Xbox series X

Managed to get my Xbox X order in at Walmart Canada, bestbuy canada was having serious issues but the french links worked fine as well for people lol. Now the question is do I keep my ps5 or xbox one X preorder, I might try and sell the one I dont

Granted, right now things are especially tough, but preparation helps with buying in-demand items online. Maybe not enough to beat bots, but you'll at least make a fight of it.
Have multiple tabs with multiple retailers open. Have your account setup and payment info already there if possible. Don't be afraid to go obscure. If you're using PayPal, make sure you're already signed in on another tab.
If there's a "one click" buying option - do it.
Use your phone, too. At least in the case of Target, their app is way quicker than the desktop app. If you're on an iPhone, buying is borderline instantaneous.

And I'm too late... again... fml.

One of these days, I'm gonna snag a console or video card that can actually push this LG OLED like it's supposed to be.

Granted, right now things are especially tough, but preparation helps with buying in-demand items online. Maybe not enough to beat bots, but you'll at least make a fight of it.
Have multiple tabs with multiple retailers open. Have your account setup and payment info already there if possible. Don't be afraid to go obscure. If you're using PayPal, make sure you're already signed in on another tab.
If there's a "one click" buying option - do it.
Use your phone, too. At least in the case of Target, their app is way quicker than the desktop app. If you're on an iPhone, buying is borderline instantaneous.
yup, I had best buy, walmart, eb games, microsoft and amazon all open logged in and credit card info saved (all Canadian versions)

Microsoft crashed and errored out at the add to cart stage for me
Best buy's links didnt work (in english, turns out the fench links worked fine though)
Amazon.ca preorders still aren't up
I dont trust eb games so they were my last resort

but walmart was golden, I refreshed the xbox one X page right at 8et and the pre-order button lit up. Added it to cart and clicked check out with pickup at my local store and it worked great, now sitting in my orders with the status "in progress". never ordered online from walmart before so it will be interesting but it should be fine.

yup, I had best buy, walmart, eb games, microsoft and amazon all open logged in and credit card info saved (all Canadian versions)

Microsoft crashed and errored out at the add to cart stage for me
Best buy's links didnt work (in english, turns out the fench links worked fine though)
Amazon.ca preorders still aren't up
I dont trust eb games so they were my last resort

but walmart was golden, I refreshed the xbox one X page right at 8et and the pre-order button lit up. Added it to cart and clicked check out with pickup at my local store and it worked great, now sitting in my orders with the status "in progress". never ordered online from walmart before so it will be interesting but it should be fine.

Is it possible to switch over from shipping to address to shipping to a store, post purchase?

My apartment complex has recently been victim to FedEx and UPS having shipments fall off their trucks, if you know what I mean. Plus, neither gets here until late at night, where I assume the store I'd be able to acquire it before I went to work.

Is it possible to switch over from shipping to address to shipping to a store, post purchase?

My apartment complex has recently been victim to FedEx and UPS having shipments fall off their trucks, if you know what I mean. Plus, neither gets here until late at night, where I assume the store I'd be able to acquire it before I went to work.
I'd call them and ask, My issue isnt theft its that my address is super close to another one and alot of parcel and mail goes there instead so I always try and get store pickup. So far my biggest loss was a $1200 projector, thankfully amazon is awesome and sent me a new one after I reported it.

Hopefully if you call them they can swap it to in-store pickup instead, another option is to find out if there are any shipping/recieveing places that allow you to have things delivered to them. In my town we have one that's an authorized fed ex and ups center but you can have any courier deliver to them for you. The only catch is if its not UPS or fedex they charge you a $5 "processing" fee but it takes alot of worry out of shipping larger items.

Gamestop's preorders just went live. They aren't allowing you pre order the console by itself. They're making you package it with accessories and games.

Fuck you, Gamestop. I ain't doing that shit with you.

Gamestop's preorders just went live. They aren't allowing you pre order the console by itself. They're making you package it with accessories and games.

Fuck you, Gamestop. I ain't doing that shit with you.

When I got through earlier today (about 90 mins ago), you could still get just the console itself. The same with the PS5. The problem is, most people go after that than the bundle which has 20 accessories and games you're never going to play in the first place.

When I got through earlier today (about 90 mins ago), you could still get just the console itself. The same with the PS5. The problem is, most people go after that than the bundle which has 20 accessories and games you're never going to play in the first place.
I'm just SOL then. Oh well.

With the RTX 3000 series GPUs, Big Navi, Xbox Series X, and PS5 all releasing this holiday season... I can tell it's going to be a frustrating few months.

BB login failed so many times it just straight up killed my pw and had to reset it. Could never get logged in and of course went OOS. Such BS.

Got my pre-ordered from Best Buy

xboxseries.jpg

Just placed one with Best Buy as well. The post in hot deals for three years of live ultimate for relatively cheap pushed me towards ordering one. 😛

Best Buy didn't make it available on time, Walmart sold out quickly and Amazon kept trying to sell me a dog. But the Xbox site while I had to keep on clicking to get past the errors, came through. Now to start looking for a new TV that supports VRR and 120hz.

