Xbox One Interview of the Day

PSN gives away games every month. And the PS3 has a very robust indy scene compared to the 360 (probably because of MSFT's forced payments and mandatory paid DLC)

XBL gives away games every month, and you get to keep playing it even if you stop paying for live, unlike Sony's protection racket.

XBLA also has dozens of titles that go on sale every week, for 50-80% off. With that and Bing Rewards giving me store credit most of the XBLA games I have were also free.

What about the Connect thing always being in your living room always watching and learning? Doesn't any one think that having a spy device in your living room is just wrong? Especially with all the NSA bullshit going on?
What about if you get banned do you loose all your games as well? There are always some that doesn't cheat get called a cheater (kinda like the Autistic boy).

It is possible to set up a cell phone as a roving bug, activating the gps, camera, and microphone remotely without the user knowing. the FBI uses this there are actual court cases where data obtained in this way was used by the prosecution.

yet plenty of people still buy cell phone's. and that issue is much more real than all the crap Sony PR is trying to make up about Kinect.

XBL gives away games every month, and you get to keep playing it even if you stop paying for live, unlike Sony's protection racket.

XBLA also has dozens of titles that go on sale every week, for 50-80% off. With that and Bing Rewards giving me store credit most of the XBLA games I have were also free.

Your XBL service must be better on the planet you’re on. I’ve been with XBL since Halo 2 on original Xbox. I think I can count on one hand all the free stuff they have given.

There "sales' are laughable at best. Most of them don’t even beat Gamestop’s NEW pricing.

The only way MS could handle this worse than they are now is to stab the interviewer and steal his wallet.

I don't need a Kinect but I'm guessing I can just stuff it behind the TV unit under a pile of magazines.

A lot of the top IT issues most folks are currently moaning about tends for me to fall into this category -

To quote Blackadder the Second -

Sir Walter Raleigh - "It can rain so hard it makes your head bleed!"

Edmund Blackadder - "So some form of hat is in order?"

A seemingly insurmountable problem to some with such a simple solution to others.

I think Joe did good considering it was very last minute and he was going on practically no sleep for the past few days. Also, he's the first to admit he needs development with his interviewing skills, and that he's really justa humble "average joe" game enthusiast.

I'm sure Major Nelson is an ok guy in real life, like many of these folks who really seem like dicks on camera... they are just trying to do their job most likely, nobody is perfect, man of us get frustrated for whatever reason and that comes across pretty clear when dealing with someone who is honest at heart. Anyways, you can't blame or attack ML for the stupidity that is XBone - those decisions come from higher up and from MANY people.

Handle this in one simple way: don't buy the console :p

I really like how he brought up "family share" as this new great thing that steam does not do, then today we see Steam might be doing it... lol

I don't need a Kinect but I'm guessing I can just stuff it behind the TV unit under a pile of magazines.
How cool would it be if Sony came out with an enclosure for Kinect, to stop it from being able to see/hear... it might be necessary anyways if you also plan to play PS4, Kinect might try to take over during certain cues :p

A lot of the top IT issues most folks are currently moaning about tends for me to fall into this category -

To quote Blackadder the Second -

Sir Walter Raleigh - "It can rain so hard it makes your head bleed!"

Edmund Blackadder - "So some form of hat is in order?"

A seemingly insurmountable problem to some with such a simple solution to others.

There's a reason why the Kinect 2 is mandatory. Whether it's for facial recognition of family members to access your 'library', or its TV features. You won't be able to just hide the thing, Microsoft wants you to use it. Whether you like it, or not.

The problem is that MS has introduced several features and systems that really should have been introduced over maybe two or even three console generations. A lot of what they have done, Sony and Nintendo will probably have to follow on in time.

Instead they have decided to take the pain and pull them all into this generation. Whether that works for them...I dunno.

There's a reason why the Kinect 2 is mandatory. Whether it's for facial recognition of family members to access your 'library', or its TV features. You won't be able to just hide the thing, Microsoft wants you to use it. Whether you like it, or not.

Well I guess we'll see in time.

