Xbox One Demand "Through The Roof", Could Outship PS4 3-to-1

This is funny, if you look back at a ton of post here and other sites...its all...fail this, MS fail that, fail fail fail.. blah blah blah.
Fan-boy or not, MS is years ahead of Sony all because of Xbox live.
Love it or hate it, they have an infrastructure that Sony is now trying to emulate and it will take a long time to catch up.
With both machines being "basically" equal, its all about content and MS has this in spades.
I have never considered buying a console, but MS is really pushing me in that direction. Steam, mods and the flexibility to use mouse/keyboard/game-pads, are some of the main reasons i play on PC.
If MS assimilates those things... i might be joining the hive.

I'm thinking that after the Sony PS3 (great system, just took a while to get a good foothold as a gaming system and not just for Blu-ray), some gamers are wanting to wait to see how it does first. The Xbox currently holds the title for the best selling console (not portable) this generation. I think repeat customers are where most of these initial sales are coming from. Not so much system specs or if it does all the entertainment stuff. It's the brand name and past experiences with it. Same way a lot of us buy the same brand of car, or CPU processor, or video card manufacturer.

I have both pre-ordered, and the PS4 looks amazing. But, I can't say I'm disappointed in the Xbox One anymore (I did initially with always connected requirement). Kinect still bugs me, but it's not going to be a deal breaker. Right now, I'm looking at the games. I'm buying a game console, and I'm comparing those exclusives. Most of them I could care less about, though.

The 360 is in third globally. The only market they managed to beat any of the other 2 are in the US. (Sony) Nintendo still leads in the US though the 360 could overtake it eventually.

This is funny, if you look back at a ton of post here and other sites...its all...fail this, MS fail that, fail fail fail.. blah blah blah.
Love it or hate it, they have an infrastructure that Sony is now trying to emulate and it will take a long time to catch up.
With both machines being "basically" equal, its all about content and MS has this in spades.
I have never considered buying a console, but MS is really pushing me in that direction. Steam, mods and the flexibility to use mouse/keyboard/game-pads, are some of the main reasons i play on PC.

How? The only difference is cross game chat.

Yes I own both. Yes I use both regularly.

What are you talking about? Microsoft's used game system was free, and was available to "participating retailers" only. Gamestop probably loved that idea, since it would prevent just anyone from getting into the used game market, and would even restrict you from selling your own games to someone else privately. That would all lead to money in Gamestop's pocket.

Unfortunately, none of what you surmise above is correct--let me guess, you are also one of those unfortunate souls who believed Microsoft was actually going to give xbone owners free games by virtue of the "shared library"...?

The only point to be made here is that neither your surmise, nor the shared library, has ever been a reality, or ever will be a reality, according to Microsoft.

What Microsoft originally *said* about used games was that the publishers/developers could opt in or out of a program that allowed the resale of used games. What makes you think publishers would have permitted the sale of used games if they had final say-so in the matter completely eludes me. Why would they do that?--publishers *hate* used game sales--which of course is why Microsoft was originally planning to control the used xb1 game market. Everything else is strictly your surmise as to what *might have happened.* Gamestop is already making a mint on buying used games back and reselling them at retail--so what on earth might make you believe the company would be tickled pink to leave that up to the publishers rather than to the people who buy the games Gamestop sells?

These threads often *go to crap,* as one person wrote, precisely because people keep reciting what they think Microsoft originally said as if that has any relevance or importance whatsoever. What counts is not what Microsoft said, or what you or I think Microsoft said--what counts is what Microsoft does. That's *all* that counts. Now, should Microsoft decide to do things differently once upon a time, I will happily eat my own words. I have a real problem with "sucker bait" being used by tech companies to exploit the ignorance of their customers--it really bothers me. If I seem acrimonious at times, that's why.

What type of content are you talking about? Other than a different GUI preferences and cross game chat u couldn't possibly know what you are talking about.

I am more inclinded to think the Xbox 360 has a younger user base who doesn't really know about the Xbox One situation and already convinced mom/dad to preorder one.

Even if the Xbox One only sells half as many as the PS4, MS will still be making far more on each box over it's lifetime than Sony will.

Dont worry, Sony will probably screw M$ on the BluRay licensing and cost of the BluRay updates to each device, every time there is an update; and from what I have experienced thats a lot of updates. Maybe (Just throwing it out there) a reason why MS wanted to crack down on disc sharing.

Yup you have to remember the majority of people don't have a clue about the hardware or how the system will work with online and purchased games. If they did they would not buy a xbox one.
You comment is more true than you think. If they did, they would not buy a PS4 either.

i still have both ps3 and xbox360 games still in plastic, waiting to be played.

both the new consoles were never even on my radar, other than a source of lulz after the original xbox one unveiling.

