Xbox One Interview of the Day

Angry Joe needs to learn how to conduct an interview. If he wouldn't have spazzed like he did, he might have actually got to finish the interview. Major Nelson walked all over him the entire interview.

Like I said...train wreck....from BOTH side of that interview.

Have to agree. You need to be professional and not come across like a spastic 15 year old after 5 Red Bulls. Those kinds of interviews are fucking pointless , nothing gets logically discussed , just lots of bullshit between the interviewer and interviewee.

I like Joe and all but I would have rather seen an honest evaluation from say Adam Sessler in an interview with Major Nelson.

I am no supporter of the Xbox One either.

Have to agree. You need to be professional and not come across like a spastic 15 year old after 5 Red Bulls. Those kinds of interviews are fucking pointless , nothing gets logically discussed , just lots of bullshit between the interviewer and interviewee.

I like Joe and all but I would have rather seen an honest evaluation from say Adam Sessler in an interview with Major Nelson.

I am no supporter of the Xbox One either.

Angry Joe is by no means a professional but rather just a youtube video game reviewer. That is possibly why he was able to get the interview to last as long as it did in the first place. If someone with some actual talent was interviewing him it likely would have been shut down in just a question or two....possibly not done in the first place. Interviewing with people you can walk all over is far better than interviewing people who are skilled in the art of interviewing.

Mr Nelson is nothing but a PR goon for MS.

The thing that bugged me until I realized it was a microphone. Why the hell did Major Nelson have a mocap ball glued to his face. Then I realized it was a mike.

The xbone is the biggest change to console gaming since the original Xbox came out. The original xbox really ushered in the world of online play into consoles. Both the PS3 and xbox had the ability for digital delivery of games. Heck I have had a few. (still do I suppose.) but the Xbone will be the one to step on the throttle. (like the xbox did for online play.)

I look forward to seeing where this takes us. But this insane level of DRM is a joke and the 48 or 24 or whatever interval for online check in is a joke. There are xbox 360 owners in the world that do not have broadband of any sort. And having to tether the xbone to their phone to check in is just a hassle. They do not want that funtionality. Hell my inlaws have a 360 but no HD. That's right NO HD. It will be a long shot.. as in CRAZY LONG shot for them to even consider getting this new xbone. Especially with no backwards compatibility.

This isn't targeted to that market anyway. If you live in rural US, your not going to be the market audience for that XBone. They want the college crowd and urban dwellers. That's who they want to market to and get moeny from. They want people with cable bills of 250 + a month, with broadband pipes that make those of us that remember 2400 baud and slower to just shake our heads at. (oh and use.. we will TOTALLY use that broadband.) They want Mr HD TV already wanting to buy the NEW beyond HD tv and they want the xbone to run it. To manage everything for them.

Me I want a gaming console, to go with my discreet amplifier, the only real multi function devices I have in my rack at home are the cable box/dvr, and PS3/Blue ray player.

If sony came out and said we are making the Ps4 able to be your entertainment hub with all of that neat functionality you imagine like skype calls of viewrs watching the show your watching or streaming your viewing of the red wedding to the internets with 8 of your buddies watching it from home for the first time. THEN you would sell me. But make it an on or off kind of thing. Don't intrude on my world and make it all in one. I like discreet. If I had the money my systems would all be discreet.

You see the xbone is really just a merger of the xbox and that microsoft set top box from a decade ago. (anyone else remember that bad boy? ) This is the next step.

Just imagine being able to watch a movie and have the product placement be interactive.

Yea not for me.

I agree I do think people are making a little bit of a bigger deal about the internet connection that warranted (for most people).

share with 10 friends is cool, selling or transferring digitally is cool too.

Moving to digital/cloud like steam is just different, it will be better in somethings and not as good in other areas. Is this surprising? Almost all advancement is like this. Cars now have computers, which some complain remove the garage mechanic, which it can/does. At the same time though, gas efficiency, cool features are way up because of them. Gotta balance both positive and negative...

