XBOX ONE X folks, check in here!

Picked one up yesterday. A month old with receipt, rechargeable controller batteries and 5 games for $400. Just got a 4k projector, I haven't played a console for a couple years. Any must have console only games?
Forza Horizon 2 is still my favorite in the Horizon series, and it may be getting delisted soon. It's not X Enhanced, though.

So remember how I predicted the performance in the Master Chief Collection would suck after the 4k update?

Yeah, it does. I only tried Halo 2 but it's a stuttery mess.

So with the MCC update sucking if you care about smoothness, and with Forza Horizon 4 and State of Decay 2 proving they can do first party PC ports properly (lol alliteration), my Xbox One X has now been relegated to the basement rec room where it will be used for blu rays, streaming services and Rock Band 4.

So with the MCC update sucking if you care about smoothness, and with Forza Horizon 4 and State of Decay 2 proving they can do first party PC ports properly (lol alliteration), my Xbox One X has now been relegated to the basement rec room where it will be used for blu rays, streaming services and Rock Band 4.
The PC version of FH4 still crashes with regularity just like FM7 and FH3 for me, so I have been playing it on my Xbox.

I have not heard about issues with the MCC after the update across the internet, but I'll give it a go myself and see.

I still enjoy just kicking back on the couch and playing some mindless 4K console gaming on the X.

my husband plays MCC on his Xbox One X all the time at 4k with the new update. I have not seen any stuttering nor has he complained about it.

my own experience with Forza Horizon 4 is that it is totally awesome. Makes me wonder why I spent more than $3k on a gaming PC setup.

my husband plays MCC on his Xbox One X all the time at 4k with the new update. I have not seen any stuttering nor has he complained about it.

my own experience with Forza Horizon 4 is that it is totally awesome. Makes me wonder why I spent more than $3k on a gaming PC setup.

What kind of gaming PC did you spend $3k on? It should be able to completely destroy an Xbox One X. Heck, I spent less than a grand on mine, with a used 1080 Ti, and it's probably 2x the performance of an X.

Uhh... I have Horizon 4 on my PC and XBX, it looks better on my PC - not to mention I have a wheel/pedals/cockpit - that's why I spent a ton on my PC.

The console is great for couch gaming, but it doesn't hold a candle to the PC.

Uhh... I have Horizon 4 on my PC and XBX, it looks better on my PC - not to mention I have a wheel/pedals/cockpit - that's why I spent a ton on my PC.

The PC version has the framerate going for it, but other than that it really doesn't look too much better than on the One X, mostly due to the limited LOD range. The PC version also has the advantage of being able to tone down the motion blur.

Yeah I get that. I can play 120fps ultrawide with everything turned up on PC and it looks amazing. And if you have a custom racing setup that's an amazing way of playing. For me, I've been decreasingly able to justify all the money I dumped into my PC ever since the XBX came out. I just don't really care that much anymore and learned to live with 30FPS, I think I may have to turn in my PC Master Race card because there's no way I'm ponying up for one of Nvidia's new RTX cards when my 1080 Ti is already overkill.

FWIW I've been playing FH4 on an Xbox One S in my other room and even 1080p 30fps is fine for me.

Yeah I get that. I can play 120fps ultrawide with everything turned up on PC and it looks amazing. And if you have a custom racing setup that's an amazing way of playing. For me, I've been decreasingly able to justify all the money I dumped into my PC ever since the XBX came out. I just don't really care that much anymore and learned to live with 30FPS, I think I may have to turn in my PC Master Race card because there's no way I'm ponying up for one of Nvidia's new RTX cards when my 1080 Ti is already overkill.

FWIW I've been playing FH4 on an Xbox One S in my other room and even 1080p 30fps is fine for me.

Right there with you. I used to be hardcore, upgrading every time a new GPU or CPU came out, but between the XBX, PS4 Pro, and Switch, I'm on a gaming overload and have no desire to upgrade the existing desktop in my sig. just for games. Just sort of grew out of it to be honest. I grew up with consoles and never minded 30 FPS (not that it isn't higher now, but in general at very high resolutions that's what we get). I do like 4K and high fps, but I really don't want to justify having 4 systems (and constantly upgrading one) that I'm actively gaming on. The other thing is that everyone I know games on the three consoles, so there's that, PC crowd has sort of come and gone for me.

ok ILL CHECK IN CUZZ I JUST WON THAT TACO BELL XBOX ONE X , XBOX SYSTEM FROM THEM YAY NOW WILL BE PLAYING ON MY 4K TV AS WELL SOO CIKED EVEN THO NO ONE CAN SEE IN 4K BUT OK BIONIC MAN OR STEVE ROGERS lol

Just picked mine up yesterday. So far I'm loving it. Much like BiH115, I'm kinda over PC gaming at this point. Nothing against it, just now that I'm a dad, there is a definite appeal to the whole "download game and play" no configuration needed thing.

I upgraded my launch day Xbox One when Red Dead 2 came out-I had it preordered already, but couldn't turn the deal down that Game Stop had-turn in your old Xbox, buy R2R and walk out spending $277 for a new Xbox One X- I'm selling RD2 to a friend of mine, so the the total out of pocket is just north of $200.

Finally got my X1X. Got the Frys deal with Pubg and Rocket League for $399. Was hoping for a good deal with RDR2 but got sick of waiting.
Installing RDR2 now and was thinking of a good side scroller platform/shooter...any suggestions?

