Xbox One January preview

HisSvt76

2[H]4U
The first update of the 1502 February Preview available to all members beginning at 6PM on 1/13. This initial update contains several new features, so be sure to check them out!

HOW TO GET IT
◾If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
◾NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
◾If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PDT 1/15/2014, you will be prompted to do so at that time..

DETAILS

OS version released: xb_rel_1502.150108-2200
Available: 6:00PM PT 1/13 (2AM GMT 1/14)

NEW EXPERIENCES

For details on these items, please visit the February Announcement post.
◾Game hubs. Game hubs display interesting content around your favorite games. To access, find a game in your pins, recently played list, or My games and apps, then press the Menu button and select View game hub. You can also search for any game in the Xbox Store and click on the game hub tile from the game’s store page.

◾Custom backgrounds and tile transparency – Update for additional tile transparency to the Home tiles to make your background images more visible. As a reminder, to set a custom background, go to Settings > My Xbox > My background. Note: some items can’t be made transparent due to usage rights/restrictions for certain images.

◾TV updates –
◾OneGuide for the Netherlands (continued).
◾TV trending in OneGuide (US, UK, Canada).
◾Live TV trending (new countries).
◾Improved control of TVs, set-top boxes and audio/video receivers.
◾“Trick play” with Xbox One Digital TV Tuner
◾Live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android

KNOWN ISSUES

Please report any issues you discover via the Feedback app (available via the Report a problem tile in the Xbox Preview Dashboard) or via the forums.

FEATURED FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITIES

We have a new quest and a new survey for you to complete!
◾"Xbox, On!" Survey: If you use the Xbox, On voice command to turn on your console, take this survey to let us know about your experience!
◾I see through you! Quest: Set a custom background, then tell us what you think of the new transparent tile feature.

Thank you for your participation in the Preview program!

245MB Go Get It!

More in depth

Happy New Year! We hope you had the chance to spend time with family and catch up on your gaming backlogs last month.

It’s now time to get the Preview train rolling again! Starting today, all Preview users can download the initial update preview for the February (1502) update. This update comes bearing some cool new features, including the below:

◾Game hubs– Game hubs are the go-to centers for all sorts of interesting content around your favorite games. Every Xbox One game will have a game hub where you can see which of your friends are playing the game, compete with your friends in game leaderboards, dive into the coolest game clips and game broadcasts, and follow the game’s VIPs and top players ◾To get to the game hub for your favorite game, find a game in your pins, recently played list, or My games and apps, then press the Menu button and select View game hub.

◾Custom backgrounds and tile transparency – We listened to your feedback and added additional tile transparency to the Home tiles to make your background images more visible. As a reminder, to set a custom background, go to Settings > My Xbox > My background. Note: some items can’t be made transparent due to usage rights/restrictions for certain images.

◾TV updates – We’re releasing a lot of updates to the live TV experience and features are being released to additional countries in preview this month: ◾OneGuide for the Netherlands– Support for OneGuide will continue in preview for the Netherlands, the missing channels for the Netherlands OneGuide listings will become available over the next few weeks.

◾TV trending in OneGuide – As you scan the detailed OneGuide TV listings, you can see which shows are trending by a “Trending on Xbox” note and associated icon. Xbox – live TV trending is based on the number of Xbox One owners currently watching that show in each country, pulled from anonymous data collected at a national level. Currently, Xbox TV trending is available to all members in US, UK and Canada.

◾Live TV trending (new countries) – France, Germany, Brazil and Mexico will begin seeing live TV trending data in Xbox OneGuide.

◾Improved control of TVs, set-top boxes and audio/video receivers – This month’s preview release contains updates to the IR blasting database for new models and addresses issues reported by our fan community.

◾“Trick play” with Xbox One Digital TV Tuner – Preview members with the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner in supported countries (UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain) will now be able to see video frames when fast-forwarding or rewinding paused TV on your Xbox One consoles.

◾Live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android – We are continuing the preview of live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android devices for Xbox One Digital TV Tuner owners in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

As always, please check the “Current Version” widget on the main forums page for the OS Version number that is current. Don’t forget to check the Preview Dashboard app for Quests and Surveys that you can take to increase your Preview Points, and start climbing those leaderboards! More will be added throughout the wave, so check back often!

Thanks for your participation in the Xbox Preview Program, and thanks for your feedback!

What's different about the game hub that is not already on the game page other than seeing what your friends have done? I'm not a member yet but plan on going that route here soon. Are there any screenshots?

Back