XBox One Owners' Thread (First Impressions, Thoughts, You Happy?)

This is why I second guess buying it every time I am looking at it. Even though I have enough store credit to buy the XB1 and multiple games, I just can't bring myself to buy gold.

Many things on the PS4 also require an online Plus account. Plus subscription: $50/yr. Live subscription: $60/yr. Either way its not too bad. Both offer games, demos and other downloads through the subscriptions as well.

Are demos out now? A bunch of the gaming podcasts I listen to said there were no demos on the Xbox One yet.

There are tons of playable demos for the XBone.

Many things on the PS4 also require an online Plus account. Plus subscription: $50/yr. Live subscription: $60/yr. Either way its not too bad. Both offer games, demos and other downloads through the subscriptions as well.

There are tons of playable demos for the XBone.

This is also why I don't own a PS4. At least with PS4 it only covers multiplayer and the video apps aren't included. PS4 does give you recent games. I don't even bother signing into my 360 to download the free ones since my brother gave me live back in August.

They must have added the demos after the podcasts I listened to because they were complaining there weren't any or maybe they just couldn't find them.

While not great for the PS4, Playstation+ is a great value for the PS3 and especially the Vita. Free games galore, and not just shovelware either. Xbox Live is pretty much just for basic online functionality. Playstation+ is actually a value.
That said, there isn't much reason for it if you only have a PS4. Resogun and Contrast are okay at best.

thanks for the tip on the Live account. I think that made up my mind. I'm not getting a PS 4 _or_ an XBONE in this generation.

I'm just going to build a Steambox.

This is also why I don't own a PS4. At least with PS4 it only covers multiplayer and the video apps aren't included. PS4 does give you recent games. I don't even bother signing into my 360 to download the free ones since my brother gave me live back in August.

They must have added the demos after the podcasts I listened to because they were complaining there weren't any or maybe they just couldn't find them.

I don't know, perhaps. I bought my XBone a few weeks after launch and I always had access to the demos. The demos were easy to find since they were right there on the home screen and in the game section.

I don't know, perhaps. I bought my XBone a few weeks after launch and I always had access to the demos. The demos were easy to find since they were right there on the home screen and in the game section.

Actually, even using kinect to search for demos didn't show the entire line up. I don't think it was as intuitive as the competitor's way of finding demo's.

When I searched for demo's it kept showing "Most popular" which was not the entire list.

On the Xbox One they tend to only show a few things on each page. You have to look for the little "..." at the bottom to access all of the options. In some cases there's no other way to see certain items - like the Killer Instinct download packages.
That's sloppy UI to me. It's snappier than the PS store (which still feels laggy), but it isn't well designed.
I still think MS's UX has been regressing ever since they scrapped easy to use "Blades" setup the 360 shipped with.

On the Xbox One they tend to only show a few things on each page. You have to look for the little "..." at the bottom to access all of the options. In some cases there's no other way to see certain items - like the Killer Instinct download packages.
That's sloppy UI to me. It's snappier than the PS store (which still feels laggy), but it isn't well designed.
I still think MS's UX has been regressing ever since they scrapped easy to use "Blades" setup the 360 shipped with.

Actually, even using kinect to search for demos didn't show the entire line up. I don't think it was as intuitive as the competitor's way of finding demo's.

When I searched for demo's it kept showing "Most popular" which was not the entire list.

Not sure what problems you guys are having, but on the home page it has most popular demos, but if you go into the Games Section it has an entire area for Demos. The games section is a button right there on the home screen...

Not sure what problems you guys are having, but on the home page it has most popular demos, but if you go into the Games Section it has an entire area for Demos. The games section is a button right there on the home screen...

Just saying the ps4 is more intuitive. I know where to find it because I own one and have fiddled around with it. Doesn't make it easier than their competitors solution. Which is easy to navigate to without much of a hassle.

Just saying the ps4 is more intuitive. I know where to find it because I own one and have fiddled around with it. Doesn't make it easier than their competitors solution. Which is easy to navigate to without much of a hassle.

I completely and utterly disagree with that. I find the XB1 UI and interface leaps and bounds better than the PS4. It is very quick and easy for me to get to things on the XB1. It actually takes me more steps to get to the same things on the PS4 and harder to find certain things on the PS4.