I'd take this family sharing any day over being able to sell used games (used games situation is same for xbo and ps4).

I won't play on console even they gave them for free but what if I want to share my game/library with someone who isn't family?

My Steam account has been shared numerous times with different friends. Never with a family member.

A few years ago someone mentioned this is in violation with Steam EULA, but I don't give a crap. It's not like any stupid agreement outweighs actual laws. It is MINE. I can do whatever I want with it.

I won't play on console even they gave them for free but what if I want to share my game/library with someone who isn't family?

My Steam account has been shared numerous times with different friends. Never with a family member.

A few years ago someone mentioned this is in violation with Steam EULA, but I don't give a crap. It's not like any stupid agreement outweighs actual laws. It is MINE. I can do whatever I want with it.

Exactly. Those people defending these decisions by Microsoft with regards to the DRM of the xbone typically bring up Steam as an argument.

Steam has offline mode. End of discussion.

Exactly. Those people defending these decisions by Microsoft with regards to the DRM of the xbone typically bring up Steam as an argument.

Steam has offline mode. End of discussion.

Steam is for PC gaming. I can make a list of things that PC's are good for and consoles aren't and vice versa. Using Steam as an argument is crap. For most games, I don't HAVE to buy via Steam. Similar to the current way Xbox 360/PS3/Wii/NDS games - you can buy them in the online store and download them to your single console. If you look at it that way, the Xbox One has the advantage. But, if I go to the store and buy the physical media, I have a lot more access to do what I want with that media - sell it, loan it out, rent, etc., which is a huge benefit of consoles. PC's are usually one guy sitting there, playing by himself or online with little social interaction outside the game (while in-game, of course). With consoles, you can have friends in the same room, playing with you or online. It's more open and social.

Xbox One is the future. But, I have a feeling that they are putting these things in all at once way before their time. Too much, too soon (which is the extreme opposite of too little, too late). There needs to be a happy medium. Having publishers have the final say on DRM with regards to used games, loaning, etc. is good, but I have a feeling that won't be too hot with Microsoft's influence.

Also, I can loan a game out to a friend. With PS4 (or Xbox 360), I take the disc over, pop it in and play. With One, I sign it out online, wait several hours for it to download then play it at my friends house. If he has the 1.5Mb connection (as many do), then it could be an overnight download. So fun! :rolleyes:

Xbox One looks like a nice machine. Some great games. But, compared to the competition, it's not the BEST machine. Which is what I want. Why buy an inferior product for more money? If you like the Microsoft exclusives, fine. Otherwise, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

To get me to buy:
*Remove restrictive 24 hours internet checkin.
*Remove restrictions for selling&buying used games.
*Make a version that costs less and gets rid of the Kinect module. I won't use that.

There. Simple, easy to do (No, I'm not a developer, but it can't be too difficult!).

Personally, I thought the interview was a bit spastic, but he did ask a lot of good questions. Some were answered well, others were answered like a dick. Larry usually gets my full respect, but this time it sounded like the same Microsoft BS I've heard lately - the consumer is wrong, but we are right - this is the fucking future! You don't want to go to the future?! You're a fucking idiot! Cloud transistors are the future!

Cringe worthy for sure

I started to watch this the other day. Today I will watch it to the end.

Of course Microsoft is going to shutdown their servers no matter what Major Douchebag says. They've proven it time and time again. Original Xbox servers have been shutdown. Halo 2 for the PC servers have been shutdown. MS Gaming Zone servers have been shutdown, etc. I could go on and on about MS abandoning products and services.

I could care less about DRM or internet connection checks... I am more pissed off that it won't actually work as a DVR. Man would I love to get back the $15 a month I pay comcast for their DVR service.

major nelson is a douche. everyone knows you dont need to connect to their servers a single time every single day for anything other than DRM. he should know he's not fooling anyone. also, he says the cloud is the way we're heading, and he may be right. however, WE ARE NOT THERE NOW. in the future, yes, we will have no data caps, reliable, fast connections, etc. right now we do not have this and should not act like we do. i am not a console gamer but i am considering getting a PS4 just as a fuck you to MS on this gen. man i hope PS4 outsells XBone 5 to 1. that would be amazing.

