Xbox One X Scorpio Teardown and Reassembly

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Luke is back at Linus Tech Tips to provide an inside look at the Xbox One X, which will be released on November 7: we already knew that Microsoft packed a lot of tech into a relatively tiny box, but now you can see just how everything fits together.

In before PC Master race hate. :D Looking forward to this and will be selling off my original XBox One to a friend.

The PC master race garbage needs to die. I game on a 1080ti, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo stuff, etc - who cares which? Play the games where you want to play them. Anything that pushes hardware capability / affordability / easy of use is a plus in my opinion.

The PC master race garbage needs to die. I game on a 1080ti, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo stuff, etc - who cares which? Play the games where you want to play them. Anything that pushes hardware capability / affordability / easy of use is a plus in my opinion.
But muh PC is being slowed down by console pheasants! (sic for those who need it)

Apparently, it's consoles that keep graphics back, not devs who don't want to optimize for the 0.01% of game buyers that actually have a SLI Titan XP setup. Most of the market is running Intel Integrated Junk. Games will always have to stoop down to accommodate most of the market.

What is the best complement a game engine can get nowadays? "It's very efficient; it scales down very well?" All of that is very telling of the market in general.

You sir are a heretic and heathen. Obviously you don't do the best gamingz on the bestest platform with the more 4ks. Go back to your controller fiefdom, all hail PCGAMEZ

I wonder how hard it is going to be swap out the hard drive for an SSD. 1TB SSD's are plummeting in price.

Nudes are great but I want deep inside SOC pØrN

consolepeasants.com is ---> way. :smug:

[this was a joke BTW!] It's actually <-- way. :p

This is the first console launch since the Xbox 360 I’m intrigued by.

So I watched Luke's video and all I saw was a reassembly. Did I miss the teardown ;)

Yes, fucking please... that subreddit is the most immature and stupid thing i've ever run across. It's very cringe-worthy.

You sir are a heretic and heathen. Obviously you don't do the best gamingz on the bestest platform with the more 4ks. Go back to your controller fiefdom, all hail PCGAMEZ

I wonder how hard it is going to be swap out the hard drive for an SSD. 1TB SSD's are plummeting in price.
Doesn't look to hard. You do void your warranty tho.

Ok ok, 1.72Ghz on the GPU?? What is AMD peddling here with a massive VEGA card that has 8GB HBM a massive core and clocks at like 1.5? Seriously, that has 8 cores, a fast GPU and would end up on something the size of the Nano probably. Why don't they just sell stuff like this to us?

Back