Xbox One, without Kinect, available for pre-order

I keep saying this over and over again in different threads but Japanese gamers are no longer interested in home consoles. They spend their entire day at school/work and when they come home they eat and then sleep. The weekends are mostly just further study and/or second jobs. Japanese culture is moving away from home consoles and is completely embracing portable solutions (either proprietary like 3DS or Android/iOS games).

I think we need to STOP using Japan as a gauge for anything related to home consoles. The west is obviously more interested BY FAR. I mean you know its a sign of change when Sony launches everywhere else in the world MONTHS a head of its own native country for the Playstation. I remember when the Playstation was absolutely a Japanese foundation and expectation for gamers in Japan and now things have changed.

What you said was basically what I'm trying to say

This is so stupid. For $450 you can get the kinect with titanfall.

That's very true, and I have a feeling once the new unit drops, MS will keep the Xbone and Kinect bundle at the higher $499 price and not bother with price drops for it anymore.

I'm going to pick mine up at Target with my RedCard Target debit card. It gives me 5% off all purchases, if you can't find a deal anywhere, you should look into a Target Debit card, all you need is a checking account and a blank check.

That should make the XBOX One somewhere around 380.00, plus tax, better than nothing. Of course you could increase your savings by adding an extra controller, or some games, etc.

Wife got me one for Father's Day. At least will have it with PS4 so i wont miss any exclusives. Truly had no interest while it had the kinect.
Already owned Titanfall on the PC.

Just bought an Xbone for Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, and the Master Chief Collection.. plus maybe Destiny if I don't also get a PS4.

Forza just crushes the racing game competition so completely.

I keep saying this over and over again in different threads but Japanese gamers are no longer interested in home consoles. They spend their entire day at school/work and when they come home they eat and then sleep. The weekends are mostly just further study and/or second jobs. Japanese culture is moving away from home consoles and is completely embracing portable solutions (either proprietary like 3DS or Android/iOS games).

I think we need to STOP using Japan as a gauge for anything related to home consoles. The west is obviously more interested BY FAR. I mean you know its a sign of change when Sony launches everywhere else in the world MONTHS a head of its own native country for the Playstation. I remember when the Playstation was absolutely a Japanese foundation and expectation for gamers in Japan and now things have changed.

Tables are turned. Many years ago, Japan was the biggest video game market.

I really haven't read or seen anything like this... I used to be big into the video game industry in the mid-80's to mid-90's, but drifted away with the Xbox/PS2 generation and just went into playing the games only. Still playing the oldies but goodies. :)

I really need to start getting back into it. I'm still in the 90's when it comes to the actual business side of gaming.

So MS has given up pushing all the multimedia features that required the Kinect to use, seems to be a huge fail for MS.

So MS has given up pushing all the multimedia features that required the Kinect to use, seems to be a huge fail for MS.

Without Kinect in every box yea it sort of is, I was hoping they would drop the price with Kinect but didn't think it would happen. Even if they did I didn't see anyway it would have been beneficial to gaming other than the usual dance games.

Thankfully no, they have not given up at all. It is just that those who do not have the Kinect to not get to have the benefits that go along with it, their lose. You know, I think things like this are the reason we do not have Back to the Future 2 level technology, people do not want future thinking tech, they just want to live mired in the past. :cool:

You can still just use the controller for a lot of it, which was arguably faster anyway (presuming you had the controller in reach).

You can still just use the controller for a lot of it, which was arguably faster anyway (presuming you had the controller in reach).

And assuming your hands were not full and you did not already sit down and get comfortable. (You know, like how the controller would be across the room and out of reach.)

And assuming your hands were not full and you did not already sit down and get comfortable. (You know, like how the controller would be across the room and out of reach.)

I see where you are coming from, but hardly ever are my hands full that I couldn't just reach for my controller. Albet I like going to netflix just using my Kinect :). Everything else I just use my controller as it is much faster.

Back