He looked up, waved his arms into the air, and said "But this is the future!"

Need I say more?

I could care less about DRM or internet connection checks... I am more pissed off that it won't actually work as a DVR. Man would I love to get back the $15 a month I pay comcast for their DVR service.

Is that sarcasm I detect? I'm guessing that's sarcasem. :p

More Microsoft bullshit forcing and shoving "features" that users don't want or need.
Windows 8, Surface RT, Office 365, and XBOne; they all completely fail.

All of this "always on" requirements are terrible.
Microsoft is already burning, but this will turn them to ashes.

MS has obviously been hammered w/ bad press regarding the "always connected" aspect of their console (and for good reason).

One way they could try to spin this around and remedy the situation is by using the massive amount of power they have and pushing for better, stronger, and more affordable connectivity around the world.

MS: You want the world to move to the Cloud? Pave the roadway to take us there! Push to make it happen. Come and pave it! Right now, I've barely got a dirt road to work with.

I own a Xbox360(only had it RROD 1 time). I never owned a PS3 however I've borrowed a friends to play exclusives that I didn't want to miss out on. I primarily play PC games now.

Here's a few things.

1) I 100% want install, disc free playing just like my PC(Steam). With PS4, you always need the disc and to sell a disc you need to send them the disc, with Xbox you can just pass your key and voila the other guy half way around the world(region lock may disagree) can install it and go, no need to ship. If you have family, regardless of their location on the planet(region lock may be an issue), if they are on your plan, they can play your game. That's 1 copy between 10 people, across multiple devices...Sony doesn't allow this currently without physically sharing the disk. He also said that while they have said 1 time only, they are willing to work with dev/pubs to change this. The people hurt by having this be more times is the devs/pubs, not MS.

Man...are you ever setting yourself up to be let down by the xb1.

People who own PS3's tell me they've been buying games "digitally" for awhile now--and downloading them direct to their hard drives and playing them--right from the Internet--gosh almighty!

People have been downloading games direct to their computers for years--nothing new at all. Maybe you didn't realize it--but the "digital" files on your hard drive are the *exact* same "digital" files you find on an installation DVD. So whether you download your games or buy them on a disk it is *all* 100% "digital." What you are hearing from Microsoft is *marketing*--not fact.

There is no "call home once a day" requirement for the PS4 or for Steam (which people like to reference for some reason even though Steam is far different and allows offline game play), and there is no limit to how many times a PS4 game copy may be sold and played, sold and played again--the number is infinite--only limited by whether an owner decides to keep his copy or whether anyone can be found who wants to buy the game...;) Contrast that with the xb1 letting you sell a game copy once, and only once--and the person who buys your game (or whomever you give it to or trade it to) *cannot* himself turn around and resell it! End of the line for that copy. Done. Knowing that, how many people will be interested in buying your xb1 game copy?

And how is Microsoft going to accomplish all of that management? --duh...That's what the Internet connection is required for! But more on that in a moment.

2)He didn't say they couldn't do steam leveled sales, however the problem devs/publishers have currently is the licensing fees for consoles. These fees can be huge so selling your game for $5 may be a complete loss and a waste of time. I believe this is why you don't see MS or PSN sales go very low. I don't see that changing with this generation so expect PC sales to continue to be WAY better.

It seems like you are trying to say something here--something like "selling your used console games isn't worth it," or something to that effect, and so you're better off just keeping your games. Well, with a PC or a PS4, you can do both, or either, or neither. The choice is yours. It's a choice Microsoft doesn't allow you to make on your own--you have to have their permission beforehand--and if you don't get it, then you can't sell it or give it away or whatever. And it's your property--not Microsoft's--because you paid for it. I think that's a decision most people would rather make for themselves.