I completely and utterly disagree with that. I find the XB1 UI and interface leaps and bounds better than the PS4. It is very quick and easy for me to get to things on the XB1. It actually takes me more steps to get to the same things on the PS4 and harder to find certain things on the PS4.

I have to agree.

And why the hell if I have Playstation plus is it all over the damn store even the 360 ads aren't that bad!

I guess we agree to disagree.

I don't really like either store all that much. The PS store still has a weird lag to it. It feels like it's full of uncompressed 4K images that take forever to load, only it isn't.
Plus, just like the MS store, not everything is together and there are way too many ads. There are even movie ads in the game sections.
Why are they set-up like this? Revenue. You have to wade through more ads, potential DLC purchases, and movies with the hope that you'll end up buying something else along the way. Both could streamline their interfaces but they don't want to.

Mike211 thanks for the heads up on the sale prices. Gonna go to best buy and snag something

Has anyone put out updated sales numbers?

Since their release, I have only seen PS4 in stock somewhere once (and in very limited quantities). The X1 though, I've been able to find everywhere I've looked over the past month or so. I've been keeping an eye out both at home (Upstate NY, middle of nowhere) and while on vacation (NW Chicago suburbs, much more populated), and both have been consistent, X1 readily available, PS4 a ghost.

I'm curious to know why this is. Is PS4 selling better or is Microsoft sending out more units than Sony? Both?

I'm actually pretty pleased about this, as I'm wanting to buy an X1 sometime in the coming months. Price and hardware be damned, it's got the games I want to play. It's good to know I won't have a any problems finding one.

I'm curious to know why this is. Is PS4 selling better or is Microsoft sending out more units than Sony? Both?

Both. I think its around PS4 2.9m XB1 2.3m. XB1 has way more supply. I think when people step back and realize that the PS4 first years titles (1st Party) are going to kinda weak that they will open up to the xb1. The second year (2015) should be way more interesting to me regarding sales when Sony starts pumping out their monster 1st party titles.

I'm also curious to see how fast all the indies that are on the ps4 atm get ported over to the xb1 now that Warframe just got rated in europe for the xb1. I think the latest they will come out is the march date they mentioned about the ID dev stuff.

I started seeing XBOnes at grocery stores the other day lol...

I saw them everywhere the last 2 weeks. Toys R Us, target, walmart, gamestop, bestbuy and in large numbers sitting there. No where did I see a PS4. My Xbox One hasnt been powered on since launch week.

I started seeing XBOnes at grocery stores the other day lol...

Another bit of evidence to support that the XB1 has a better supply output right now then the PS4. And after Christmas there is always fall off. The Wii stayed popular because of its price point and appeal to children. Pretty hard to keep parents excited about a $500 console these days.

Im happy with my purchase. Its not perfect, but the technology is what sold me on this. The TV integration. The party system, has been improved, when working properly. Kinect works most of the time.

Im happy with my purchase. Its not perfect, but the technology is what sold me on this. The TV integration. The party system, has been improved, when working properly. Kinect works most of the time.

I really look forward to what it will become in a year or so. With more refinement and ideas tossed into the mix. Its an experiment but I'm glad I was given one as a gift.

I've been using my xbone for a few weeks now, and IMO the biggest improvement over the 360 (other than the fact that my 360 RROD'd twice and is currently unusable :p) and the PS4 is the TV integration. If you haven't used it, you really should at least check out a youtube video or something to see how it works.

Example - I want to play games, wife wants to watch TV:

Wife: "I want to watch XYZ"
Me: "XBOX snap TV. XBOX watch XYZ"
*BOOM*

TV integration is neat, but they dropped the ball not having the HDMI work as a pass through. I don't always want my power hungry Xbox one on while I'm just watching TV.

I hope they bring overlay support some things like tv and skype don't have to take up all that snap space and would be nice like picture in picture.

I was surprised with an Xbox One over the holidays and I'm pretty impressed so far. Here are my thoughts/impressions of the console itself:

Design:
The Xbox One blends nicely within my home theater setup (unlike the original Xbox 360). I think it looks great with its clean lines, simple front, and runs pretty cool. The size does not bother me and reminds me of the original Xbox.

