Xbox Profile help please

Andhar

Console Gamerz Rulez
I own 2 360s.. one in the bed room and one in the living room.
I would like to put my live ID & game saves from the one in the living room to the one in the bedroom.. is there any way to do this? I Moved my profile to a flash drive and my game saves then moved them to the 360 in the bedroom and it's still not working.

Help

it should work. i have my profile/gamertag on my flash drive and i take it to a friends house all the time with no problem. Movies and downloads sometimes have to have the content licenses transferred to the new console

flash drive is easier, if it's saved to that as a primary (like moved over).

Otherwise, you have to recover the account every time.

^what they said

On the bright side the next dashboard update is suppose to make it easier so you don't have to recover your account every time. They said playing on your friends 360 shouldn't be any different than playing on your own. No date on the update but it should be within a month or two.

ya it sux having to recover each time. I wonder if you have to do this each time with the family account as well.

Oh well waiting for the dashboard update.. thx guys.

ya it sux having to recover each time. I wonder if you have to do this each time with the family account as well.

Oh well waiting for the dashboard update.. thx guys.

Dash update is supposed to be out before Christmas, but you should be able to transfer all your game saves and content to a flash drive including your gamertag as long as you don't recover it anywhere

I swore it was supposed to be out by Sept, lol. At least last time I recall mjrnelson talking about it (this is the same update that is supposed to make everything look WP7-y, iirc?).

Back