Xbox series X

Get yourself a nice 120hz oled or mini led gaming tv. Hook up a mouse and keyboard to it while playing modern warfare on the (120fps) mode and it’s just like playing on pc. I love mine.
Why? I can do that in my PC at 240hz Monitor or on my 55" OLED. I got nostalgic for some older Xbox box games. I have no use for it for current gen games.

I have mine for those sweet achievements in games that don't mirror them on PC. It's more common with first-party games. Achievements for games like Flight Simulator, Forza Motorsport/Horizon, and Master Chief Collection are shared between platforms. It's not common with third-party games. I don't even need to double dip with Game Pass Ultimate.

Why? I can do that in my PC at 240hz Monitor or on my 55" OLED. I got nostalgic for some older Xbox box games. I have no use for it for current gen games.

Nothing serious bro lol. Just saying that being able to play on the couch, in the living room, instead of hunched over on a pc like always is a refreshing break for me. And the games run great on the ps5/series x

Get yourself a nice 120hz oled or mini led gaming tv. Hook up a mouse and keyboard to it while playing modern warfare on the (120fps) mode and it’s just like playing on pc. I love mine.

Yeah, the Series X games are beautiful on our new Sony X90J - fired up MS Flight Simulator just to see the graphics, wow.

And yet I find myself playing PC games like Hidden Deep or Dysmantle. :)

I like my series 2 but the lack of colored buttons or backlighting is a huge misstep in my opinion.

I like my series 2 but the lack of colored buttons or backlighting is a huge misstep in my opinion.
Lighting is a distraction. I turn the light on the Xbox button all the way down, but it can still be distracting. I wish I could turn it off.

download (1).png

I would buy this lol had the back Red looks like a Christmas present.

Yeah you really don't look at it when your playing. I own two Xbox controllers black and a 30th edition. I have a Elite but it's last Gen I had two but the Micro USB port broke on it.

Update: I'm not going to get one I had my fun with the buzz of custom colors it might look good on the screen but once you get it are you going to use it? After shipping and tax it's a out 89.00 for a regular one the Elites are near 180.00+

Last edited:
I think I do understand why people don't understand why people don't understand why people care so much about the color of a controller, but I am not sure, feel like quite the lack of imagination

I think I understand why people don't understand why people don't understand why people don't understand why people don't understand, because it was on sale when I got it.

Western Digital will be releasing their own version of expansion cards for the console soon, as a page for the product was spotted on Best Buy's website before being taken down. The 1TB version was listed for $180, which is $40 cheaper than the Seagate version. Still a long way to go to be competitive with the per GB cost of a standard NVME drive. Seagate, seemingly in response to the leak, has cut the price of their 1TB drive to $190.

https://nitter.1d4.us/Wario64/status/1642538123857997830
1680611050036.png

1680611080880.png

Western Digital will be releasing their own version of expansion cards for the console soon, as a page for the product was spotted on Best Buy's website before being taken down. The 1TB version was listed for $180, which is $40 cheaper than the Seagate version. Still a long way to go to be competitive with the per GB cost of a standard NVME drive. Seagate, seemingly in response to the leak, has cut the price of their 1TB drive to $190.

https://nitter.1d4.us/Wario64/status/1642538123857997830
View attachment 561702

View attachment 561703
Still over priced. Can get 2tb NVMe for under $150.

Nice to see competition and the benefits it brings (price cuts).

What I would like even more is an official adapter that allows you to convert standard NVME drives into XBox Expansion Card storage. I'm hoping when (if) they ever release an updated Series X, the thing includes the option to upgrade via a standard NVME drive.

Still over priced. Can get 2tb NVMe for under $150.
Unfortunately it's the only option on the Xbox family since they went with that proprietary version of the CFexpress interface. You can use a USB drive for storage, but at least with my internet connection it takes longer to move a game from USB to internal than it does to just download it.

Unfortunately it's the only option on the Xbox family since they went with that proprietary version of the CFexpress interface. You can use a USB drive for storage, but at least with my internet connection it takes longer to move a game from USB to internal than it does to just download it.
I think in theory the CFexpress in xbox allows for a stacking/chaining solution of multiple cards. But these cards would be costlier than standard NVME cards !!

I'm still waiting on a controller with more durable shoulder bumpers. I still reliably break mine every 6 months and keep returning them to Best Buy. At this point my receipt is 5 feet long.

I'm still waiting on a controller with more durable shoulder bumpers. I still reliably break mine every 6 months and keep returning them to Best Buy. At this point my receipt is 5 feet long.
Thats crazy maybe you should developer softer hands? Didn't think they were that cheap

I have not broken a bumper on an Xbox controller since my original Xbox 360 controller.

I have not broken a bumper on an Xbox controller since my original Xbox 360 controller.

I've actually never broken one on an Xbox 360 controller. I still have 2 of those pads that I bought on launch day. It all started with the Xbox One and now the Xbox Series X. If you add 'em all up, I've probably gone through a dozen. Luckily Best Buy has that warranty where I can just bring 'em back and get a new one each time. It's still $20 each time, but that's 1/2 price.

I've actually never broken one on an Xbox 360 controller. I still have 2 of those pads that I bought on launch day. It all started with the Xbox One and now the Xbox Series X. If you add 'em all up, I've probably gone through a dozen. Luckily Best Buy has that warranty where I can just bring 'em back and get a new one each time. It's still $20 each time, but that's 1/2 price.
360 Controllers were built as tanks. Still useing a wired one as my PC gamepad.
My B button has been sticking on my Elite controller. It's annoying af.
Same with mine and one of my buddies. Elite controllers are, frankly, trash build quality.

I've only had issues with the first generation Elite controller. The A button started sticking on it, but only after 6 years of use. The sticks started to drift, too, but that is to be expected when they use potentiometers still. Both of my Series 2 controllers have been perfect.

360 Controllers were built as tanks. Still useing a wired one as my PC gamepad.
I still have both a wired and wireless set for my PC of the 360 pads. I guess the quality dropped big time later on with the newer consoles, huh? :( I was wondering how so many people kept having their pads break!

I have this same problem. I really like the elite2 controller but my LB button doesn't always register. I knew I sucked at parry timing games but I wasn't THAT bad. Went back to a cheap stock controller and suddenly I'm a lot better. Chucking grenades and such was also a problem.

I have this same problem. I really like the elite2 controller but my LB button doesn't always register. I knew I sucked at parry timing games but I wasn't THAT bad. Went back to a cheap stock controller and suddenly I'm a lot better. Chucking grenades and such was also a problem.

If you find ourself breaking those shoulder buttons regularly, I recommend buying 'em at Best Buy and getting the protection plan. From that point forward you can just keep swapping them out every time they break. It's $20 each time to keep adding the protection, but a new controller is $50-70 depending on whether they're on sale.

Screenshot_20230610-050759.png

Some guy Hucking Xbox controllers with Bing Rewards points through the Xbox store. He must of had a ton of points maybe a few years worth.
Posted on the Microsoft Rewards reddit page. It takes me a month to get one 5.00 gift card that is if I bother clicking been doing for about 10 years

Back