3) I 100% agree a full digital cloud based system is the future so I'm excited that there's an option coming. With cloud computing, they could potentially end up selling a xbox for $1(hardware being pretty simple) and have all the compute happen on the cloud eventually. I find it funny that Sony said they can do it too...it's not impossible for them to implement this, though what Sony essentially said was sure, devs can do it, but it won't be Sony compute servers doing the work, so be their guest if a company wants to shell out the cash for them. Noone will.

Ah, "pie-in-the-sky" computing...;) I see you've bought into the marketing spiel 100%, and I think that's too bad.

Someday--someone (according to Microsoft)--is going to decide to "use the cloud" to do all of this advanced computational work for a *gameworld* and then stream it back via the 'net to the client machines. That's what Microsoft marketing is saying at the moment. You do know, I hope, that *Microsoft* has no intention of itself ever doing anything like that for xb1...! I mean, I hope you understand that clearly--and that all of this is simply Microsoft trying to lead you to the phoney conclusion that the "cloud" is more than just the place where the *games you buy* will be stored--so that Microsoft will retain possession of those games and will have the power to tell you when and how you can play them.

Do you remember the game "SimCity" recently released by EA? People were really pissed about the on-line requirement for the game, because SimCity is traditionally a single-player game. Anyway, in the beginning, some EA exec came out and publicly lied and said the game *had* to be online because of all the *computational* power that the game needed that could not be found locally in the client computer. Well, the short of it is that when the dust cleared it was revealed that EA had lied about that--flat lied--and that the *only* thing that the game needed the online connection for was *saving games* and that's because the game was deliberately written to do that--all of the "computational power" it turned out was indeed being supplied 100% by the local client computer and the cloud was "pre-computing and streaming back" exactly 0% of the game data! Nothing--nada-zip-zilch--zero! Why bring that up? Because Microsoft is doing the *same thing* here with the nonsense it is spewing about the cloud.

You are living in a fantasy world if you believe that--and Microsoft will be the first one to say, "We never said that!" should you complain about the xb1 *not doing that*...;) It's not going to stream back pre-computed data--not ever. You watch and see.

I've never owned a console and won't own either of these. The PC is a lot better, no matter what idiotic EA executives may say. But if you would like--and I'll be perfectly blunt to stress the point--Microsoft to take your balls and snip them off and lock them away somewhere--just buy an xb1. Go ahead--buy one! And then get ready to hear the shears a'snippin', and getting closer & closer by the second...;) (About the only thing here I'm not sure of is whether the amputation of your family jewels will be painless--I've still got mine, so I don't know.)

As much as I dislike "major nelson" and his marketing spiel, joe's spastic nonsense was a waste of time so it's no wonder the guy from MS treated him that way. Acting like a spaz to get views on youtube or whatever while ranting and bitching about videogames, movies, music, etc. does not translate to real world interactions with the people involved in the actual businesses.

Speaking of spastic youtube "reviewers", wasn't this the same guy that interviewed some of the people in charge of the VGA's complaining that there were no PC games so the VGA guy just walked all over him the same way by pointing out the 1 or 2 PC games they had shown?

If he wants to conduct an interview, then he needs to do just that. Ask the question, accept the answer as being what they want to tell him, then move on to the next question. Not spazz out because he didn't like the response and end up losing an argument with a well trained 400 pound marketing gorilla.

The biggest issue BY FAR (imo) is the fact that the Kinect sensor watches and listens to you 24/7...and can even keep movies from playing if someone is in your house that doesn't live there.

Fuck. That. If I buy a movie I should be able to invite 100,000 people over to watch it if I so choose(so long as I don't charge them for it).

The DRM isn't the best thing in the world, but I could live with it...but MS spying on me is too far.

Speaking of spastic youtube "reviewers", wasn't this the same guy that interviewed some of the people in charge of the VGA's complaining that there were no PC games so the VGA guy just walked all over him the same way by pointing out the 1 or 2 PC games they had shown?

Yup, exact same guy.... :(

Sitting in front of a webcam in your kitchen being "angry" for YouTube clicks is one thing, but dude seriously needs to get a grip when he is interviewing people or no one will ever take him seriously.