Controller:
I have pretty big hands so the original Xbox "Duke" controller is my favorite to date, but I found the Xbox 360 controller to be pretty comfortable and the Xbox One improves on that design. The rumbling triggers are amazing. Reminded me the first time that I plugged a RumblePak into a N64 controller. The texture of the controller is an improvement too. The 360 controller would become glossy after a few hours of use, but I haven't experienced this on the One controller. Oh, and thank you for finally fixing the D-pad. Battery life seems pretty good. I purchased the Energizer 2X Charging System and works great. Only thing missing is a battery life indicator.

Kinect:
Kinect has worked well for me so far and a whole lot better than the 360's. Some of the voice commands need to be repeated if the environment is noisy, but I think it will improve with updates. I just need to learn all of the commands, but I see myself using this much more. I live with two other roommates and it's really cool how the Kinect recognizes us with our separate Gamertags. Makes signing in a snap.

TV:
Setup was a breeze and works perfectly over my cable box. I hated my provider's UI, so the Xbox One's interface is much nicer. Snapping the TV is a great way to catch some sports while gaming. Just need to incorporate DVR and it will be golden.

SmartGlass:
Installed this on my iPhone and iPad. This does away with the need to "type" messages using a controller. I highly recommend anyone with a smartphone to download this for messaging alone. It'll be interesting to see how developers will incorporate this with their games (like Dead Rising 3).

Games:
Games are the reason why we buy consoles and I thought the launch titles have been lack luster. I've only played CoD:Ghosts and Dead Rising 3 so far, but I can not wait for Titanfall and Destiny.
Graphics looks great compared to the last generation, but we all know it takes time for developers to utilize the full potential of these systems. I'm curious to see how the Azure cloud platform will be used to improve the Xbox One's performance.

Overall Thoughts:
Overall I'm pretty happy with it and I am excited to see how the Xbox One will mature in the coming years. If Microsoft can bring new IPs and exclusives to the platform, I think the Xbox One will do well. It has a lot of potential to be something great.

XBL tag is M1yagi if anyone wants to add me.

Tips:
-Make sure you calibrate your TV under settings if you haven't. It will make the picture look a lot better if you haven't.
-Double tap the Xbox button to switch between Snapped apps.
-If you say "Xbox, go to" with no app afterwards it opens up games and applications.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Titanfall Edition Xbox One controller: Link. Think it's kinda cool.

titanfall_630pxhedimg_controller.jpg

Special controller needed for 6 vs 6 play huh? MS is surely pushing this title.

Not needed and its the same controller. I am not sure you have noticed but practically every AAA title, specially MS ones, had a SE re-skinned controller for it on the 360.

Grocery store has them back in stock now. I'm not sure if you can say the Xbox supply chain is better or perhaps the ps4 is constantly being bought up as soon as stock arrives. I'm going to pick one up as a b-day gift to myself after playing more of it with friends in the coming weeks.

Grocery store has them back in stock now. I'm not sure if you can say the Xbox supply chain is better or perhaps the ps4 is constantly being bought up as soon as stock arrives. I'm going to pick one up as a b-day gift to myself after playing more of it with friends in the coming weeks.

PS4 is outselling the ONE and they can't meet demand.

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/xboxone/

From what it seems like the PS4 is stretched thin as even heading into christmas some places had not yet gotten a second shipment. Who knows if Sony had focused on the US more if it would still have stock issues.

From what it seems like the PS4 is stretched thin as even heading into christmas some places had not yet gotten a second shipment. Who knows if Sony had focused on the US more if it would still have stock issues.

Then Sony would have less in stock in other areas. Same thing really. They can only produce so many.

Then Sony would have less in stock in other areas. Same thing really. They can only produce so many.

This. There's a constant of only so many can be produced at one time. Factor in Sony's 48 countries to MS' 13 and it becomes obvious why there are so many xb1s on the shelves in the US. If you look at vgchartz.com you'd notice that xb1 is consistently outselling ps4 in the states while being dramatically outsold in europe. Simple fact remains that xb1 is NOT even for sale in half of europe yet... The reality is you can sit and claim whatever you'd like in regards to the numbers, but the fact remains that they're both selling well and that's good news for all.

Back to the thread. I've been super impressed with the console. Ryse, Forza, BF4 are all very impressive games. I turned on my 360 the other day to play with some friends that have yet to migrate and realized just how spoiled we are! ...please tell me I'm not the only one to notice jaggies in the 360 menus now.

I'm happy with my purchase, but the lack of games is frustrating. I've got nothing on the horizon til March for it. I've gone back to my 360 for now to finish off some games.

Back