Xbox series X controllers on sale at $40

Was looking for some replacements for the aging 360's in the living room. these will do. Thank you

That didn't take long to go on sale for the routine price XBone containers sell for. Though they're virtually identical to the XBone controller too; just a couple minor improvements and aesthetic changes.

Good find. :) I have two XBox One controllers on use on 2 computers and one wireless XBox 360 controller on another computer. If I did not have them, I would be headed out the door to get these instead.

So are these 100% ready to go for wireless and come with a play while charging cable out of the box for PC?

Well, the XBox One controllers work with bluetooth out of box but otherwise, a wireless adapter would have to be purchased separately or with the controller.

So are these 100% ready to go for wireless and come with a play while charging cable out of the box for PC?

Referring to this one:

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller-adapter-win10
AA batteries are standard on this controller, so no play and charge cable included. The dongle requires a Windows update, but that's no big deal.

Well, the XBox One controllers work with bluetooth out of box but otherwise, a wireless adapter would have to be purchased separately or with the controller.
Can confirm. However if the Bluetooth device on your motherboard (or some third party dongle) is inadequate, connectivity will be spotty at best. Ask me how I know. :)

The new controllers are pretty nice, even nicer at 40 bucks. Sucks I just grabbed one at full price recently.

I went with the one with the Dongle for $60 just now from the MS store. Amazon has the older model controller on the site and couldn't find the the bundle with the newer controller.

Are these Apple TV (4k) / Apple Arcade compatible? Looking for a compatible controller and this would fit the bill!

AA batteries are standard on this controller, so no play and charge cable included. The dongle requires a Windows update, but that's no big deal.

Is there a rechargeable battery pack that can be used? I seem to recall the older Xbox models had that option.

Have yet to see play and charge kits specifically for this controller, but rechargeable battery packs will work. Xbox One kits aren't backwards compatible due to the differing shape of the pack cover, unfortunately.

Are these Apple TV (4k) / Apple Arcade compatible? Looking for a compatible controller and this would fit the bill!
1606096309391.png

I had enough points for a $10 gift card and ended up buying a blue one.

We use a Best Buy Rocketfish branded BT usb and it works fine.

Got mine today. Feels really good compared to my old 360 controller.

IMG_0058.JPEG

They work fine on the PC. I think they work better with the dongle (it's more consistent), but they seem to work fine via Bluetooth, too. Both the old (Xbox One era) and new dongles work fine. The 360 dongles don't, though.
Been rocking one for a week and I'm a fan. It's about 90% the same as the Xbox One pad, but slightly smaller and more "dense." The Xbox One pads always felt a little hollow and flimsy. These are more solid.

I bought three controllers. Two of the standard for $40, and one for the PC at $60 with the bundled USB wireless adapter.

The wireless adapter isn't recognized in device manager, and I can't seem to install any drivers. I'm on Windows 10 v 20H2, which should be a compatible version, but still no joy. I've uninstalled the Xbox wireless device, re-inserted, restarted, installed the Xbox Accessories app. All nada.

All three new controllers seem to connect and work with my Xbox Series One Wireless fob, but weird it doesn't work with the new USB wireless adapter.

Guess I'll probably just wait and see if drivers fix this.
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...roubleshoot-xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows

1606355893766.png

I bought three controllers. Two of the standard for $40, and one for the PC at $60 with the bundled USB wireless adapter.

The wireless adapter isn't recognized in device manager, and I can't seem to install any drivers. I'm on Windows 10 v 20H2, which should be a compatible version, but still no joy. I've uninstalled the Xbox wireless device, re-inserted, restarted, installed the Xbox Accessories app. All nada.

All three new controllers seem to connect and work with my Xbox Series One Wireless fob, but weird it doesn't work with the new USB wireless adapter.

Guess I'll probably just wait and see if drivers fix this.
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...roubleshoot-xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows

View attachment 303051

I think the update to the adapter itself comes through Windows Update. You have to enable the feature that involves receiving updates for other Microsoft Products when you use Windows Update. That's what did it for me.

