Xbox "Next" or "Infinity" reveal thread. Today is the big day!

Good old cliffyb out on twitter trolling and misrepresenting. Oh well, as much as can be expected from a glorified playboy I guess.

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO
Whoever writes those is pretty damn funny IMHO.
CEO Kaz Hirai ‏@KazHiraiCEO 1h
Microsoft confirms that if you put a used game into the XBOX ONE, "something will happen"
CEO Kaz Hirai ‏@KazHiraiCEO 13h
My plan to plant Phil Harrison into Microsoft to Sabotage the XBOX ONE is working brilliantly right now
CEO Kaz Hirai ‏@KazHiraiCEO 21 May
The PS4 is clearly the better than the XBOX ONE as 4 is greater than 1. This graph will make it clearer: pic.twitter.com/HTBn7d5iSu

3uij08.jpg

Ok I will defend something here. If a system wants to add more apps and tools for my interactive experience seriously leave them the fuck alone. BALARGH MY TV BLARGH. Fuck off mine doesn't it's a fucking westinghouse. It's a nice big 55" but I got a good deal specifically because it doesn't have apps and shit. That's what my PS3 or Xbox is for. It's such a stupid thing to bitch about. Like saying this Dota 2 app on my phone is stupid and redundant because my computer does that. Well tissue boxes are stupid because I already have a toilet paper roll in the loo. Seriously it's a nice convenience find something better to whine about.

Last edited:
Spielberg is listed as a Producer on 137 film/television titles. How many can you name?

Many of those are executive producer credits , especially in more recent times. EP's are certainly paid for name endorsement (sometimes for actual work) but producers are often on set during filming at the least.

Anyway back on topic.

Good old cliffyb out on twitter trolling and misrepresenting. Oh well, as much as can be expected from a glorified playboy I guess.

Calling CliffyB a playboy is like calling an Apple a Bugatti Veyron.

Cliff supports whatever cogs run the machine , always has and always will.

Major Nelson did a Yahoo! Chat Q&A a little earlier today. Here's a link to the chat, but here's some highlights below. Some of these may have been answered on their Q&A on xbox.com:

Comment From Mikayla
Could you clarify the situation regarding multiple accounts on ONE console. My boyfriend and I both have our own accounts. Will we be made to pay twice for 1 game in order for us both to use our own accounts?

Major Nelson (Larry Hryb): As I noted earlier we're still working on some of the policies..but our goal is that it would work like it works today on Xbox 360.

Comment From blame space
Which areas of the Xbox One will you be focusing on at your E3 presentation?

Major Nelson (Larry Hryb): Games. Games. GAMES :)

Comment From Guest
How about My achievements earned on the 360, will they be visible on the one?

Major Nelson (Larry Hryb):
Yes your achievements and Gamerscore will carry over to Xbox One.

Comment From Jon Dons
Do you believe you've done enough to make the hardcore gamer happy while still appealing to a wider audience?

Major Nelson (Larry Hryb):
The hardcore gaming audience has given us some great feedback, and we watch that feedback carefully. I think they’ll be happy after E3.

DtkdMMO.gif

Fuck, that COD "tech demo" was fucking painful. 2007 graphics aho!

I hate call of duty it is the worst... but. you do realize that the maya rendering view port does not enable all shaders and effects and he does not even have the model rigged he is adjusting the mouth for rigging with the rotate tool. it has no bone system or inverse kinematics system it is just a free flowing detached jaw

So judging it from the Maya viewport with a unfinshed model is pretty dumb thing to do. that is not even a engine dev tool nothing has been backed and fur does not show up in the viewport with out a plugin ETC ETC.

It might be 3d studio max but I think it is maya since that is the defualt background since the updated the UI after maya 2010 or so I can only look at it for 3 seconds and it is blury but it is one of them. Also no body works in High poly until the sculpting process then they are converted to normal maps or displacement maps and you do not sculpt in maya unless you are insane and want to have much pain trying to take care of that many polygons you do it in mudbox zbrush or 3dcoat or somethingl.

Last edited:
If the XOne exclusives are not good I can see SteamBox totally destroying them by incorporating new GPU architectures next year into a box.

