Xbox series X

here's a final goodbye to the current gen consoles...

25.png

here's a final goodbye to the current gen consoles...

View attachment 279849
That's impressive for sure, but let's not ignore the fact that 51 million consoles is still a shit TON of consoles lol. I see the pendulum swinging more back to team green with their series S and how affordable it really is. Even being lower specced it's going to fly off the shelf for casual gamers and kids/teens where the $100 savings compared to the digital only ps5 makes a huge difference, not to mention Microsoft's genius payment scheme when lots of people are still financially hurting and don't want a huge upfront purchase.

I managed to snag a ps5 preorder I might cancel it if I can get an Xbox series X, I own the PS4 and not once have I actually cared about their exclusives. I tend to play alot of mp shooters and Sony really doesn't have any edge in that area. Not to mention the gamepass on Xbox would synergize with my PC so well letting me play anywhere.

Wow it sold more then Xbox and switch combined. I see a repeat next gen.

Let's not forget that consoles sales are NOT everything. Xbox consoles have historically had a high attach rate and that will only get better with the backwards compatibility support.

There are plenty of Nintendo owners that bought the system for Super Smash Bros and maybe a couple other games. Same for Sony and Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, etc. This isn't the case as often with Xbox (could be the higher percent of US owners?)

Subscriptions are also a huge factor in revenues and Xbox game pass is looking tight.

I'm pretty sure Zenimax has been wanting to sell for awhile now. Of all the companies that could afford this kind of purchase, I feel like Microsoft is the best fit. If nothing else, they will still have these games on both Xbox and PC.

Xbox has been also releasing a lot of their games on Steam as well.

Last edited:
Xbox and PC if you have Game Pass Ultimate :p

Although Gamepass is becoming a beast of a service. EA Play + all these Bethasda games + what was already considered the best deal in gaming. I'm still interested to see if M$ gets a deal done with WB as well.

Although Gamepass is becoming a beast of a service. EA Play + all these Bethasda games + what was already considered the best deal in gaming. I'm still interested to see if M$ gets a deal done with WB as well.
I just don't understand how they are even making money off it. There is a lot of value there for the price. I would suspect a greedy ass company like EA would demand a lot of cash upfront.

Apparently Gamestop is only getting tiny amounts of these systems today. I have a buddy in a small town that usually gets whatever the hell he wants on a whim. Seems they only received 4 system allotments and 2 of them went to the staff.
He's 0 for 2 with the new systems after years of just showing up on launch day. I'm telling him to follow Wario64 and it's like a whole 'nother world for him :p Lucky he's not chasing a 3080.

I don't think they are profiting off gamepass just yet. However, with currently 15million subs. Lets say they are all at the lowest price of $5 a month thats still $75,000,000 a month or $900,000,000 a year. Now lets say that is $10 a month that would be $1,800,000,000 a year. From the sounds of things M$ would like to get that sub count up into the 30million range. So the long term game looks very profitable. But they gotta build it up. These last few moves are building blocks. It would seem the best is yet to come.

I don't think they are profiting off gamepass just yet. However, with currently 15million subs. Lets say they are all at the lowest price of $5 a month thats still $75,000,000 a month or $900,000,000 a year. Now lets say that is $10 a month that would be $1,800,000,000 a year. From the sounds of things M$ would like to get that sub count up into the 30million range. So the long term game looks very profitable. But they gotta build it up. These last few moves are building blocks. It would seem the best is yet to come.

The way these things have worked in tech so far is to attain a monopoly so that competitors are cut off

Example, google, uber, amazon etc.

I think microsoft is losing money on everything now
  • Consoles
  • Games
  • Subs
  • Cloud infrastructure
  • All access plans
  • Series S
it is just that Satya Nadella is an azure guy & he is fixated on subscriptions
The payoff, if it happens will be in the long run.

Meanwhile one surefire way for Microsoft to make money, is to release bethesda games on PS5 for $70. Since the PS5 outsells Xbox, microsoft should make lots of money here.

Second way for Microsoft to make money is to lease azure hardware to sony for playstation now /cloud infrastructure. Right now Sony is more scared of Amazon (rightfully so) then microsoft.

My CC was declined the first time I went to checkout through Walmart, which got me a little scared, given how fast these sell out. That would have been doom & gloom on 3080 preorder day, so I'm worried about the 3090. But I got through with Walmart.

By the time Walmart had gone through, the MS Store and Game Stop eventually popped up allowing for a preorder...

View attachment 281669

Just like my PS5 pre-order - no issues ordering from Walmart this morning.
Same, Walmart gave me no issues preordering my PS5. So now I have a Series X and Series S ordered from Walmart as well. Series S is going to be a Christmas present for a close friend and the Series X I'm debating with keeping for myself just in case Microsoft does something extreme with exclusives.

I really wanted to pre-order thru BB that was a huge mistake. Getting so sick of trying to order stuff online at launch.

So far no luck. Best Buy either went by at the blink of an eye or they didnt open it up yet. Was to late for Walmart and in queue at Gamestop. Guess I gambled wrong....oh well.

So far no luck. Best Buy either went by at the blink of an eye or they didnt open it up yet. Was to late for Walmart and in queue at Gamestop. Guess I gambled wrong....oh well.

Keep trying to check out with Walmart. 99% of the time it will say out of stock. Eventually you'll get through. You'll know it's really out of stock when it forcefully removes the console from your cart.

Pro tip: Open tabs for all the places you might buy from. Refresh them all and where-ever it pops up first just order it. Then try to order from your preferred store. If you get it at your preferred store then just cancel the first order you placed.

Always have a back-up.

I see nothing on Best Buy, Amazon or Newegg at the moment. Looks like they haven't even offered them yet.

Got a series s via Walmart for my nephew Christmas present (Walmart already charge me o_O ) also have the PS5 pre-order. Just waiting on him to decided which one he wants so I cancel one of the pre-orders :stop:

I recommend everyone follow Wario64 on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Wario64

He'll tweet nearly instantly when something goes live. Has always been my go to for getting notifications of in-stock availability of gaming goods.

Reactions: Vader
like this
I got one from Target for my daughter. She's going to love Christmas time.

MS Store is error after error with a little telling me I've reached the max quantity in between with nothing in my cart.

I couldn't get either xbox series x preorder, nor a nvidia 3080 and I was a launch day online camper for both.

grrr.

Gamestop actually doing something smart:

View attachment 281674
mine went from that to the gamestop homepage with no option to buy.
at walmart I had it added to cart, but by the time I got to checkout it said OoS.
best buy never came into stock
and microsoft website crashed and wouldn't let me in to add one to cart.
newegg's never gave me the option to purchase.

Managed to get one thru the crawling Microsoft store (took 28 mins of spinners and loading from 11AM). Have an email confirmation, so hopefully all is good!

I found this much harder than the ps5 preorder.
Its because this one everyone was prepared for...including the bots.

The PS5 pre-order was sudden and unexpected. I'd reckon most of the bots weren't set-up yet as the PS5 pre-order date wasn't even announced until a few hours prior.

What’s betting Microsoft were “surprised by the unprecedented demand”

I'm only surprised because it was so easy to get an X, and for what it's worth, a PS4 on the day of release. I don't buy more demand, I think people have some very cunning systems for attacking shopping mechanisms.

lol new tech releases is all bot shit shows now....fuck that.

I'm gonna start being the old man that I am and lag 3-6 months behind on this shit.

I'm in the review order portion of MS store, after cart finally started working... giving me address issues now... back to loading the order again.

Back