Acting like he didn't have time to ask the "good questions" was beyond retarded, he had Major nailed down for 10 minutes at least.

BTW, just for the record, Larry (Major Nelson) might be a company man through and through but he is a hell of a nice guy in realy life.

BTW, just for the record, Larry (Major Nelson) might be a company man through and through but he is a hell of a nice guy in realy life.

Everyone that talks about him says that hes a nice guy.

I haven't seen anything that shows he is. :confused:

Yup, exact same guy.... :(

Sitting in front of a webcam in your kitchen being "angry" for YouTube clicks is one thing, but dude seriously needs to get a grip when he is interviewing people or no one will ever take him seriously.

Acting like he didn't have time to ask the "good questions" was beyond retarded, he had Major nailed down for 10 minutes at least.

Yeah, I thought it was him. same goofball "character" and all. He should have asked the question, let the man answer and shoot himself in the foot(if possible) then move on to the next question. Really the only time he should have opened his mouth other than asking questions would be to get better clarification of something. It's not even a matter of this guy needing more experience conducting interviews, he absolutely sucks at it. Considering he's bombed this exact same way before, he should quit or watch some actual interviews to learn how to handle himself.

Heck, even at the start of the interview he sets himself up by pointing out that the last time he met Larry he made some assinine comment about him not "looking like a gamer". If Larry really did recognize him, he should have left that part out rather than starting off on the losing end of a fight(that didn't even need to be a fight).

"Hey, I know you! You're here to ask some questions!"
"Yeah man, remember me? I'm the guy that made an ass out of myself!"
"Uhh.. yeah.."

I don't think any interview, debate, or conversation has ever gone well starting off like that.

He just might be. But when you're talking to a marketing guy, in an environment(trade show) where he's doing his job(marketing), you get Larry The Marketing Guy, not Major Nelson The Cool Guy.

What about the Connect thing always being in your living room always watching and learning? Doesn't any one think that having a spy device in your living room is just wrong? Especially with all the NSA bullshit going on?
What about if you get banned do you loose all your games as well? There are always some that doesn't cheat get called a cheater (kinda like the Autistic boy).

What about the Connect thing always being in your living room always watching and learning? Doesn't any one think that having a spy device in your living room is just wrong? Especially with all the NSA bullshit going on?
What about if you get banned do you loose all your games as well? There are always some that doesn't cheat get called a cheater (kinda like the Autistic boy).

I recall hardocp posting an article recently that indicated MS wouldn't block banned users from playing games, that the bans only applied to multiplayer.

As far as the kinect.. well if Angry Joe hadn't flipped out like an idiot for 10 minutes he might have been able to ask about that.

All PR people are "nice guys", that's their job, they are paid to suck up to people and make you love their whatever because you like them. :D

However, he seriously comes across here as being annoying and as creepy as fuck!! :eek:

Can install on the PS4 too. Or do digital downloads that are tied to your PSN account.

PSN gives away games every month. And the PS3 has a very robust indy scene compared to the 360 (probably because of MSFT's forced payments and mandatory paid DLC)

Cloud is a gimmick, just like 3d? Why?

1: 70% of the planet can't use the cloud
2: The cloud is slow (ASDL 768/1.5mbit is still the majority of connections in the US)
3: The cloud is unreliable (server downtime, both planned and unplanned)

Even big business has figured this out on their own; they are doing locally based clouds with on-site databases.
The term "cloud" is relative. Whether you like it or not, our basic computing needs (and enterprise needs) are being powered by large data centers more and more every year. The issue is who runs the data centers and who controls the actual data.

For government and large enterprises, they largely can do it themselves. Smaller shops will go to 3rd party services because it's cheaper for them in the short term.

You guys could listen to that ear piercing audio for more than 6 seconds?

Angry Joe is the shit!