Steam, mods and the flexibility to use mouse/keyboard/game-pads, are some of the main reasons i play on PC. If MS assimilates those things... i might be joining the hive.
From what I understand, Redmond is no fan of Steam. They feel extraordinarily threatened by it.

*whew*...For a tiny moment there I thought you'd completely lost it. I really don't understand the logic of preferring a console over a PC, and I'll add a couple more things to the list you made--the games are less expensive, support more eye-candy, higher resolutions, etc., and "besides mods" that consoles traditionally do not support (although that's like saying "If it weren't for Mt. Everest over there, this little hill I'm standing on would be fairly large!") there are lots of games you can run on your PC that are completely unavailable for consoles. In reading through some of these threads, I'm amazed at how many people seem unaware of that fact. I actually feel sorry for console owners who bought Skyrim for more money than I paid for it and get less in the way of resolution and eye-candy and get nothing in the way of mod support at all! They can have no concept of how much better the game is on a PC.

It's always amusing, too, to hear people talk about Steam as if they know something about it, but who have no clue as to what "offline mode" is--that it's being able to run all of your steam games in perpetuity without an online connection to steam--but Microsoft has at least fixed that situation for the xbone, and Sony never had the problem to begin with.

What's the hardware model both the PS4 & the xbone are based on? The PC model according to AMD, is the correct answer. The difference is that with an actual PC you can own more powerful hardware and upgrade it and service it per-component *yourself*--which won't be possible in these consoles wherein everything is surface mounted--like ram, etc. You can even build your own PC quite easily and hand-pick every component in it--that's fantasy land for PS4 & xbone. I've already got more than one PC at home, and so I can't think of a single reason why I'd want a console of any description--the marketing to cause me to go that blind hasn't been created yet...;)

I don't beleve it. Not with all the contraversy over crap gpu specs, not much memory, and a much higher price.

You are absolutely wrong sir!

Mostly because you are assuming that the article means xbone will sell 3 units for every one unit of PS4. Break out your LSAT type logic and high end reading comprehension exercises, read between the lines and all they are saying is that based on orders placed into the supply chain, MS may have as many as 3 units in the retail channel for every one PS4 in teh retail channel at launch. Not that anyone will buy them. Which could also mean that there won't be enough of either to go around, but the ps4 will likely be harder to find should inventory not meet demand. On the other hand, if demand does not meet projections for either, MS will be severely hosed if they are flooding the market with 3 more expensive bundles for every 1 sony shoves out there.

The only thing I take from this article is that best estimates indicate is that there will be stupid articles on PS4 shortages and idiots paying ultra stupid prices to flippers on ebay.

I'm actually pretty sure that after Microsoft did their 180, a lot of people decided to pre-order it who otherwise would not have.
Very true. PS4 is still outselling One by quiet a large margin.

Sony’s PlayStation 4 (PS4), which made a big splash at E3 alongside Microsoft’s Xbox One, realized pre-orders in much higher quantities than the Xbox One, with its launch-day edition and four separate PS4 bundles all selling out at Amazon
SOURCE

Most young people I work with have no problem with Microsoft and think that Windows 8, even if unpopular, is still pretty cool, and they absolutely adore Xbox and Halo.

Source: I work with a lot of 20-something engineers.

Yes, because 20-something engineers are wise and have so much worldly experience... :rolleyes:

I think most of us would like to go back and beat some sense into our 20-something selves.

Yes, because 20-something engineers are wise and have so much worldly experience... :rolleyes:

I think most of us would like to go back and beat some sense into our 20-something selves.
+1
"If you are wise like me you'd buy a PS4 and stick with Win7 or buy a mac...."

actually, that sounds really butt-hurty and desperate, I changed my mind...

I think this article is just BS for generating hits. It does not match anything we have heard or know. I am not just talking about places like [H] or the internet. Even normal people seem to have a bad taste. If they said xbone is matching the PS4, maybe, but we have heard that MS may be having supply problems, how would they outsell the PS4 2:1 with all that bad publicity and supply problems. They probably do not even have as many pre orders available as Sony does.

Me too...for ebay! :D

According to the article buying a Xbox ONE to sell on Ebay isn't going to net you any profit.

If you don't believe the article, seems like Sony's hype machine is saying nobody even wants an Xbox ONE.

Then again never believe everything you read on the internet, bonjour.

Nintendo out selling everyone in the US. That thing must have a flux capacitor. Because specs sell a system... :rolleyes:

Isn't a dig on you man. Just saying.

In a casual pole of my 10 of my friends, all from age 18 to 30, 6 are buying PS4, 3 Xbone and 1 isn't buying either until the price comes down.

