Xbox One X from MS $350

Nolan7689

[H]ard|Gawd
Good deal with all the games. I'm waiting for the next one. Still have my Xbone Launch.
Yeah this close to Xbox Two, you're better off waiting since this costs 70% of the new one (assuming $500).

I went ahead and ordered that Gears 5 limited edition just for something different. I already own Gears 5 and 4 so I'll throw that code on here next week. And I guess I'll sell that extra controller that it includes since I already have an extra one all ready.

I went ahead and ordered that Gears 5 limited edition just for something different. I already own Gears 5 and 4 so I'll throw that code on here next week. And I guess I'll sell that extra controller that it includes since I already have an extra one all ready.

If that code works for Windows as well (which I think the Gears games work on both platforms with the digital copy), I might be interested.

If that code works for Windows as well (which I think the Gears games work on both platforms with the digital copy), I might be interested.
Yeah Gears 5 and 4 are play anywhere so they work for PC too. I'll PM you in a few days to see if you're still interested before I post it in the for sale forum.

So as an owner of a One S, can somebody explain to me what the advantages are of the X? I know it's more powerful, but it's also technically from the same console generation; do games actually adapt to the better hardware capabilities? Most of them?

So as an owner of a One S, can somebody explain to me what the advantages are of the X? I know it's more powerful, but it's also technically from the same console generation; do games actually adapt to the better hardware capabilities? Most of them?
Games have to be patched to take advantage of the more power. The x is like nearly 5x more powerful then the S. The S couldn't even manage 1080p in most games while the X can do 4k. At this point I don't think it is worth upgrading. The new consoles are 9 months away and will be backwards compatible.

Some games can more easily maintain a steady framerate if the renderer for the game is properly generating frames based on delta time instead of tics. Most games, though, is not going to be noticeable. I think around 30-40% of games being released take advantage of the X in some way ("X Enhanced"). This is usually through higher rendering resolution with more detail and/or antialiasing. Occasionally higher framerate. Rarely the option to pick between higher fidelity or higher framerate.
Games have to be patched to take advantage of the more power. The x is like nearly 5x more powerful then the S. The S couldn't even manage 1080p in most games while the X can do 4k. At this point I don't think it is worth upgrading. The new consoles are 9 months away and will be backwards compatible.
It also has more unified memory (12GB vs. 8GB).

I picked up an Xbox One X to give mouse and keyboard gaming a try on it for the new COD. Tired of cheaters. It took an overnight install to get the game onto the system (Way worse than Steam et.al) . I then discovered I hate the game. HOWEVER...mouse and keyboard worked like a PC in it. I was impressed until I saw they turned up the auto-aim for controller players so much they all might as well have been toggling. Graphics were medium-ish equivelent at 4K or therabout res. Honestly though, for $350, you can't really match that at 4K-ish res with a PC. Especially not with a 4K Blu-Ray built into a small form factor.

I recently box an Xbox One X on a whim, and honestly I've been pretty happy with it. My gaming HTPC wasn't working and I was really sick so I picked it up. I can't remember what I paid, either $350 or $300 with Gears (all) but didn't get a second controller. The gameplay is decent, especially for sitting on the couch, graphics are reasonable, and as mentioned not only a 4K Blu-Ray but also has most of the streaming services I use, 4K Netflix, etc. So honestly I'm pretty happy with it. I figured I'd keep using my HTPC and just use the Xbox for certain games but it's totally gone the other way. The HTPC is only for some games and for certain streaming stuff that I can't get on the Xbox. My DVD player was older as well so that was a bonus upgrade, and there's arguably better players out there but probably not anything I'll notice with my Vizio LOL.

I also read somewhere that this xbox one x will still remain somewhat relevant next gen because it will still be more powerful than the lower tier series x they release next year.

I also read somewhere that this xbox one x will still remain somewhat relevant next gen because it will still be more powerful than the lower tier series x they release next year.
So you heard a rumor that may or may not be true. In my opinion I would say there's about zero chance that they're going to release a next gen console slower than the current Xbox One X unless it's just a streaming console. They have made it pretty clear that they're still going to make games that work on current-gen consoles for quite some time and not be exclusive to next-generation though.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
So you heard a rumor that may or may not be true. In my opinion I would say there's about zero chance that they're going to release a next gen console slower than the current Xbox One X unless it's just a streaming console. They have made it pretty clear that they're still going to make games that work on current-gen consoles for quite some time and not be exclusive to next-generation though.
These are all rumors and speculation and they should be taken with a grain of salt, but yes, I read from multiple sources that Microsoft is working on a second, less-powerful console with graphical power rated around 4 teraflops. The One X is rated at about 6 Tflops and I believe the upcoming upper tier Series-X is supposed to be somewhere between 10 - 12. I am also aware that most of us at Hard know that teraflops isn't the only way to measure graphical power. These articles make it seem like the lower tier series-x will be relegated to 1080p - 1440p duties while the upper tier will handle 4k/60 output. If that is the case, I can see them allowing the current One-X to play these next gen titles at 1080p.

Here's one of the articles I read with this info:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/4/...ect-scarlett-lockhart-anaconda-launch-details

These are all rumors and speculation and they should be taken with a grain of salt, but yes, I read from multiple sources that Microsoft is working on a second, less-powerful console with graphical power rated around 4 teraflops. The One X is rated at about 6 Tflops and I believe the upcoming upper tier Series-X is supposed to be somewhere between 10 - 12. I am also aware that most of us at Hard know that teraflops isn't the only way to measure graphical power. These articles make it seem like the lower tier series-x will be relegated to 1080p - 1440p duties while the upper tier will handle 4k/60 output. If that is the case, I can see them allowing the current One-X to play these next gen titles at 1080p.

Here's one of the articles I read with this info:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/4/...ect-scarlett-lockhart-anaconda-launch-details

It would be absolutely insane for them to make a second system that is weaker than the XBX. It makes literally zero sense. There is no logical reason to have that kind of gap in power between the two models. Let's not forget that the XBX will only be relevent until Oct-Nov of 2021, when MS starts releasing next gen exclusives.

like this
I traded my Xb1 in for an X at gamestop, got 125 store credit. they also had a nba live + X + extra controller for $299. Ended up getting it for $223 (plus a generic chat pad which sucks balls).

It would be absolutely insane for them to make a second system that is weaker than the XBX. It makes literally zero sense. There is no logical reason to have that kind of gap in power between the two models. Let's not forget that the XBX will only be relevent until Oct-Nov of 2021, when MS starts releasing next gen exclusives.
It would make sense if the cheaper one is based around the cloud and streaming games.

It would make sense if the cheaper one is based around the cloud and streaming games.

Why would they make a console based around game streaming when you will be able to use Xcloud on browsers, Android, iPhones, and other devices by the time the new consoles launch? It makes absolutely zero sense to have a dedicated game streaming console. The whole point of game streaming is to not have dedicated set-top devices.

like this
Back