Check out his Aliens :Colonial Marines review.:D

Why? So we can watch a 15 minute video of him spazzing out in front of the camera? This is just a wild guess:

15 minutes.
Wears a silly outfit.
Rants and raves about things repeatedly.
Has some unfunny running gag in it because it's in his other videos.
Could have edited it down to 5-7 minutes and got the point across.
Complains about what happened to his favorite movie franchise.
Has a "cameo" from some other "reviewer".
Gripes about an FPS being like CoD.

Since you seem to have watched it, let me know how close I am. If I'm way off, I'll go watch it just to be shown that my assumptions were wrong.

we are all agaisnt it but lets be serious there still going to be alot of kiddies and gangstaa's who are going to buy because its a brand new xbox!

.......But when you're talking to a marketing guy, in an environment(trade show) where he's doing his job(marketing), you get Larry The Marketing Guy, not Major Nelson The Cool Guy.

I"m not singling you out.. just quoting for reference. But anyone that thinks Marketing "Guys" are nice (or somehow different) after hours or while not on the job are kidding themselves! It takes a special kind of person to hold down a job (especially high profile) that REQUIRES you to spew absolute piffle and act like its completely sane and "dandy". You can't just go home and be an actual down to earth "nice guy".

Sure he may not kick the neighbours dog or go on a bombing spree... but talking absolute BS, avoiding actually answering, pulling predetermined PR responses and generally believing that the world runs on Magic & Fking Rainbows indicates otherwise. PERIOD.

people also need to cut Angry Joe slack. He's not an interviewer. He clearly states this if you would actually know how and where this interview eventuated. And i would actually class Joe as a nice guy above and beyond Major BS Nelson. Joe is being heckled buy MJ's handler and being heckled for asking the big questions (which he never got to answer because they canned the interview because it was starting to step on their Magic & Rainbows).

People need to get their heads out of the clouds. I'm sick to death of that term!!!! The cloud is the current PR DreamBoat! It seems i can't escape it. And now its ruining one of my (former) relaxing pass-times and sticking its head into gaming and royally screwing it up as well.

facepalm_statue.jpg

I"m not singling you out.. just quoting for reference. But anyone that thinks Marketing "Guys" are nice (or somehow different) after hours or while not on the job are kidding themselves! It takes a special kind of person to hold down a job (especially high profile) that REQUIRES you to spew absolute piffle and act like its completely sane and "dandy". You can't just go home and be an actual down to earth "nice guy".

Sure he may not kick the neighbours dog or go on a bombing spree... but talking absolute BS, avoiding actually answering, pulling predetermined PR responses and generally believing that the world runs on Magic & Fking Rainbows indicates otherwise. PERIOD.

people also need to cut Angry Joe slack. He's not an interviewer. He clearly states this if you would actually know how and where this interview eventuated. And i would actually class Joe as a nice guy above and beyond Major BS Nelson. Joe is being heckled buy MJ's handler and being heckled for asking the big questions (which he never got to answer because they canned the interview because it was starting to step on their Magic & Rainbows).

People need to get their heads out of the clouds. I'm sick to death of that term!!!! The cloud is the current PR DreamBoat! It seems i can't escape it. And now its ruining one of my (former) relaxing pass-times and sticking its head into gaming and royally screwing it up as well.

Whoa :eek: That gave me brain farts like a mofo :eek:

Why he just didn't ask MN - "Please explain the whole aspect of used games for the Xbox One and how it works without confusing the shit out of everyone?"

MS have just taken what was a very simple concept and just chosen the most baffling and overly tedious process to manage it.

The 24 hour hook up is not an issue for me and neither is the used game aspect as I don't use them but but boy this current group of Xbox Execs have really tied everything up in knots. Why so complicated for everyone else?

I really wonder at the business background of these guys.

My industry (Defense) is moving in the direction I described. Granted though, data security has a little to do with that. And a number of businesses are moving to the local cloud system after various data breaches/service loss.
Ah, I can see where that would make sense for defense contractors. I work for a large cloud software vendor and we sell mostly to the private rather than public sector. Data security is hugely important here as well though.

Back