Xbox One March Update - Beta Invites

Mr. Miyagi

2[H]4U
The March Update will bring a number of improvements to the Xbox One that have been missing.

Marc Whitten said:
Get to your friends list faster. The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say “Xbox, go to Friends” to see who’s online and what they’re up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.

Party chat will be turned on by default. When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.

Chat with friends playing different games. Party chat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.

We’re adding an “Invite friends to game” option to your multiplayer titles moving forward. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games’ menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting “Invite friends” will let you invite friends to your game and party.

We’re adding “Recent Players.” This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you’ve recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles.
Via Xbox Wire

Other information about the update:
March Update: Party and Friends
Twitch Streaming begins March 11th
Enables the use of the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter (I should receive my headset today and I will post my impressions/pictures)
Dolby Digital support over optical.
Adjust the TV volume increments for Kinect.

The main reason I created this thread is I'm currently in the beta now and testers have the privilege of inviting people, so why not help members of [H] out? Post your XBL gamer tag if you would like to join and I'll try to get you in. Words of caution: please read the terms of the beta if you're invited. You will not be able to join parties that are not in the Beta.

I would love to join! I hear they finally enabled Dolby Digital though optical and I really want to try out my new Steelseries H Wireless on my Xbox One.

TAG: SILKY SALAMANDR

Thanks again.

A friend of mine invited me to the update, but I haven't actually done the update yet. I'm hoping I can update my Xbox this weekend.

I would love to join! I hear they finally enabled Dolby Digital though optical and I really want to try out my new Steelseries H Wireless on my Xbox One.

TAG: SILKY SALAMANDR

Thanks again.

None of the audio is right for home theater people that's all ill say but it isn't on ps4 either. Still using a standalone player over either.

And if your in the beta go into settings and do your controller updates adds headset support and tweaks the sticks for the better

And if your in the beta go into settings and do your controller updates adds headset support and tweaks the sticks for the better

Its just the audio. The stick change was in the Feb update.

hi guys looks like I missed out on the invite for the march update preview and its making this a nightmare as most others I know have it.

is there anyone that could maybe hook me up?

gamertag: nocontractz

would appreciate it greatly!

cheers

hi guys looks like I missed out on the invite for the march update preview and its making this a nightmare as most others I know have it.

is there anyone that could maybe hook me up?

gamertag: nocontractz

would appreciate it greatly!

cheers

At this point its not really worth joining. The first part of the update pushes to everyone March 4th then one more I believe right before Titanfall.

The differences are awesome though but remember if you did get in and install the updates you can only interact with people who ALSO have the same exact updates you do. So if you wanna be cut off from joining your friends party's and games then go for it but at this point its not worth it.

hi god thanks for the reply to my points. yeh most of my friends the few I have on xbox one have it and I cant join their games because of it so I was really hoping to get an invite because of this. GT: nocontractz

Last edited:
hello, id be most grateful if you invited me to the xbox one update, cheers my gamertag is Ninjasplinter

cheers

Where do you change the audio at? I don't even know if my system updated but I'm registered and got the message from the app saying it's complete

Last edited:
Where do you change the audio at? I don't even know if my system updated but I'm registered and got the message from the app saying it's complete

You will know when you get the update after you wake the system and you get a green progress bar as it updates. It can take a bit after you register to get it

You will know when you get the update after you wake the system and you get a green progress bar as it updates. It can take a bit after you register to get it

I thought it might of been like the ps3 how it auto downloads and installs when you have ps+
I miss my surround sound on my headphones, its made call of duty unplayable for me without it

I thought it might of been like the ps3 how it auto downloads and installs when you have ps+
I miss my surround sound on my headphones, its made call of duty unplayable for me without it

I does download while sleeping but installs upon wake up, ps3,ps4 do the same thing

I got the invite from Microsoft as a message on my xbone but none of my friends got the message. I'm trying to invite all of them

I put in invite requests for damn near every gamertag posted here so good luck

Hello guys i'm facing lot of black screen problems if anyone can invite me for this preview update i'll really appreciate.

My gametarg is Wish82 and i'll be more than happy to chat, play with yoy

I'm just hoping for a fix for the black screen of death and the random issues with my Xbox not responding to "yes" and "no" when I tell it to turn off.

I'm just hoping for a fix for the black screen of death and the random issues with my Xbox not responding to "yes" and "no" when I tell it to turn off.

Since beta I have not experienced either of those and Kinect sign in recognitions have been much improved. Isn't really a black screen of death that's over dramatically stating it holding the power button for ten seconds cured that clears cache and reboots it.

Back