Xbox series X

jarablue

Gawd
Facebook Marketplace near my zipcode has new series x going for 600$ worth a look for you guys trying to nab one. 100 over msrp ain't that bad.

zamardii12

2[H]4U
It's only $30 for tax where I live. Doesn't matter, since I will never encourage the practice of scalping no matter how "good" of a deal it may seem.
Yeah and not to mention a new Xbox is something that is not worth paying scalped prices for... like if water was scarce then yeah... but a Xbox... just fucking wait.

zamardii12

2[H]4U
Apparently my console corrupted the data on my external drive and I needed to reformat it. 10TB of games I had archived now have to be redownloaded. Good thing I have unlimited bandwidth.
Why do you need to have all your games installed if you have unlimited bandwidth?

TheGardenTool

2[H]4U
Picked one up earlier this week. Wasn't planning on it, but once I actually thought about it it makes a little bit of sense since I was going to be keep my Xbox One as well. So the kids can play on them at the same time in different rooms. I can dabble on it. We can play some of the non-split screen capable games together. Once I get around to activating Gamepass $1 trial conversion will be able to also get most those games on PC as well. I'll admit, I rather wanted a PS5 because of exclusives that won't be available on PC. Hopefully I'll get more use out of the new one than the Xbox One though and all shall be good. Have only played a bit of Halo MCC but it does seem to look good and feel good. Took a while to figure out how to get the TV to allow 4k 120Hz but that was a me issue not setting the HDMI port to the right setting.

Jerome36

2[H]4U
I was finally able to get a Series X two weeks ago! I woke up and just decided to go on Target's website and do a search. To my surprise the closest store to me had 4 in stock, so I immediately purchased one. Right now I've mainly been playing Flight Simulator, but I have several games on my Xbox One X (some that I haven't even played yet), that have been optimized for Series X. I definitely need to start playing them now, before Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite come out in the next few months.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Starting today, Xbox Insider Program participants can download a firmware update for Xbox One, Xbox Elite Series 2, and Xbox Adaptive controllers...the update adds support for Dynamic Latency Input as well as Bluetooth Low Energy, which should make connecting the controllers to something other than an Xbox (PCs, iOS, and Android devices) more seamless...

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/09...pdate-rolling-out-to-insiders-starting-today/

Archer75

Supreme [H]ardness
I got my series X back in november. Costco.com It was that easy. No rush. No bots. Just ordered and it was delivered. A couple months later(January) a friend said he wanted one so I kept an eye out. Took a week and they were back at costco.com and I ordered him one. Both were bundles with an extra controller for $529 I believe.
Seems like no one knows about costco!

ND40oz

[H]F Junkie
GameStop and Walmart have them in stock if you do All Access to order one.

Armenius

Fully [H]
A new firmware update for controllers going out to insiders allows the controller to remember one Bluetooth device in addition to the Xbox console it is paired with. This allows you to quickly switch between the console and other device, like your PC or smartphone, by double-clicking the pairing button at the top of the controller.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/09...pdate-rolling-out-to-insiders-starting-today/

LukeTbk

[H]ard|Gawd
I got my series X back in november. Costco.com It was that easy. No rush. No bots. Just ordered and it was delivered. A couple months later(January) a friend said he wanted one so I kept an eye out. Took a week and they were back at costco.com and I ordered him one. Both were bundles with an extra controller for $529 I believe.
Seems like no one knows about costco!
If it is member only like on Costco.ca that would make it hard for bot farm type (if they have to create a costco member, pay for the membership and so on for each bot)

Denpepe

[H]ard|Gawd
There are over 7 million games coming out? Damn...

I should have specified Series X. The S is apparently abundantly available, the X is pretty rare, the only update I seen this year was one E-tailer who got 200 series X which they were going to do a lottery for who got to buy them. Sales nr's are for the combined total so that does not say much.

ND40oz

[H]F Junkie
I should have specified Series X. The S is apparently abundantly available, the X is pretty rare, the only update I seen this year was one E-tailer who got 200 series X which they were going to do a lottery for who got to buy them. Sales nr's are for the combined total so that does not say much.

The issue is the resellers are sitting on the X right now and willing to wait it out when people keep paying close to double MSRP for them. Ones that have Game Pass Ultimate pre-installed through all access are available if you don't mind paying almost full price for 2 years of Game Pass. It's still cheaper than paying the markup a lot of resellers are charging.

Ragenrok

Supreme [H]ardness
What's everyone's opinion on a good headset for the xsx? Thinking about ordering the SteelSeries 7x since it looks like it would also work on my ps5 and seems to be reviewing super well.

I'm working out of town now so my headset will be my only source of sound.