Last edited:
I caved. Thought about it long and hard. Decided to go the xbox one x route over a ps4 pro. Picked up RDR2 and will probably sell the PuBG code that is coming with the unit.

Going to have to scroll up to look up recommended games.

Got HDR10 4k enabled with RDR2. Wow, what a beautiful game so far. Very impressed with the console. Only complaint so far is the dashboard? Feels clunky. It's trying to do too much.

Got HDR10 4k enabled with RDR2. Wow, what a beautiful game so far. Very impressed with the console. Only complaint so far is the dashboard? Feels clunky. It's trying to do too much.

Yeah, the Xbox dashboard is a dumpster fire. It's functional once you learn where everything is, but holy shit it's un-intuitive. The PS4 one is so much better... and even that isn't great.

Yeah, the Xbox dashboard is a dumpster fire. It's functional once you learn where everything is, but holy shit it's un-intuitive. The PS4 one is so much better... and even that isn't great.
I guess I'm the odd one out, in that I've preferred the Xbox One dashboard to the PS4 UI since the first major revision. I agree that the original XO UI was garbage, but they've made steady improvements ever since. But, I tend to be the type who likes information density, and the issue I had with the PS4 UI is what I felt was a general waste of available screen real estate. But, that's just an opinion.

You should disable HDR for now as its implementation is wrong in RDR2. Unfortunately with the Xbox One version you have to do it in the console settings as there is no toggle switch in game like the PS4 version.
I guess I'm the odd one out, in that I've preferred the Xbox One dashboard to the PS4 UI since the first major revision. I agree that the original XO UI was garbage, but they've made steady improvements ever since. But, I tend to be the type who likes information density, and the issue I had with the PS4 UI is what I felt was a general waste of available screen real estate. But, that's just an opinion.
I agree with you on the use of screen space in the PS4 dashboard, but it is still better organized and snappier than the XB1 dashboard. And don't get me started on the Microsoft Store.

You should disable HDR for now as its implementation is wrong in RDR2. Unfortunately with the Xbox One version you have to do it in the console settings as there is no toggle switch in game like the PS4 version.

Oh, that's how you do it? Damn... too little too late, but I didn't let it get in my way of enjoying that game anyhow.

Armenius said:
And don't get me started on the Microsoft Store.

It feels like the PS Store felt on the PS3.

I'm not a Xbox One X owner yet but I'm considering it. Just got a nice 4k TV and looking at re-allocating my current first gen Xbox One to another TV in the house and putting the One X in it's place. Those who replaced an existing Xbox One, was it worth the jump?

I'm not a Xbox One X owner yet but I'm considering it. Just got a nice 4k TV and looking at re-allocating my current first gen Xbox One to another TV in the house and putting the One X in it's place. Those who replaced an existing Xbox One, was it worth the jump?
Yes. If you have a quality TV, it will be a noticeable difference.

Ok cool. The wife is also in favour of us getting a better Xbox so that helps with my decision as well, haha.
I've been watching her play some RDR2 but it looks like I'll get to enjoy it in glorious 4k once I start my campaign.
It'll be nice to have a UHD bluray player too (which I think ps4 pro doesn't have?).

I'll be sure to report back after I pick one up, set it up and play with it for a while.

Ok cool. The wife is also in favour of us getting a better Xbox so that helps with my decision as well, haha.
I've been watching her play some RDR2 but it looks like I'll get to enjoy it in glorious 4k once I start my campaign.
It'll be nice to have a UHD bluray player too (which I think ps4 pro doesn't have?).

I'll be sure to report back after I pick one up, set it up and play with it for a while.
Yes, PS4 Pro lacks a UHD Blu-ray player. But I think the standard Blu-ray player in it supports 3D while the One X does not.

I think UHD Blu-ray player made the Xbox One X purchase worthwhile for me. RDR2 is one of the best looking games on the X right now, it's just a shame that the HDR is still borked.

I finally bought the X. I haven't tested too many games on it but I played some Forza Horizon 4 on it and watched the wife play some RDR2 on it and it looks very nice in 4k.
Now I need to pick up some UHD blurays.

Thanks to getting some gift cards over Christmas I only paid out of pocket for what have added up to the Xbox One S.

I ended up getting an X. I missed the rdr2 bundle deal, but got a fallout 76 bundle for 380 shipped from antonline eBay. I'm glad I got it when I did since the price is back up to 499.

Heads up boys,

Resident Evil 2 1-Shot demo is live on the Microsoft store for download!

Can’t wait, download almost done. Looks amazing! I remember when my pops took me light years ago, to frys electronics to get it for me. Was a 2 disc’er

Heads up boys,

Resident Evil 2 1-Shot demo is live on the Microsoft store for download!

Can’t wait, download almost done. Looks amazing! I remember when my pops took me light years ago, to frys electronics to get it for me. Was a 2 disc’er

Played it over the weekend and it was pretty awesome. Of course I wish I could have played it again though. I got it for free with the graphics card I got for my son's build we did for Christmas, so I'll be playing on PC. I would like to just play it in my living room though, so I'll be trying out the Game Stream thing to my Shield TV or maybe my Steam Link if that doesn't work out. Otherwise I'd rather just play it on my PS4 Pro.

Welp, I officially ran out of space on my 6TB external when attempting to preload Resident Evil 2 last night. I need to find and uninstall all the Game Pass crap I've installed. Going to be cancelling Game Pass as I'm just no longer getting any use out of it.

Back