Xbox One Deal of the Day?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft is selling a 1TB Xbox One with a total of five games, an extra controller, a $50 gift card and $20 towards Xbox Design Labs, all for $299. The games are Halo 5: Guardians, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Rare Replay, Ori and the Blind Forest and a game download of your choice. We're not really big on console stuff but this is easily one of the best deals I've ever seen for a new Xbox One.

I would say it is the best XBox One deal I have seen so far. Definitely worth it and is can be used for far more than just gaming. :)

Dang, too bad I already jumped on the $350 xbox elite deal a few weeks back (console + extra controller + forza 2). After using the elite controller for a couple weeks now I think I would have been perfectly happy with the std controller. Can't believe this thing is $150 normally... Maybe if the underneath triggers weren't too damn easy to click then it would have some more utility.. Now I just swap out the right stick for the longer one sometimes, and I put back on the standard dpad.

Anyhow, looks like a good deal, better than the one I got and I've been enjoying the xbox one more than I thought I would. Decided to go back to xbox after the scorpio announce. I already have a ps4, but all my friends are on xbox still. I think the social network makes more difference to the fun factor than slightly shinier gfx. Had they a kinect free system at launch I might have just gone xbox only. Hopefully some of those shiney gfx will come back when I upgrade to scorpio next year. Near term I haven't noticed much gfx "downgrade" really. Of course my ps4 is on 120" projector and my xbox is only on 85" tv, so not apples to apples.

Dang, too bad I already jumped on the $350 xbox elite deal a few weeks back (console + extra controller + forza 2). After using the elite controller for a couple weeks now I think I would have been perfectly happy with the std controller. Can't believe this thing is $150 normally... Maybe if the underneath triggers weren't too damn easy to click then it would have some more utility.. Now I just swap out the right stick for the longer one sometimes, and I put back on the standard dpad.

Anyhow, looks like a good deal, better than the one I got and I've been enjoying the xbox one more than I thought I would. Decided to go back to xbox after the scorpio announce. I already have a ps4, but all my friends are on xbox still. I think the social network makes more difference to the fun factor than slightly shinier gfx. Had they a kinect free system at launch I might have just gone xbox only. Hopefully some of those shiney gfx will come back when I upgrade to scorpio next year. Near term I haven't noticed much gfx "downgrade" really. Of course my ps4 is on 120" projector and my xbox is only on 85" tv, so not apples to apples.

ONLY! Lol :D Here I thought my XBox one is only on a 50 inch Sony 1080p tv. :) Yep, I prefer to use my XBox one for gaming and media consumption well I use my computer for email and surfing the web. (Or maybe playing a game on the computer well doing Netflix on the XBox.)

yuuuuuuuuuuuuup.. tho after exchange rate $299USD=$388cad so not too bad... could use a "re-ship" or something but probably not worth it

Sadly, my salary and purchasing power remains the same regardless of exchange rate.

Even when the dollars were at parity we were getting fleeced. Now stuff is becoming straight up unaffordable.

Last edited:
Gotta be.. but for anyone who doesn't care about 4k this is a great deal.

Just strictly 4k Bluray anyways and I only have a 1080p tv. However, I bought my very early January 2014 so I have no reason to get another. I have 3TB of external storage so that should be enough for a while longer.

Back