Xbox Series S was available all day on 7/23 must have had a ton of stock come in (old post locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the alerts and kept refreshing and no dice.
Hope you have all checkout info saved and try on both app and DT, you're battling bots, not a sec to waste...I once checked out (manually) a 3080 in under 4 seconds on BH.😉

Hope you have all checkout info saved and try on both app and DT, you're battling bots, not a sec to waste...I once checked out (manually) a 3080 in under 4 seconds on BH.😉

Yup, I hate saving my info but you gotta do it. It's pretty much just clicking through if you find one in stock and hoping you don't end up with an empty cart after you place the order.

I picked up a lightly used series S for $250. That and my external ssd should tide me over until I can just walk into a store and buy a series X.

the one S will live a little while longer as the UHD BluRay player, I guess. Though now I think of it I ought to check and see if my Plex will direct stream h265 to an Xbox. Been ripping the discs but don’t think I’ve actually tried console playback yet.

On paper, the video of the One X to a Series S would be a downgrade. However, in real life, I have not found that to be the case. On the other hand, Series X is not available so...... :)
techradar does announcements on twitter (can't recall the guy's name) when there's a drop on the Xbox or PS5. I got mine from Walmart that way. I would have gotten one a month earlier directly from MS (it would have been easy this one time), but I really wanted one from Best Buy to get the 500 elite points, but eventually I just decided I'll buy it from wherever. To make up for it I got a PS5 from BBY and sold it, at cost, to someone locally...took longer for him to drive to me than to actually sell it. Probably sould do hat 2 or 3 more times...think that'd get e to the top elite status and I do love a 45 day return window (more opportunities to get it for a lower price).

I am guessing scalpers and bots, most likely.
The cart system that these stores use is stupid. FFS, if I have it in my cart, it should be mine for 5 minutes (longer if the site slows down). Best buy has an insane system where first you get in line...then you get an opportunity to buy it. Then you have to get a text or email with a code to continue. Then you check out, but most of the time they've already sold it to someone else. These companies should talk to Ticketmaster about how they hold tickets. Nothing is perfect, but most of these sites do a horrible job with checkout...but most are better than BBY.

Microsoft has screwed this up so bad, we should be able to go into our xbox accounts and put in an order for one and they ship it when they have stock. I've day one purchased the original xbox, the 360, the One, the One S and One X and now we're 9 months since release and it's still impossible to get a Series X.
i agree 200%

techradar does announcements on twitter (can't recall the guy's name) when there's a drop on the Xbox or PS5. I got mine from Walmart that way. I would have gotten one a month earlier directly from MS (it would have been easy this one time), but I really wanted one from Best Buy to get the 500 elite points, but eventually I just decided I'll buy it from wherever. To make up for it I got a PS5 from BBY and sold it, at cost, to someone locally...took longer for him to drive to me than to actually sell it. Probably sould do hat 2 or 3 more times...think that'd get e to the top elite status and I do love a 45 day return window (more opportunities to get it for a lower price).
Ive been trying for months and havent gotten 1.
You make it sound easy

Ive been trying for months and havent gotten 1.
You make it sound easy

Yeah, that Walmart drop on Thurs it was impossible to get a Series X. On the iOS app it kept removing it from the cart as soon as I added it and on any computer based browser I used it had a button you had to hold that just kept coming back over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back