Xbox One Reveal 2013 Highlights

That ...... actually does. Sad.

And I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that this isn't it, til the end... and I was left with nothing. Oh well. Maybe I will buy that PS4... but I doubt that as well.

So let me get this right, the new Xbox One is all about:

1. TV
2. Sports
3. Call of Duty..... with a Dog...

I already have a device for watching TV, and I don't like sports or CoD. I guess I'll pass on the new Xbox.

So basically its not about the gaming system anymore, its about a new set top box that can play games? (I did not watch the launch event). The dog in CoD......such a gimmick that they are actually trying to sell to people, they really are scraping the razor's edge of the bottom of the barrel on new stuff to put into the CoD series......they mapped a "real dog from a seal team".......wow....just....wow.

after watching the ps4 reveal, I'm glad I didn't watch this one and opted for the shorter version... I somehow believe they didn't talk much about anything other then these three or four things?

after watching the ps4 reveal, I'm glad I didn't watch this one and opted for the shorter version... I somehow believe they didn't talk much about anything other then these three or four things?

Yep. Wish I had that hour of my life back.

I'm holding out for the Grumpy Cat DLC extension :D

Holy crap I'd be in for that game right now! That will probably be the first DLC they offer. Grumpy Cat upgrade. He should pop up everytime you get a kill, to show how he is not amused.

That's Xbox for me in a nutshell. Sports and CoD. All I regret is not having the latest Halo on PC. The gameplay is inferior to other PC shooters of course, but I wanted to see if the storytelling really did get batter after the 2 first games, or if it is just still what the FPS crowd calls a "story",

Still amazes me that people willingly fork over money for Xbox Live..I mean,most TVs, Bluray players etc come with streaming media apps (Netflix,Vudu etc) installed.I'm pretty sure if Samsung charged $60 a year to use them, folks would be outraged. I simply see no value in XB1 that you don't get with pretty much any consumer device available.

I'm holding out for the Grumpy Cat DLC extension :D

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400_zpsf4d70566.jpg

thanks obama

Holy crap I'd be in for that game right now! That will probably be the first DLC they offer. Grumpy Cat upgrade. He should pop up everytime you get a kill, to show how he is not amused.

You'll have to wait for XBOX TWO.

OMG TV! OMG CoD! OMG sports! Things I've never seen before on any other device!

That ...... actually does. Sad.

And I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that this isn't it, til the end... and I was left with nothing. Oh well. Maybe I will buy that PS4... but I doubt that as well.

Considering that all of the big name games coming out for both at launch should generally be available for the PS3 and Xbox 360, I'm not even going to consider getting either of them until the 2014 holiday season.

And since none of my Xbox 360 games will work on the Xbox One either, there's no brand loyalty anymore.

I'm not happy about them basically killing the used games market.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/05/xbox-one-not-always-on-not-backwards-compatible/

"multiple people will be able to install the game from one disc, with the second and subsequent installers paying online to activate their copy. This price will be consistent with the then-current retail price"

Wondering if PS4 will do something similar, probably I'm guessing.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/05/xbox-one-not-always-on-not-backwards-compatible/

"multiple people will be able to install the game from one disc, with the second and subsequent installers paying online to activate their copy. This price will be consistent with the then-current retail price"

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...retton-Totally-Opposed-to-Blocking-Used-Games

Shame, I own all current-gen consoles, but I prefer the 360. Looks like I will be aiming for the PS4 next go around.

SO sports and TV?

That's about 95% of the potential buyers sorted. I guess it might appeal the the 5% or so that like to play games.

Probably a wise move. They are not games consoles anymore, they are entertainment consoles.

It's hard to believe their whole presentation was such a disaster.
I am almost sure they didn't have a test screening of the event to gauge how much of a fail i'd turn out to be, but their level hindsight has left me puzzled.

Half of the presentation was about TV and Skype...
Kinnect looks improved but gimmicky for most users.

and the nail in the coffin was CoD, I was laughing at their new engine, it's pathetic looks like some generic 2007 pc shooter.

xbox go home, you're drunk.

I'm pretty sure yesterday was just for the press and general media to give a taste. You know the people that don't really give a crap about games and understanding the tech. That and to let folks know that MS appear to at least have a finished working box rather than a collection of bits hidden under a table.

I'd reckon that all the gory technical stuff will be saved for E3 shortly.

xbox after this one will be called xbox zero.

next one after that will be xbox infinity

SO sports and TV?

That's about 95% of the potential buyers sorted. I guess it might appeal the the 5% or so that like to play games.

Probably a wise move. They are not games consoles anymore, they are entertainment consoles.

Or you could buy pretty much anything, not for $500. :D

SO sports and TV?

But most of the people looking to buy a console, want a game console. So I don't think emphasizing TV is going to be that much of a benefit. It's more likely to turn off gamers.

Ugggh... this is all from that stupid Wired article that Microsoft called and told them that they were wrong and to take it down. There's no fees associated with their stupid DRM idea, but they're not talking about how it's supposed to work, either.

I'm pretty sure yesterday was just for the press and general media to give a taste. You know the people that don't really give a crap about games and understanding the tech. That and to let folks know that MS appear to at least have a finished working box rather than a collection of bits hidden under a table.

I'd reckon that all the gory technical stuff will be saved for E3 shortly.

Funny you should say that, since IMO it is Microsoft that doesn't understand gamers and has gone off the reservation. It is Microsoft that doesn't give a crap about games. They care solely about making money. That is why their demonstration was so messed up; it's the result of a disconnect, and apparently their confused as to the reaction, which means that the disconnect is so deepseated that they can't even see how where they are anymore.

As someone else said, the Xbox is now an entertainment device, NOT a gaming console. But it looks to me that they wanted to be (or make people think that they were) the right choice for everyone, but instead they made something that would satisfy hardly anyone.

They lost their focus and most likely will pay the price. I guess we'll see once it is released... probably while having to read between the lines of their financial statements.

Gamers who want an Xbox, even those who are moaning about it will still buy it and likely be in line on release day. Thats a given.

However, both Sony and MS know they also need to appeal to the folks that might not buy a console but would like a device that does all the streaming, media playing, sports, TV, internet, in one box that sits under the TV. Oh and it lets the kids play games too.

It's a different market now. It's much much broader now. MS will be pushing this as a media device far more than a games console. I bet the gaming side of the Xbox was sorted pretty quickly but all the media side will have taken much of the resource and time. Lot of contracts etc. to sort out.

For me when I got my 360 in 2006 all I could do with it really was play games and thats what I did 90% of the time with it.

Now in 2013 as things have moved on, gaming now takes up 10% and all the other media avenues now available to me through it take up the other usage portion. The 360 is one handy and easy to use media device.

I cant be the only one like that surely?

Ugggh... this is all from that stupid Wired article that Microsoft called and told them that they were wrong and to take it down. There's no fees associated with their stupid DRM idea, but they're not talking about how it's supposed to work, either.

Read the fucking article... It's true and confirmed by the corporate vice president of Microsoftin an interview yesterday.

Back