It's sad that both of these consoles will likely only be on par for 2-3 years max.

3uij08.jpg

Ok I will defend something here. If a system wants to add more apps and tools for my interactive experience seriously leave them the fuck alone. BALARGH MY TV BLARGH. Fuck off mine doesn't it's a fucking westinghouse. It's a nice big 55" but I got a good deal specifically because it doesn't have apps and shit. That's what my PS3 or Xbox is for. It's such a stupid thing to bitch about. Like saying this Dota 2 app on my phone is stupid and redundant because my computer does that. Well tissue boxes are stupid because I already have a toilet paper roll in the loo. Seriously it's a nice convenience find something better to whine about.

hello, my name is Wii U and I can do those things as well an I am sure my friend PS4 will have similar abilities as well and we are not making you pay a subscription fee to use streaming either...

hello, my name is Wii U and I can do those things as well

Except the Xbox One has;

- An online system that is actually worth mentioning
- Games that don't look like 7 year old consoles
- Actual games!
- Resale value!

You know the third point I find hilarious. Microsoft will have more first party games at launch and especially within 12 months of release than Nintendo will have even after a year on the market.

Except the Xbox One has;

- Actual games!
- Resale value!

You know the third point I find hilarious. Microsoft will have more first party games at launch and especially within 12 months of release than Nintendo will have even after a year on the market.

But wiiu is not watching my kids get out of the shower.

But wiiu is not watching my kids get out of the shower.

Move your gaming consoles out of the bathroom then! :-p

Seriously, though, I don't understand why the X1 requires you to have the kinect connected for it to function. Are gestures that important for the experience? Hopefully this thing will have some strong parental controls as I don't want my kid suddenly skyping with some pervy nerdbomber.

Move your gaming consoles out of the bathroom then! :-p

Seriously, though, I don't understand why the X1 requires you to have the kinect connected for it to function. Are gestures that important for the experience? Hopefully this thing will have some strong parental controls as I don't want my kid suddenly skyping with some pervy nerdbomber.

I think they're pushing voice control more than gesture control.

Except the Xbox One has;

- Actual games!
- Resale value!

I see, exactly how far is MS got their hand up your rear end again?

Nintendo is constantly making inprovements to their online

Oh, you mean games like Arkham City, Injustice, Assan's creed 3? oh wait we get all of those with FSAA and 720p native res...and these are first release titles vs 7 years of programming expertise on the other 2 consoles

Games you say? what else besides halo and COD do they have at the moment?

Resale value? lets see the Wii sold for $250 and you see people selling them for half of that after 8 years so I would say that resale value is holding up well for them. These are similar prices to the 360 and PS3..

and you so silly that you forgot that the Wii launched with MORE titles than either the PS3 or 360 did...

Except the Xbox One has;

- Actual games!
- Resale value!

Keep on getting ripped off paying to play online thinking that it's "worth it", what makes it even more hilarious is that most games use P2P connections instead of dedicated servers.

Also, Xbox 360 was all about multiplatform games, what were the exclusives again? Halo, Forza and Gears? *yawns*

hello, my name is Wii U and I can do those things as well an I am sure my friend PS4 will have similar abilities as well and we are not making you pay a subscription fee to use streaming either...

Yeah I mean the subscription fees kill it but my point is just adding more functionality should never be seen as a bad thing.

Only reason my 360 gets any use is because it has a superior ports on certain games like red dead. The only exclusive i really enjoyed was earth defense force 2017 (can't freakin wait for 2025).

This time though sony easily has the better hardware giving it the advantage now that porting games should translate pretty much perfectly because of the similar hardware. Sony's has already shown they back a good variety of developers and games for ps3 while MS has shown they only stick with what they know works.

The need to connect my console to the Internet daily is a deal breaker anyways as i have had my 360 offline for like a year and a half as i don't have gold and i don't care for seeing ads. For MS it's a win win for locking out used games (with a fee) and forcing millions customers to stay connected making huge profit from ad space not to mention the gold subscription. If you're stock holder you'll probably love the xbox one.

