XBox series X - Costco Pre-order Live - $549.99 (with extra controller)

Probably the next scalper thing out there. This whole out by Christmas thing its ruining the electronics industry

Just camp a Walmart for the PS5. Xbox always loses the console war. This generation will be no different. Trust me, the Xbox being a little faster doesn't mean crap.

Also, regardless of what console you buy, don't buy the digital version. Spend the extra money for the disc based console. You can't re-sell digital downloads, discs you can

Just camp a Walmart for the PS5. Xbox always loses the console war. This generation will be no different. Trust me, the Xbox being a little faster doesn't mean crap.

Also, regardless of what console you buy, don't buy the digital version. Spend the extra money for the disc based console. You can't re-sell digital downloads, discs you can

98% PC gamer here but will patiently wait on a PS5 disc edition.

This thread is about Xbox. Why are you mentioning PS5? I'm sure people who want a PS5 will not bother reading this thread. I personally prefer Microsoft eco system over Sony's, always have. So it's xbox or nothing for me on console side.

Man, there are fanboys in every crowd and I never will understand the undying loyalty to a corporation. I do understand being a fan of specific game series, like God of War, Last of Us, Horizon, etc. and preferring the PS5 for those games. I also understand being invested in a console ecosystem because you have built up a friend group that you enjoy spending your online hours with. I see way too much hate for one console because you support the other type of loyalty, like the consoles are rival football teams or people are getting royalties from Microsoft or Sony. I am primarily a PC gamer (no PC master race crap either) because I have a community that I play games online with and I enjoy the level of control over audio and graphics the PC offers, but I also enjoy console gaming. Instead of picking a side, I am appreciating the two consoles for what each offers. Sony has some great exclusives, as usual, and Microsoft is offering up something incredible in the Game Pass Ultimate subscription, plus I think that the deal they have to finance the consoles for 24 months with Game Pass Ultimate (and save ~$60 off the total price if bought outright and subscribing anyway) is going to make the Xbox obtainable by so many people who might otherwise not be able to afford a next gen console. I am fortunate and have a pre-order in for both consoles through Amazon, but I really wish I would have gotten in on this Costco deal for the extra controller.

On a side note, I do agree with the comment about getting the disc version if you can swing it. I am a bit old school but I prefer physical media still. Plus, it is nice to have the ability to play 4k blu-rays occasionally. Like what was already stated, digital games have no resale value as they are tied to an account, but I can resell my physical copies (or lend them to friends) and recoup some of my money or allow someone else to enjoy the experience. I feel like this gets so overlooked these days. Now, having said that, I find that I have a lot of games in digital format on the PC, but that is more because the PC ecosystem has a lot of competition and prices can border on ridiculously low. I still try to physical media on PC, but I have way more physical console games.

Oh, also looking forward to the updated 4k Nintendo Switch next year too. Nintendo also has some great gaming experiences that are unique to that ecosystem.

Reactions: Epos7
like this
I have a ps4 for MLB The Show but allegedly it's coming to PC so I'll gleefully sit this one out.

Reactions: Epos7
like this
I have a ps4 for MLB The Show but allegedly it's coming to PC so I'll gleefully sit this one out.
It is amazing how realistic the sports games have gotten. The experience feels very authentic. I can only imagine what the next twenty years of gaming technology will bring.

I cannot stand the sound of the disc player making noise. It always drove me crazy on my PS3 and Nintendo Wii. I thought the PS4 would be quiet since even the disc games were downloaded on the hard drive but the damn disc player still made an annoying racket. And I hate keeping up with discs and getting up to swap them out when I want to play something different. I went all digital just a few weeks after getting my PS4 Pro. I buy digital games when they are on a good sale and care nothing about reselling. The only game I regret buying was Bloodborne as I completely suck at it. Sony just needs to have a better refund system like Steam with its 2 hours of gameplay.

Last edited:

Already got a Xbox preorder in from Amazon. Let people get what they want or both. No need to spend your energy on convincing people to not get Xbox common! Lol.

For PS5 Digital edition is good for people who want it for games are in cloud if they want that option and others can spend extra hundred for blu ray. I always buy them on sale so resale value doesn’t really mean shit. Putting a disc in everytime to play to play is cumbersome too and then having to take care of it. Lot goes on to it. I don’t buy games to resell.

Does Costco's 4 year free warranties on "TVs, displays, projectors, computers" with Citi Costco Card also count toward video game consoles, or is it just the same as any other retailer (aka no warranty besides return policy?)

Gonna be a rough xmas. No 3080's, no ps5's, no xbox's. I guess I'll just get drunk and play indy games.

Gonna be a rough xmas. No 3080's, no ps5's, no xbox's. I guess I'll just get drunk and play indy games.

I got in on Xbox series x preorder on Amazon. Just happen to check at the right time. Hopefully I can snag a zen 3 and big Navi next. Failed to get a 3080. Just can’t add the damn thing in cart few times that I had a shot lol.

Just place order through costco.

Nearly impossible to Preorder and every where was not in stock.

Last edited:
I got an order and they cancelled it an hour later, said I put in bad credit card but thats a lie, charge already hit my card. They cancelled a bunch of other peoples on slick deals with the same message. Probably over sold them.

I got an order and they cancelled it an hour later, said I put in bad credit card but thats a lie, charge already hit my card. They cancelled a bunch of other peoples on slick deals with the same message. Probably over sold them.
So far no cancellation e-mail. I'll update if anything change.

Oh.. My payment details were not the same as what I entered.. I added a new Credit card, and it looks like it did not take it.. Sigh..

Oh.. My payment details were not the same as what I entered.. I added a new Credit card, and it looks like it did not take it.. Sigh..
I'm pretty sure they changed the details after the fact so they could have a reason to cancel. They said my expiration date was wrong. I looked at the order again and it was wrong, but I know for a fact it was right because autofill didn't populate it and I had to pull my card out to fill it out. The fact that the charge is actually on my card shows its bs. Does the card you originally thought you entered show the pending charge?

Just a heads up, MS store seems to be going in and out of stock. Seems their sever is getting hammered though. I was able to add one to my cart and everything but payment didn't go though, probably took to long logging into paypal. lol
https://www.xbox.com/en-us/configure/8wj714n3rbtl

1605043594540.png

Edit: Looks like the delivery date has changed dramatically now. Went from the 3 days from today, 13th, now shows:
Estimated delivery date: 12/23/2020

Last edited:
FWIW on the microsoft site:
If you get your order and it gives an error message.. You can do the follow.. Inspect the page and check network call. You will see a PUT fail to www.microsoft.com/pp/v7.0/users/me/orders/{UUID}

If you look at the UUID, you can put it into https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/details?orderId={UUID} and see it is probably pending..

Been on hold for 20 minutes with support, and they hung up on me, calling back in again.. If this does not work.. Going to cancel the pending order.. And try again :/

It is amazing how realistic the sports games have gotten. The experience feels very authentic. I can only imagine what the next twenty years of gaming technology will bring.
you mean next 5 years. Its moving incredibly fast.

Back