As for myself, even though I hate the PS3 controller, I love the console. I'll be buying a PS4 as well.:p

A couple of reports from diverse sources are pointing towards sales really taking off for Microsoft's next-gen Xbox One console. Firstly GamesIndustryBiz reports that a market analyst says that his "supply chain checks" suggest the Xbox One will have a "2-3x unit advantage at launch". Secondly Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg tweeted that Gamestop has had to cease pre-orders of the Xbox One because "Demand was through the roof", the company has since implemented a first-to-know availability bulletin.

This makes no sense. We're to believe that Gamestop isn't accepting new preorders, but there will be three times as many XB1s as PS4s available? Either Gamestop's allocation isn't that large, or someone's numbers are wrong.

Demand is through the roof for both consoles, anyone buying a console at launch is going to preorder both and just cancel one.

In a casual pole of my 10 of my friends, all from age 18 to 30, 6 are buying PS4, 3 Xbone and 1 isn't buying either until the price comes down.

As for myself, even though I hate the PS3 controller, I love the console. I'll be buying a PS4 as well.:p

The problem with any "poll" at this point or pretty much any point is that just because someone says they will buy something doesn't mean they will follow through with it.

You are talking about an industry that sells quite a bit on splurge purchasing hence why Walmart even carries games, because people come in to buy socks and decide "fuck it I am getting Halo 4".

That being said there is going to be a lot of "little jimmy decided in Oct he wanted the new PS4 as soon as he saw the commercial for it"

The Xbox 360 has been number one for 30 months , virtually everyone I know has one in their household. This new system will very likely be just as popular.

However the PS3 is extremely popular as well. It may not have been number one for a long time so I doubt this hype from MS.

I've got a Xbox One and PS4 coming Day 1 from Amazon. Right now the Xbox One game lineup is more appealing to me.

remember this is the same hype machine that keeps saying in denial all is will with the surface tablets and not to mention windows 8 when micro$oft just took a 900mil write-down for unsold surface inventory and 75% of the world takes windows 8 with a do i really have to approach....

Came in to say this. Saw it was already posted. Bears repeating.

Still get tons of people asking for 7, or how to buy a Win 7 system, and how to get rid of 8.
I have yet to have one person come in, and state they are in love with 8. Not. A. Single. One.

Xbox will have the automatic upgrade people. Just like 8 did. The truth will be once it is out, how many bought it for its abilities, and can claim to love it.

remember this is the same hype machine that keeps saying in denial all is will with the surface tablets and not to mention windows 8 when micro$oft just took a 900mil write-down for unsold surface inventory and 75% of the world takes windows 8 with a do i really have to approach....

Remember, this is the same hype machine that keeps saying: "[in denial] all is well with the surface tablets." Micro$oft just took a $900 mil write-down for unsold surface inventory. Not to mention Windows 8 but 75% of the world takes that OS with a "do i really have to approach."

FTFY. You're not wrong, but my god man... PUNCTUATION!

Ive had 3 ps3's and 2 xbox 360s. The only two things i liked about the xbox 360 is the controller is pretty nice and forza motorsports.

I was the only person in my department of 38 to get a PS3. Meanwhile probably 12-14 people had an xbox 360 in their household. to be fair, a portion of them are microsoft developers which drink all sorts of microsoft koolaid (they said Windows phone 7 was going to destroy android/iphone etc etc)

I for the life of me, dont know how people justify Xbox live membership when every other platform gives you that and more without cost. Lets talk about the "content" the only thing i saw worth while decent was episodes of "The guild" which can just be streamed from the internet -- i dont remember anything that live provided that i thought was special or a "value add type of conent"

Will buy both when there is an appealing price drop / bundle.

I don't play consoles..but all my friends do. They all want this XBO. Badly. So it may not be the MS hype machine at work. I think what others have said is correct, that they are getting the familiar product, specs be damned.

Ive had 3 ps3's and 2 xbox 360s. The only two things i liked about the xbox 360 is the controller is pretty nice and forza motorsports.

I was the only person in my department of 38 to get a PS3. Meanwhile probably 12-14 people had an xbox 360 in their household. to be fair, a portion of them are microsoft developers which drink all sorts of microsoft koolaid (they said Windows phone 7 was going to destroy android/iphone etc etc)

I for the life of me, dont know how people justify Xbox live membership when every other platform gives you that and more without cost. Lets talk about the "content" the only thing i saw worth while decent was episodes of "The guild" which can just be streamed from the internet -- i dont remember anything that live provided that i thought was special or a "value add type of conent"

PSN+ is required on the PS4, there is a membership cost for both consoles moving forward.