Sold out on amazon from what I can find. Good news is I somehow had $19 in credit on my microsoft account so I only paid $23 for a brand new controller. Thanks for this, my left thumbstick and triggers are wore out on this old ass controller I've been using with my pc

Last edited:
Maybe a dumb question, but is this a worthwhile upgrade over the Xbox One controller I have?
I honestly don't know. I've had my controller for years now and the thumbstick is damn near worn off so I decided to snag one to use with my pc. For $40 new it's worth it to me

Maybe a dumb question, but is this a worthwhile upgrade over the Xbox One controller I have?
I'd also like to know. I've been using an Xbox One controller for maybe 8 years now, but everything is still in working order; so unless there is some clear benefit I'd rather minimize waste and stick with the one I have.

There's no overt benefit vs. the Xbox One controller in terms of features. It's a little smaller, denser, and IMO it's definitely more sturdy but it's otherwise the same. Well, other than the "share" button, which I'll likely never use. I guess you can always map that to something more useful, so there's that.

The dpad is better on these. The dpad is clicky on the Xbox series x controller. It’s loud though. Think more mechanical keyboard, and less membrane keyboard feel and sound for the dpad on the series X controller.

Last edited:
I'll let ya know when I get mine in. For the price I couldn't pass it up

If you are getting these for PC, I HIGHLY recommend getting the usb adapter. There are situations I have had using Xbox controllers via bluetooth, that kill your FPS is certain titles. I was stumped, why some older games were chugging on my high end desktop, and found out that it was when I used the controller via bluetooth. It is a known issue, and I could replicate it on my home theatre PC as well, so its worth the extra money to get the adapter IMHO. As for the XBO controller vs the XBSX controller, they feel very similar. The d-pad is better on the new version, and the controller is grippier.

If you are getting these for PC, I HIGHLY recommend getting the usb adapter. There are situations I have had using Xbox controllers via bluetooth, that kill your FPS is certain titles. I was stumped, why some older games were chugging on my high end desktop, and found out that it was when I used the controller via bluetooth. It is a known issue, and I could replicate it on my home theatre PC as well, so its worth the extra money to get the adapter IMHO.

In general, I've always found the adapters (or even wired) = better than Bluetooth. Bluetooth always seems to have quirks and caveats. From FPS issues, to dropped inputs, to some games just not recognizing them. The issues might not affect everything or everyone, but it really sucks when it happens to you. The same is/was true with Sony's short-lived PS4 controller adapter.

So. I have a 2 year old Xbox One controller that I really love. Bought the Windows 10 Wireless Dongle, etc. Works great.

I have Black Friday money.

What's the difference between the 2 ? Any?

Glad to hear the d-pad is better. It "looks" more like the 360 one, and that one was garbage. Ok so maybe it's just that it is disk-like shaped. But the old old one was bad enough I shuddered a little lol.

My controller gets delivered today at some point. I’ll give it a whirl tonight on pc and report back with how it goes

Glad to hear the d-pad is better. It "looks" more like the 360 one, and that one was garbage. Ok so maybe it's just that it is disk-like shaped. But the old old one was bad enough I shuddered a little lol.

It's definitely better. The description of it being "clicky" like a mechanical keyboard is apt. There's no question what direction you're pressing and it's really responsive. It's still awkward to use as a main control scheme (at least for my thumbs), but it's way, way better for things like macros, menus, etc.

This is such a good deal. It's competing within the range on 3rd party controllers. I got the black one to go with the PC.

This is such a good deal. It's competing within the range on 3rd party controllers. I got the black one to go with the PC.
That’s what I got. It shipped thru FedEx I got mine in like 3 days. Still at work unfortunately

I always go for the ones with the diamond texture on the back like the blue one. It doesn't seem like much but my hands get sweaty and it holds surprisingly well

Back