XBOX ONE X folks, check in here!

OK, now I'm worried. As of last Thursday, Gamestop had charged my card for the Xbox One. Now it's been refunded... (And I didn't cancel my order). I originally placed an order like 2 minutes after they started selling them.

OK, now I'm worried. As of last Thursday, Gamestop had charged my card for the Xbox One. Now it's been refunded... (And I didn't cancel my order). I originally placed an order like 2 minutes after they started selling them.

not enough supply to meet demand?

not enough supply to meet demand?

Even on nowinstock, GameStop had orders available for a good 15 minutes after I purchased mine. And it wasn't just a temporary charge. You'd figure they wouldn't even do a temporary charge if you weren't guaranteed to be one of the first shipments.

My tracking number from Microsoftstore still isn't working. My friend who ordered same time from there has had his tracking number work since he got it.

I'm willing to bet that even in my area - either one of the 5 BB or Walmarts will yield me a walk-in XBONEX on launch day. We'll see, I don't believe in preorder and I've not been left sitting on launch day of a number of major items.

Mine hit my credit card on the 4th and I received a shipping notice this morning from Amazon.

I did my preorder through the MS online Store. I got my shipping and CC charging notice on the 4th but so far nothing shows up on the tracking number, just the usual "label was created" kinda nonsense.

Not getting mine until Wednesday thanks to suck ass Gamestop (I know, I know, I was late on the pre-order...only way I could get a Project Scorpio Edition)

My tracking is finally working, but FedEx says the package isn't eligible for "hold for pickup" so I guess I'm sitting in my car at my old house all day waiting for it.

My credit card was charged on Amazon, still says preparing to package. Thursday is still the delivery date.

Best Buy FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm picking mine up.... At 10pm TONIGHT! No work for me tomorrow!

Do all of you guys already have 4K TVs? If so, which one?

I'm still trying to figure out which TV to get for my living room for media / movie consumption (I want HDR too), but I do have a 4K monitor on my home office desk rig I can use in the mean time.

Will get mine hooked up tonight. Had it all weekend but been to lazy to get around to it and wasn't going to wreck the entertainment shelf late last night. I admit that the PC held my attention too with Spintires Mudrunner and Destiny 2.

Got my games copied over from Xbox One and just have to download the new games with it. Tempted to throw in Starship Troopers (only 4k disc I have) to watch but since my plasma TV is so old I don't know if that will be noticeable? Seems like the games will get downscaled if I've read correctly.

Perhaps this thing will give me the push I need to upgrade that TV although it still works so I'm tempted to be cheap and stick with it.

Ordered a Scorpio Edition back in August for in store pickup at Best Buy, still says it will be available for pick tomorrow so here's hoping.

Without an email MS cancelled my PayPal payment for the Scorpio edition. They did not show the order status as cancelled.. I cancelled it this afternoon. Now I'll head to Best Buy or Fry's tomorrow to see what I can get. Arrrg :/

Without an email MS cancelled my PayPal payment for the Scorpio edition. They did not show the order status as cancelled.. I cancelled it this afternoon. Now I'll head to Best Buy or Fry's tomorrow to see what I can get. Arrrg :/

Let us know how it goes tomorrow! I'm curious if there will be Scorpio editions on store shelves, kinda undoing the rarity they seemed to have at first.

I might be in the same boat. I got a paypal authorization email last week (and I preordered in August), but I still don’t have a tracking number. I called Microsoft earlier this afternoon, and they said tracking info would be available tomorrow, but I went ahead and pre-ordered it from Amazon a few minutes ago. I won’t get it until Wednesday, though. We'll see who’s order I need to cancel tomorrow.

Check the authorisation email from PayPal, it will have a tracking number link, that leads to the the confirmation page that shows that Microsoft cancelled the transaction
I might be in the same boat. I got a paypal authorization email last week (and I preordered in August), but I still don’t have a tracking number. I called Microsoft earlier this afternoon, and they said tracking info would be available tomorrow, but I went ahead and pre-ordered it from Amazon a few minutes ago. I won’t get it until Wednesday, though. We'll see who’s order I need to cancel tomorrow.