It is possible to set up a cell phone as a roving bug, activating the gps, camera, and microphone remotely without the user knowing. the FBI uses this there are actual court cases where data obtained in this way was used by the prosecution.

yet plenty of people still buy cell phone's. and that issue is much more real than all the crap Sony PR is trying to make up about Kinect.

Most people do not believe or know about this.
If when when I need to run silent the cell phone will meet the sledgehammer first thing...

Snowden in statements he made on forums on Ars suggested that the XBOX360 was being used to spy on people, or "folks" as Obama calls them. Does anyone besides me find the term "folks" to be a condecending insult when a politician uses it? It just screams the fact that he probably calls people fucktards behind closed doors. Sorry for the digression.

MN is a corp stooge.

Wow I used to like major nelson back when j allard peter moore ran the show. it is sad it has come to this where he is taking the heat for stuff he most likely did not choose to happen and I can see why he is getting pissed having to defend it. he came out with good stuff on the xbox 360 like achivments.

in fact j allard would often tell the suits at microsft to stuff it. and would focas on innovations on making good game machine people would want that is why it took off

in fact if he was still there i do not think microsoft would be in this mess and they would be shipping his tablet not the crap windows 8 tablets that took desktop windows down with it,

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-2...y-of-how-microsoft-killed-its-courier-tablet/

allard_j_a007_270x405.jpg

microsoft would be smart to get this man back at any cost he was the only dude at microsoft that knows what people want and innovated correct.

him and peter moore worked well then they both left and that dumbass don matrick came in and brought in this kinect crap and everything went to hell slowly and that is how things got the way they are.

in fact most of the people that knew what they fuck they was doing on the 1st xbox and xbox 360 are gone at microsoft and you can see what the hell happend it is a disaster of the extreme and even the old xbox team members think the way xbox is going sucks. I am sure major nelson has no choice but to say this crap but he is thinking other wise and has to defend it if he wants to or not while people act like he is the dude who did it and it would piss me off too.

even if they removed the DRM it is still a TV and kinect crap that nobody wants and games are shoved to the side and it is with the thing at all times.

http://ilikecode.wordpress.com/2013/02/12/stupid-stupid-xbox/

http://ilikecode.wordpress.com/2013/05/21/xing-my-fingers-about-xbox/

http://www.alexstjohn.com/WP/2013/05/30/salvaging-the-xbox-one/

Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb is the Xbox Live Director of Programming. he would not call the DRM shots or just about any other thing people are pissed about. he only controls content of what music or videos get put up on xbox live AKA the netflix or pizza hit apps or if you can download episodes of southpark his podcast the old inside xbox, 1 vs100 etc.

So he has to help clean up microsoft mistake and he did not even call any of the shots and it was never part of his job I would be pissed too if I had to do this over and over again and spout the same PR junk from the suits upstairs..

Not really fair to take it out on major nelson he is not the suit that calls those shots most of them do not even show up to be interviewed and just stay hidden in the office like spinless wimps. don mattrick is the dude and some of the other guys who don't come out that call these shots. Oh and where the hell is steve balmer during all this nothing would go by microsoft with out him seeing it he should be out cleaning this up not major nelson.

in fact most of the people that knew what they fuck they was doing on the 1st xbox and xbox 360 are gone at microsoft and you can see what the hell happend it is a disaster of the extreme and even the old xbox team members think the way xbox is going sucks. I am sure major nelson has no choice but to say this crap but he is thinking other wise and has to defend it if he wants to or not while people act like he is the dude who did it and it would piss me off too.

even if they removed the DRM it is still a TV and kinect crap that nobody wants and games are shoved to the side and it is with the thing at all times.

http://ilikecode.wordpress.com/2013/02/12/stupid-stupid-xbox/

http://ilikecode.wordpress.com/2013/05/21/xing-my-fingers-about-xbox/

http://www.alexstjohn.com/WP/2013/05/30/salvaging-the-xbox-one/

I liked this quote from on of those blogs -

"His point that xBox is being run and guided by non-hardcore-gamers and old-dudes who think more about places to watch Sponge Bob and listen to music than they do about games is particularly spot-on."

Back