Assassins Creed 2, full game, is currently free on Xbox Live for Gold members. You keep the game even if you let your membership expire. There are deals and sales like this every week on XBL.

I don't play consoles..but all my friends do. They all want this XBO. Badly. So it may not be the MS hype machine at work. I think what others have said is correct, that they are getting the familiar product, specs be damned.

If you are interested in a NSA-enabled always-on camera in your living room, idk about your ability to even comprehend what extra hardware is capable of.

I'm loving the xbone, makes it super easy to tell who's retarded right when i enter their house.

I think Steve is to blame. ;)

:D

I can't believe I am going to say this out loud BUT....

<rant>I always feel weird when I meet someone and they only have one [insert console brand] by choice (I say "by choice" because not everyone can afford multiple gaming systems). All the sudden, I don't want to talk about the "other brands / games" because you KNOW what's going to happen next....here comes the foaming at the mouth fanboy-ism that makes me never want to go to their house (or talk to them) again. Seriously, I was done with that kinda shit in high school and have no need for it as an adult.

I've been a parent for 20+ years so we've always had multiple gaming systems with a preference for the PC over consoles. Never once have I felt the need to insult someone for their choice of gaming platform. Never had to pull made up facts out of my ass to support a system that no one has even seen yet. Make "YOU'RE WRONG..." or the "mine is better than yours" posts when we are discussing a product that even wont be out for months. Honestly, I no one wants to be friends with those kinds of people. I hang out with people that have mutual respect for one another, can talk games across all platforms and just have fun with what you have at the time.

Anyhow, it is a bit depressing when I see the same people...over and over and over...doing just what I described above. Just because I like something doesn't make you stupid. My choice of gaming system does not make me better than you and I wouldn't dream of amking fun of you because of your choice.

<end rant>

According to the article buying a Xbox ONE to sell on Ebay isn't going to net you any profit.

If you don't believe the article, seems like Sony's hype machine is saying nobody even wants an Xbox ONE.

Then again never believe everything you read on the internet, bonjour.

People with too much money and a burning desire;) will prove that article wrong.

:D

I can't believe I am going to say this out loud BUT....

<rant>I always feel weird when I meet someone and they only have one [insert console brand] by choice (I say "by choice" because not everyone can afford multiple gaming systems). All the sudden, I don't want to talk about the "other brands / games" because you KNOW what's going to happen next....here comes the foaming at the mouth fanboy-ism that makes me never want to go to their house (or talk to them) again. Seriously, I was done with that kinda shit in high school and have no need for it as an adult.

I've been a parent for 20+ years so we've always had multiple gaming systems with a preference for the PC over consoles. Never once have I felt the need to insult someone for their choice of gaming platform. Never had to pull made up facts out of my ass to support a system that no one has even seen yet. Make "YOU'RE WRONG..." or the "mine is better than yours" posts when we are discussing a product that even wont be out for months. Honestly, I no one wants to be friends with those kinds of people. I hang out with people that have mutual respect for one another, can talk games across all platforms and just have fun with what you have at the time.

Anyhow, it is a bit depressing when I see the same people...over and over and over...doing just what I described above. Just because I like something doesn't make you stupid. My choice of gaming system does not make me better than you and I wouldn't dream of amking fun of you because of your choice.

<end rant>

Somebody hurt you, they hurt you real bad didnt they? :D

Anyways i agree with you, there are a ton of posts on [H] that dictate this exactly. I wouldnt want a majority of the people in this thread as a friend mainly because i feel judging someone on their preferances is a terrible trait in a person.

Came in to say this. Saw it was already posted. Bears repeating.

Still get tons of people asking for 7, or how to buy a Win 7 system, and how to get rid of 8.
I have yet to have one person come in, and state they are in love with 8. Not. A. Single. One.

Xbox will have the automatic upgrade people. Just like 8 did. The truth will be once it is out, how many bought it for its abilities, and can claim to love it.

I loved windows 8 so much I bought it for all my laptops and hone theater systems, 6 in total, because yes I do love windows 8. As an os it is faster than windows 7 and does everything I need it to as well as it is an awesome os for a HTPC.

Will I be buying a xbone? Ya but I'm getting both though

Somebody hurt you, they hurt you real bad didnt they? :D

Anyways i agree with you, there are a ton of posts on [H] that dictate this exactly. I wouldnt want a majority of the people in this thread as a friend mainly because i feel judging someone on their preferances is a terrible trait in a person.

Try liking Windows 8 and see how many people start telling you how wrong you are and that you don't know anything about computers or that you're just a noob with computers.... Replace Windows 8 with any Apple product and you get the same reaction. :)

Back