Xbox one S wont install games from disc

bufodr_T

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone else have this issue. I have 2 xbox one s consoles that have this issue after the last update. They begin installing the games and at random points i get a "installation stopped" error. I restart the console and continue installing. Then the same shit happens. Doesnt mater what game i try same shit. I have been online with a rep troubleshooting and still the same thing.
After 2 hours in chat this is the agents message.
"Thank you for waiting Jeremy. I understand we have already did some troubleshooting steps but unfortunately it didn't work. Now, I don't want you to leave this chat with nothing and I want to be a part of this resolution and I would hate to see you contact us back again for the same concern and start all over. What I will do is leave this case open so that way we can just correspond via email. Is that okay with you?"

this pretty much tells me they have no idea wtf is wrong and that i have 2 expensive netflix devices until they figure out wtf is wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm mostly digital these days, but I did install Destiny 2 from the disc without issues after the fall update on my One S. I install all my games to an external drive, not the internal one.

Not a issue here on the original xbox one or the xbxox one s.
I am sure you looked but do you have space on internal storage?
I have had to moved games from internal to external to install a few large games.

Not a issue here on the original xbox one or the xbxox one s.
I am sure you looked but do you have space on internal storage?
I have had to moved games from internal to external to install a few large games.

I have plenty of storage in that there is 480gb free. After doing a little research online this is a common problem and a real pain the ***. I spent 3 hours on chat with a rep troubleshooting again last night. . Makes no sense at all. I have 2 copies of blops 3 and neither will install from disc. I did find a work around for a temporary solution.
I put the disc in and when it came up installation stopped i clicked the menu button and manage game. I uninstalled from there. On that same screen i clicked view in store. Once there i clicked install. I was able to download it from the store with the disc in following those steps instead of installing from disc. If my other games wont install im gonna end up sending it back for repair....for the 3rd time.

I had a problem recently on my original Xbone with Gears Of War Ultimate where it would refuse to install from the disc. It would start and then immediately stop.

What I ended up doing was with the game in the slot, I went to the store and was able to find the game and it had the option to download from store. Or maybe I went to Games and Apps and found Gears Of War and opened the store from there or something. Can't remember exactly what I did, but basically I downloaded it from the Xbox Live rather then install from the disc (but I think it used the disc as authentication of me owning it). Took a lot longer obviously, but it did eventually install. And then after that, putting the disc in did not cause any problems, game would just startup.

Back