Got two X's, one at Amazon and one and best buy. I feel slightly better about not nabbing a 3080 yet now.

(one is a gift, BTW, the other for me. I'm not scalping)

Crazy. I had no idea these would sell out hyper-fast, too. MS seemed to have their shit together, so it's probably demand and nothing they did/didn't do.

Got to love Best Buy and their crappy checkout so bad it made it hell for bots too. I was able to get one around 11am PST. Had problems with checkout like most people (ie. errors getting to payment screen, had to retry quite a few times). Cherry on top was that I couldn't even use Best Buy credit card for payment as system thought my card expiration date was 15 days close to release date(on their own page card exp. date was 5/2021, great math there BB).

They're all over eBay for 799 and up. Fuck that noise....LOL! Whatevs.. I'll wait for round two or just try and get one one release day... I have several Targets and BBs in the area.

Got my pre-ordered from Best Buy

View attachment 281720

You should cancel that Geek Squad Protection and get Microsoft's. Best warranty ever. $49 for 3 years of accidental coverage. I went into a Microsoft Store last year because my One X was powering off. It was out of warranty so I was prepared to pay for a refurbished unit. The store didn't have a refurb available so for the "inconvenience" they unboxed a brand new one and give it to me for no charge. I was in shock and it felt like I hit the lottery. Then they offered the warranty and I didn't hesitate. I came in like 6 months after with my controller since there was something wrong with it and they just gave me a brand new one in exchange. I think the warranty covers 2 free controller replacements or something.

So anyway... amazing experience with the Microsoft warranty and the actual Microsoft Store (R.I.P.)

You should cancel that Geek Squad Protection and get Microsoft's. Best warranty ever. $49 for 3 years of accidental coverage. I went into a Microsoft Store last year because my One X was powering off. It was out of warranty so I was prepared to pay for a refurbished unit. The store didn't have a refurb available so for the "inconvenience" they unboxed a brand new one and give it to me for no charge. I was in shock and it felt like I hit the lottery. Then they offered the warranty and I didn't hesitate. I came in like 6 months after with my controller since there was something wrong with it and they just gave me a brand new one in exchange. I think the warranty covers 2 free controller replacements or something.

So anyway... amazing experience with the Microsoft warranty and the actual Microsoft Store (R.I.P.)

That's Mike211, he doesn't talk outside of posting pics of his purchases, hence the mod quote in his signature. If there was a lifetime GeekSquad warranty, more expensive variant of the console that was identical otherwise, or any other add-on options with the purchase (however useless), he would have bought that as well, probably just for the pic.

That's Mike211, he doesn't talk outside of posting pics of his purchases, hence the mod quote in his signature. If there was a lifetime GeekSquad warranty, more expensive variant of the console that was identical otherwise, or any other add-on options with the purchase (however useless), he would have bought that as well, probably just for the pic.
That's hilarious. Just read his signature.

After finding out about the trick to getting 2-3 years of gamepass for stupid cheap I'm going team green for launch this gen lol. Got gamepass @ 2 years for $130 CAD, which considering 1 game is now going to cost $90 cad is a stupidly good value and halo + destiny 2's new expansion alone pays for this.

Is $50 over my cost really egregious?

I pre ordered one and a PS5 to have time to choose. I think it's going to be the PS5.

Is $50 over my cost really egregious?

I pre ordered one and a PS5 to have time to choose. I think it's going to be the PS5.
I was able to get a series x from 2 different retailers, providing one doesn't get canceled, it could wind up a Christmas gift, or I may just sell one to help pay for the other. It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

I was able to get a series x from 2 different retailers, providing one doesn't get canceled, it could wind up a Christmas gift, or I may just sell one to help pay for the other. It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Seriously, don't scalp it. If you get two and decide to get rid of one, do someone a solid around the holidays and sell it at your cost to someone who doesnt have the privelage to be able to camp out for this sort of thing, and doesnt have the money to pay scalper prices.

Early testing done by df for backwards compatibility with impressive results:

Richard mentioned that the examples were mostly gpu limited so some may be surprised that a few didn't lock to 60 fps. There could be a number of reasons for this such as bandwidth limits or not being able to use the RDNA features by default (without some developer work). Also, older games most likely are unable to tap into the feedback streaming that saves on bandwidth and memory.

So far though, pretty awesome to be able to play these title in resolution mode at 60 fps or very close to 60 fps instead of the 25-40 fps range that One X often saw.

Hooooly shit I won....... I've never won anything in my life!

View attachment 283689
been seeign a few of these on reddit and I hate you all, being in Canada I don't think we even have these contests :( Congrats though, if you dont have gamepass yet make sure you go to the deals section and take advantage of the super cheap 3 year gamepass deal.

Back