6 series s... got so lucky to snag the x half the people just left when they realized they only had series s left lol
I honestly don't know who would want to buy the S. I think it was a bad move on MS for releasing it.

What are you guys using for external storage? I can tell with GamePass I'm going to be exceeding storage very quickly.

Back