Xbox One November Preview

HisSvt76

2[H]4U
Live to limited preview first wave
First thing I did was pick a game background finally!

http://majornelson.com/2014/10/20/x...sonalization-smartglass-features-now-preview/

Today is the day! With the November Xbox One System Update Preview, we’re bringing you new and exciting ways to watch TV and interact with the Xbox Live gaming community. Starting with a limited rollout to the first Preview group, participants will get the chance to check out these new features:

Show Who You Are –
◾Custom Backgrounds – Each account on your Xbox One can have a customized background, and you are able to choose a custom color or achievement art as your background on Xbox One, with more customization options coming down the road.
◾Gamer Profile: Bio and Location – You can now share your location and bio as part of your profile.
◾Gamer Profile: Showcase - You can now select a set of showcase items that are displayed when other gamers look at your profile on an Xbox One console. Add or remove up to six game clips or achievements that will be displayed in a carousel format.
◾Tweet about your Favorite Game Clips – You can now share your favorite Xbox One game clips with your followers on Twitter. Use the Share button on any game clip you have created and select Twitter to compose the Tweet.

A New Way to Watch TV –
◾Live TV Trending – Continuing in Preview, Live TV Trending ibe available in OneGuide that displays the top 20 most watched TV shows in your country, with the list filtered down to the shows that are currently available to you based on your OneGuide settings.
◾Twitter TV Trending – New this month in Preview (US only currently), you can see what Live TV is trending based on the highest number of tweets. The Trending tab in OneGuide is updated to display Twitter trending first and Xbox – Live TV Trending second.
◾Tweets in MiniGuide – See the actual tweets for the Live TV shows and quickly find the Twitter #hashtag to get your tweets to be displayed. Also, MiniGuide has been updated to include your favorite TV channels in a combined Recents and Favorites area and MiniGuide can now be activated via voice by saying “Xbox Select – MiniGuide” while watching TV.

Store improvements and SmartGlass updates –
◾Store improvements (Coming Soon!) – The Store pages on Xbox One have been improved to enable you to more quickly browse and find content.
◾Friends’ Game Activity on SmartGlass – You can now see a list of your friends that have played a given game within the Xbox One SmartGlass experience.
◾Games with Gold & Deals with Gold on SmartGlass – For gamers with an Xbox Live Gold subscription, you can browse “Free Games with Gold” and discounted content with Gold and initiate download of the content to your Xbox One console from your mobile device.
◾SmartGlass Store Improvements – We added a new section for Apps to make it easier to find and download apps for your Xbox One, as well as adding a Coming Soon filter for Games and Add Ons to make it easier to see upcoming Xbox One releases sorted by anticipated release date.

Internet Explorer updates –
◾Snap IE – From the Address Bar in Internet Explorer, you can now easily snap from a full screen experience and move Internet Explorer into snap mode.
◾Featured sites – Now, Internet Explorer will show a number when something is newly-added to featured sites.

Updates to the Preview dashboard app – In case you missed it, we introduced a way to track your feedback in the Program, and get awards. See this post for details.

These monthly updates Microsoft is rolling out to our XB1's is pretty damn awesome.

Loving these updates. Microsoft is doing such an awesome job at it. TAKE NOTE SONY!

It's cool I guess. The only one I care about is "Custom Background." Doubt I'll use anything else.

BTW you can import images using a flash drive for custom backgrounds

The latest Media Player update allows you to create customized Xbox One backgrounds using your own pictures. Here’s how it works:

Connect a USB to console / Connect a source through DLNA
Launch Media Player (either directly or through Settings>My Xbox > My background > Custom image)
Navigate to source of your choosing (USB/DLNA)
Navigate to folder/file of your choosing
Select the jpg/png image – see it full screen.
Once you are viewing the image full screen, hit the menu button.
Select “Set as background”
You will be sent back to the full screen view of the image. Hit nexus, see the image on Home.
To help select or create an image that will work best for the background, the Xbox Design Team created handy Photoshop template so you can see what parts of your pic will be blocked by the tiles. Download it here (Adobe Photoshop required to open): http://mjr.mn/XBOBackgrounds

So far the only thing I've done is update my background, using a Titanfall achievement photo, since it was quick and easy. Maybe this weekend I'll find a really nice photo to use.

It's cool I guess. The only one I care about is "Custom Background." Doubt I'll use anything else.

Agreed. A majority of the update seems to be changes to social media and its interaction. Do people other then big time streamers really tweet their Xbox events? Nothing very practical for those people that just want to play.

Back