Yeah I mean the subscription fees kill it but my point is just adding more functionality should never be seen as a bad thing.

when you pay to access something that is free on other platforms, that's not a feature, it's you getting ripped off.

As for this xbox being a media center thing. I guess if I want that I can plug in my Dell Vostro that

1. Cost me $735 deliverd but the savings in PC games and $60 a year fee to MS more than ofset that cost
2. stream [insert servioce here] without paying additional fees
3. At least with Comcast on demand works from the laptop
4. it can play games at a higher resolution and higher graphical quality than any of the current boxes can and I am sure when I get my replacement in a few years it'll smoke the xbox one in this regard as well...
5. It's an OUSTANDING blu-ray player and it also plays HD DVDs
6. it takes absolutely no additional software to access my media files on my media hub.
7. Steam anyone?
8. I can take it with me
9. it is silent in normal opeation
10. it's prolly going to last longer
11. more storage space
12. can play games from the last 20 years +

It does all these things and takes up about 1/4 the volume of a PS3 and 360 does

when you pay to access something that is free on other platforms, that's not a feature, it's you getting ripped off.

As for this xbox being a media center thing. I guess if I want that I can plug in my Dell Vostro that

1. Cost me $735 deliverd but the savings in PC games and $60 a year fee to MS more than ofset that cost
2. stream [insert servioce here] without paying additional fees
3. At least with Comcast on demand works from the laptop
4. it can play games at a higher resolution and higher graphical quality than any of the current boxes can and I am sure when I get my replacement in a few years it'll smoke the xbox one in this regard as well...
5. It's an OUSTANDING blu-ray player and it also plays HD DVDs
6. it takes absolutely no additional software to access my media files on my media hub.
7. Steam anyone?
8. I can take it with me
9. it is silent in normal opeation
10. it's prolly going to last longer
11. more storage space
12. can play games from the last 20 years +

It does all these things and takes up about 1/4 the volume of a PS3 and 360 does

Are you done coming into the Console gaming forum to argue that PC is better?

I guess you missed the point:

MS is trying to create a media center and there are abviously better and cheaper choices to be had that do not require you subscribe to a network

PS3
Wii U (limited)
and yes a PC all offer that same basic functionality for a far cheaper price

The only thing about playing Blu Ray's on the PC is that the software for it sucks. Arcsoft Totalmedia Threatre is pretty decent at it but it can run into playback issues with the latest encryption on Blu Ray's. I've been ripping all of my bought and paid for Blu Ray's into .ISO for easy archiving for years now and I've ran into times where I couldn't get some to playback because of encryption issues. However if I use my PS3 to play anything back it works flawlessly every time , even if it loads a bit slower than a PC.

I think if you want an easy media center setup the Xbox One might be viable but to actually stand toe to toe with a HTPC? Hell no. A real HTPC will still run circles around an Xbox One in speed and expansion capability. I got rid of my Verizon DVR and bought a Ceton 4 tuner card and its amazing how much faster and smoother it is than my DVR was and no $15 monthly fee for the pleasure.

The problem is MS wants to market the One as an entertainment center more than a console. Let's not kid ourselves , the Xbox One is the next gen PS3. Its a mess. Even if they announce some good games , all of their decisions regarding used games and fee's and "always online" being actually "every 24 hours or bust" and the fact that you MUST have the Kinect connected or the One won't work. These are just the tip of the control scheme MS has in place.

I hate IGN and knee jerk reactions are abound to some degree but the poll over there shows out of 10's of thousands of people who voted 75 percent are unhappy with the reveal of the Xbox One and all the announcements on restrictions.

I think the funniest part of all this is Gamestop's CEO playing it cool and pretending like they aren't in a board room yelling "FUCK!!!" at the top of their lungs hearing the news on how DRM restricted used games are going to be.

One final note , 500GB's for full 30+ GB games? You'll run out of space after installing 7 or 8 games , plus space for downloadable titles. 500GB's isn't even a drop in the bucket when you are talking Blu Ray sized games. Shit they should have made the HDD 1TB standard but I'm sure that's just another method they plan to use to milk unsuspecting gamers out of money so they don't have to constantly install/reinstall games. I guess the big advantage will be that developers will be making games knowing that ALL of them run off the hard drive , so the games themselves will be superior in many ways thanks to the user base all being on the same level.

