Xbox One X issue - TV Problem?

|-Goku-|

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all! To start off, I have an LG 75UH8550 4K TV, and it is plugged directly into HDMI port 1 from the One X

I upgraded from an Original Xbox One to the One X and everything has been fine except for one issue; if I turn off the TV when the One X is on, and then turn the TV back on, my TV says that there is no signal. I have to either turn the One X off or unplug the HDMI and plug it back in.The weird thing is that if I go to the Input selection, it says "Connected: MS Xbox One", but no signal.

Has anyone else had this? Is it just something that I will have to work around?

Thanks for the help!

Are you using the HDMI that came with the X1X? Try a different HDMI cable. FYI, I'm not using the HDMI that came with my X1X. I bought a higher grade from amazon and not having issues as of yet. Also, try different HDMI port, HDMI 2 or 3. Good luck sir.

Hello all! To start off, I have an LG 75UH8550 4K TV, and it is plugged directly into HDMI port 1 from the One X

I upgraded from an Original Xbox One to the One X and everything has been fine except for one issue; if I turn off the TV when the One X is on, and then turn the TV back on, my TV says that there is no signal. I have to either turn the One X off or unplug the HDMI and plug it back in.The weird thing is that if I go to the Input selection, it says "Connected: MS Xbox One", but no signal.

Has anyone else had this? Is it just something that I will have to work around?

Thanks for the help!
Try moving the joystick around on the connected controller after turning the TV back on. By default the console will dim the screen as an energy saving feature after 10 minutes. The TV may not be picking up the signal correctly after powering it back on. While you're at it, check your other console settings because not all of mine carried over from my One S. Another default setting is the console going into standby mode after 60 minutes of inactivity.
Are you using the HDMI that came with the X1X? Try a different HDMI cable. FYI, I'm not using the HDMI that came with my X1X. I bought a higher grade from amazon and not having issues as of yet. Also, try different HDMI port, HDMI 2 or 3. Good luck sir.
"Higher grade." All HDMI cables are the same so long as they are made to the defined specifications. For 4K content you want to make sure you get a "High Speed" or "Premium High Speed" cable, and that the manufacturer of said cable is on the adopter list at the HDMI website.

https://www.hdmi.org/consumer/finding_right_cable.aspx
https://www.hdmi.org/learningcenter/adopters_founders.aspx
https://www.hdmi.org/learningcenter/Premium_HDMI_Cable_Participant_List.aspx

FYI, the cable that comes with the One X is a High Speed cable that is able to handle 4K HDR with no issues. Same with the PS4 Pro. Both also happen to be the maximum length of cable to ensure a clean 4K HDR signal.

Could be a handshake thing. I still have occasional hiccups when I power my devices (PC, TV, receiver, consoles, etc.) in the "wrong" order. Ditto if I turn one of them off and then back on. Unplugging cables or just powering everything down and starting over fixes everything.
Even though it's a revision of the Xbox One, there are some definite differences, especially when it comes to color spaces and resolutions. Meaning, just because it wasn't an issue with the first Xbox One doesn't mean the X model works the same way.

Tried 3 different HDMI cables, including an Active HDMI cable.

Try moving the joystick around on the connected controller after turning the TV back on. By default the console will dim the screen as an energy saving feature after 10 minutes. The TV may not be picking up the signal correctly after powering it back on. While you're at it, check your other console settings because not all of mine carried over from my One S. Another default setting is the console going into standby mode after 60 minutes of inactivity.

"Higher grade." All HDMI cables are the same so long as they are made to the defined specifications. For 4K content you want to make sure you get a "High Speed" or "Premium High Speed" cable, and that the manufacturer of said cable is on the adopter list at the HDMI website.

https://www.hdmi.org/consumer/finding_right_cable.aspx
https://www.hdmi.org/learningcenter/adopters_founders.aspx
https://www.hdmi.org/learningcenter/Premium_HDMI_Cable_Participant_List.aspx

FYI, the cable that comes with the One X is a High Speed cable that is able to handle 4K HDR with no issues. Same with the PS4 Pro. Both also happen to be the maximum length of cable to ensure a clean 4K HDR signal.

I did try moving the joystick around, no luck. It was not in standby mode, as when I unplugged and plugged the HDMI cable back in, it was still in my last game.

Are there any firmware updates available for your TV?

No, TV is fully updated.

Sorry to hear you're still having issues. If you have another TV, maybe you can try if you can replicate the issue. Good luck

There was recently an update to all Xbox One consoles. You may have gotten it by now but it's worth checking to see. Also, a full shutdown and reboot after the update might help.

Sorry to hear you're still having issues. If you have another TV, maybe you can try if you can replicate the issue. Good luck

I think it has to do with the 4K TV stuff to be honest. I only have 1 4K TV, but I certainly will try it on another 1080p set.

There was recently an update to all Xbox One consoles. You may have gotten it by now but it's worth checking to see. Also, a full shutdown and reboot after the update might help.

Great, I will see if I have received the update on it yet. Thank you!

Haven't had a chance to test any of this due to the holiday. I will check this all sometime this week and update this thread.

Back