Check the authorisation email from PayPal, it will have a tracking number link, that leads to the the confirmation page that shows that Microsoft cancelled the transaction

Well hell, Microsoft cancelled the authorization. Guess I’m not getting a Scorpio edition from them. It’s just a console, but it’s quite disappointing.

Do all of you guys already have 4K TVs? If so, which one?

I'm still trying to figure out which TV to get for my living room for media / movie consumption (I want HDR too), but I do have a 4K monitor on my home office desk rig I can use in the mean time.
Low budget, the TCL P series 55in (only size) is $600.
Higher budget, Samsung 8000 series or higher.
Highest budget, LG OLED.

I have the Samsung UN65KS8000 from last year.

Why is everyone using paypal to pay for a console? Are they extending the warranty like a decent credit card does?

Got my Scorpio Edition and it came with a sticky A button on the controller. Dammit!

Got my Scorpio Edition and it came with a sticky A button on the controller. Dammit!
You can get just the controller replaced through MS support. Just make sure they know it's the Scorpio special edition.

Amazon still had Scorpios available. I'm back in the club, and delivery tomorrow is better - the wife works from home then.

Anxious to see what becomes of keyboard + mouse support. I know people bitch about kbm being "unfair" to those using controllers in some games, but it's not like keyboards and mice are expensive. Hell, they can be had for less expense than the elite controller.

Anxious to see what becomes of keyboard + mouse support. I know people bitch about kbm being "unfair" to those using controllers in some games, but it's not like keyboards and mice are expensive. Hell, they can be had for less expense than the elite controller.
It will be up to developers to decide what support the have. Don't expect them to allow it in multiplayer shooters for example. But single player stuff and other genres should.

Anyone know if there will ever be more Project Scorpio editions available for preorder again?

Jerome36 said:
Nope, they are all gone. The Scorpio Edition was like the original Xbox One "Day One Edition." Limited number for those who pre-ordered first. I believe Microsoft said pre-orders will start again, for the standard Xbox One X, sometime this month (no exact date given yet).

It looks like Amazon got more available for purchase. Given that Microsoft said once they were all pre-ordered they were gone, I'm guessing this is stock from cancelled pre-orders. So if anybody really wants one I'd move quickly. Here's the link: click here

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Microsoft has released a tech demo to demonstrate the 4K, HDR and Spatial Audio capabilities of the X. It was originally developed to show other game developers the benefits of the new technology, but they've released it for everybody. If you have a 1080p the X will of course use super-sampling, and it'll still work just fine:

Here's a direct link to the Microsoft Store page: Click Here

Microsoft has released a tech demo to demonstrate the 4K, HDR and Spatial Audio capabilities of the X. It was originally developed to show other game developers the benefits of the new technology, but they've released it for everybody. If you have a 1080p the X will of course use super-sampling, and it'll still work just fine:

Here's a direct link to the Microsoft Store page: Click Here

That video gave me a hankering for a new SimAnt.

It's not that I don't think HDR is awesome, as I do think it's very important, but half the time I feel like these demos are self sabotaged to be duller to give a more dramatic appearance than if they just used brighter colors.

It's not that I don't think HDR is awesome, as I do think it's very important, but half the time I feel like these demos are self sabotaged to be duller to give a more dramatic appearance than if they just used brighter colors.

Pretty much, HDR tends to be rather subtle. Without these huge OMG LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE exaggerated demos then the average consumer wouldn't be bothered. It should should be a technology standard at this point without being a marketing buzz word.

Just checked my tracking # this morning and it went from sticker printed to being at my local shipping depot over the course of one night. Let's see how long it takes to get to my office.

Thanks, man. I'm going to take a look. I don't plan on updating my TV very often (unlike my PCs) so I'd rather sink some money into something that will last.

Low budget, the TCL P series 55in (only size) is $600.
Higher budget, Samsung 8000 series or higher.
Highest budget, LG OLED.

I have the Samsung UN65KS8000 from last year.

Back