XBox One Owners' Thread (First Impressions, Thoughts, You Happy?)

This. There's a constant of only so many can be produced at one time. Factor in Sony's 48 countries to MS' 13 and it becomes obvious why there are so many xb1s on the shelves in the US. If you look at vgchartz.com you'd notice that xb1 is consistently outselling ps4 in the states while being dramatically outsold in europe. Simple fact remains that xb1 is NOT even for sale in half of europe yet... The reality is you can sit and claim whatever you'd like in regards to the numbers, but the fact remains that they're both selling well and that's good news for all.

Back to the thread. I've been super impressed with the console. Ryse, Forza, BF4 are all very impressive games. I turned on my 360 the other day to play with some friends that have yet to migrate and realized just how spoiled we are! ...please tell me I'm not the only one to notice jaggies in the 360 menus now.

I'm actually enjoying my xbox one as well. Forza, NBA2K14, killer instinct (though it lacks depth).

Is Ryse worth getting? I've played through the SP in BF4 (still playing mutli) and I have 100% Lego Marvel Superheroes. Looking for something new.

Is Ryse worth getting? I've played through the SP in BF4 (still playing mutli) and I have 100% Lego Marvel Superheroes. Looking for something new.

I have an Xbox, have for about a month.. I have yet to open it..My PS4 has consumed nearly any second of downtime I've had.. Was probably just going to sell the Xbox off.. You have both systems.. Is it worth having both, you think? I'm more of a multiplayer junkie than a single player guy.. And, my ADD refuses to let me finish a game, ever.. So, thoughts on that?

I have an Xbox, have for about a month.. I have yet to open it..My PS4 has consumed nearly any second of downtime I've had.. Was probably just going to sell the Xbox off.. You have both systems.. Is it worth having both, you think? I'm more of a multiplayer junkie than a single player guy.. And, my ADD refuses to let me finish a game, ever.. So, thoughts on that?

I have both (and a ADD issue as well) and I would tell you that the Xbone gets 1000x the time my ps4 does. Not only that but it gets use even when I am not playing a game, for someone like me that plays SP, its an important to note because there are slow parts during most years were I can go months without finding a good game.

The fact that you mostly play MP games you basically have to decide. Which systems are getting the MP games you want to play. If you play with friends you also have to figure out which console they got or will be getting for both exclusives and non-exclusives. You have a major advantage by being an MP junkie because like you said you play almost any minute so your use sways with what ever new MP your playing. For me I play a game on the PS4 and I am done and its basically on standby for several weeks. For me The Xbox has better and more exclusives right now and I prefer the controller for non exclusive games. This means that I have much more hours of gaming into the Xbox and when I am not playing the xbox still sees heavy usage.

Last edited:
Yeah, I definitely like the direction the Xbox went, over the PS4... It just makes more sense... But, I'm in the middle of ordering parts for my first closed loop build, along with the build parts itself.. And, that $550 or whatever seems like it would be much better spent on that.
I do like the idea of having both, but not as much as I like the money spent elsewhere. Kind of sucks looking at the bright green box in the corner of my room all neat and tidy though. I swear I wake up at night and it's calling my name...

I play SP games, no time for MP. I play my PS3 a lot more than the 360 due to the much larger variety of SP games, and PS+ as well.

Should I consider the XB1? I do love Forza but again the reviews for F5 are not kind at all. Yet I like F4 and Horizons a lot more compared for GT5.

I play SP games, no time for MP. I play my PS3 a lot more than the 360 due to the much larger variety of SP games, and PS+ as well.

Should I consider the XB1? I do love Forza but again the reviews for F5 are not kind at all. Yet I like F4 and Horizons a lot more compared for GT5.

You know the systems are going to be around a long time and purchasing a Xbox1 would allow you to play single player games when they are released no matter what the platform if you have both. Maybe wait until there is a game you really want on the XB1 before buying it but that's up to you.

The only thing really bad from the reviews was the game economy which was fixed money in game is easy to get now and cars are cheaper. This game is great and most reviews where pretty good if not great iirc.

It's worth a rent. Not sure about buying though
I did enjoy the game when I played it.

Forza 5 is a good game and as noted by others the game economy was adjusted to make it easier to earn cars. However keep in mind that it's sort of a fresh start for the franchise. Since it's on next gen hardware they reworked or redid every car/track that is in the game. The result is great looking graphics, but a lot less content. In past game they had lot more cars, but many where just carried over from previous games. For example Forza 3 still had some car models that looked like they were from Forza 1. So coming from Forza 4, don't expect as much content (cars, tracks, game modes, etc).

Last edited:
Forza 5 is a good game and as noted by others the game economy was adjusted to make it easier to earn cars. However keep in mind that it's sort of a fresh start for the franchise. Since it's on next gen hardware they reworked or redid every car/track that is in the game. The result is great looking graphics, but a lot less content. In past game they had lot more cars, but many where just carried over from previous games. For example Forza 3 still had some car models that looked like they were from Forza 1. So coming from Forza 4, don't expect as much content (cars, tracks, game modes, etc).

Thankfully they're bringing more free content online with each update. I'd really like to see them do a big free car and track pack outside of the paid DLC content.

Have they released any new games since launch or are you guys still beating off stalefish to forza and ryse?

Have they released any new games since launch or are you guys still beating off stalefish to forza and ryse?

Ryse isn't a long term game Imo. Forza on the other hand I'm enjoying quite a bit. It's actually the first Forza game I really got into playing.

Ryse mp is pretty fun with friends. I haven't tried it with randoms yet though.

I can't say I've tried much of the MP. How is it? Do you figure it has large replay value?

We played for about an hour and I got to level 2 and I think there's like 30+ levels. Each arena map has like 1-2 phases and we wiped a couple of times. I got the game for $30 so I'm not complaining, but the sp is only 10 hours I think. I wouldn't buy it at $60 but at a nice discount I feel it has a decent replay value. Dead Rising 3 let's you beat the whole game in co-op I think. I mainly play sports games on the console though so your tastes may vary.

It's hard for me personally to recommend games because I got all of my xb1 (BF4, nba 2k14, madden 25, forza 5, Ryse, Fifa 14) and ps4 (AC4) games between $30-$40 and I don't want anyone to feel jipped if they buy it full price.

I just finished playing through Ryse and that is actually a pretty decent game. I'm very impressed and surprised because reviewers trashed it. The CAG crew all said that the game was good, so I gave it a shot.The story was passable and the gameplay was solid. I can see people not liking the game if they don't like that game of gameplay. If you treat it like a hack and slash, you're going to have a bad time. I'm playing through it again on Legendary now. If you skipped this game because of reviews, give it a rent. I'm glad that I did and actually am looking forward to Ryse 2.

I just finished playing through Ryse and that is actually a pretty decent game. I'm very impressed and surprised because reviewers trashed it. The CAG crew all said that the game was good, so I gave it a shot.The story was passable and the gameplay was solid. I can see people not liking the game if they don't like that game of gameplay. If you treat it like a hack and slash, you're going to have a bad time. I'm playing through it again on Legendary now. If you skipped this game because of reviews, give it a rent. I'm glad that I did and actually am looking forward to Ryse 2.

They should make the executions with the right stick similar to Metal Gear Rising where your swipes control the sword, it would make it feel a lot more interactive. I just beat it too and plan an running through on legendary and collecting all the vistas ( dammit microsoft)

They should make the executions with the right stick similar to Metal Gear Rising where your swipes control the sword, it would make it feel a lot more interactive. I just beat it too and plan an running through on legendary and collecting all the vistas ( dammit microsoft)

Yeah, I definitely agree. Executions get old really fast. Especially in Legendary when you absolutely need health executions to stay alive. I was thinking 1-2 button presses max with fast animations but using the right-stick like that would work really well.

Overall, in the long run... PS4 will likely have the better sp exclusives. I'm a xb1 guy, and mp is my thing. Although Ryse was lots of fun for 40.00 bucks.

Im liking my xb1. The integration with the entertainment center is icing on the cake. Im a bf4 man so i love the upgrade from the 360 to the xb1.

Xbox One S Gears of War 4 Limited Edition Bundle 2TB
Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Gears of War 4 Limited Edition
I'm so Happy I can now watch 4K HDR Movies
Gears of War 4 10_8_2016 2_14_40 PM.jpg

Sony XBR-75X850C - 75-Inch 3D 4K Ultra HD Smart Android LED HDTV

Last edited:
Back