What a fucked up system that will be.

I'm not sure I've seen MS say that you have to install ALL of the disc (so that you could run without it), but I'm aware of the zeitgeist. I guess it makes sense in a way (digital downloads==disc installs), but as a user I'd rather it'd be an option.

The devs knows best what makes sense to install and what doesn't, and if I could override that with 'install everything' that would provide the best balance between disk use and convenience.

Say a game contains 5GB of unlockable 'behind the scenes video'. Doesn't make a whole lot sense to /have/ to install that.

Also for the record I want to make clear that my disappointment is with MS focus and their 'first impressions' specifically. I'm one of those luddites who, not only live outside of North America, I also don't have a TV. I give zero fucks about Kinnect, which is now being sold again with the same promises that they made for the first model. There is a history with MS iterating on hardware till it gets good, but even IF kinnect works as well as they claim, I'd rather just do things the old fashioned way.

All that doesn't mean that they can' go on and present a whole lot of amazing games at E3, and Sony can still fuck it up on their end (I know they'll fuck up the software side). That said, XBone is not off to a good start with this gamer.

So yeah, looking forward to getting a next-gen graphics card this winter, and reevaluate this whole console mess a year in or whenever they hit that first price drop.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I've seen MS say that you have to install ALL of the disc (so that you could run without it), but I'm aware of the zeitgeist.
Are you implying that installing is the problem people have? If so, I don't think people here are stupid enough to think that being installed is the problem. Linking the games to your account is the problem.

I'd rather have every game installed to the hard drive, for performance reasons.

The problem is that MS is arguing that Xbox One is an "all in one" device, not a gaming console. So yeah, MS is the one who's making that point and it's more than fair to point out that a PC is the only true "all in one" box.

Are you implying that installing is the problem people have?

No, I was specifically referencing the post in front of me, "One final note , 500GB's for full 30+ GB games? You'll run out of space after installing 7 or 8 games"

I was questioning this being a fact.

I wanted a full install option on the PS3.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...es-Trouble-for-Viewers-During-Xbox-One-Reveal

awww

Viewers watching the Xbox One reveal on their Xbox 360s were unpleasantly surprised when their active Kinects began responding to commands from the presentation.

Microsoft's Xbox One reveal event was viewed by countless gaming enthusiasts eager for a peek at the company's offering for the next generation of consoles. While many opted to simply stream the event online, many others took to their Xbox 360's where the reveal was granted a special spot on the system's dashboard. For some viewers however, watching on their 360s wound up being more a liability than a convenience.

Several viewers sporting 360s with connected Kinects discovered the device was responding to commands being spoken by Microsoft representatives during the live stream. Responses to the commands varied from the video being paused to the console itself being shut down. While some users found the unexpected error to be amusing, others were annoyed. "When the guy on the #XboxReveal stream said "Xbox Live" it activated my Kinect and killed the stream," Tweeted viewer Jason Chen. "Good thinking guys."

In the midst of a show touting a new, more integral version of the Kinect, the live stream command errors could serve as an unintentional demonstration of some of the potential pitfalls of relying on voice command that can literally shut down your console with the correct phrase. Granted, Microsoft's conference showed off new ways this technology can enhance gaming and viewing experiences. That being the case, Microsoft is definitely going to want to demonstrate, and thoroughly, that this sort of issue won't be a concern going forward. Kinect for Xbox One is already looking vastly more impressive than the original version, but it would be a shame to find out your Xbox experiences could still be disrupted with a few misplaced words.

Read more at http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...rs-During-Xbox-One-Reveal#KgVilosaR0uhkyFJ.99

7tmSCjol.gif

Last edited:

ROFL...

Also, based on this it sounds like the content will work exactly like downloaded games and content already work on the xbox 360.

On the Xbox 360 if you download a game it's registered to BOTH your gamertag and your console ID. Any user can play a game on that console and your gamertag can play that game on any console. You cannot however play it on a console you didn't register it to without being logged in to your live account. That's how it works now, I can see that being how it works in the future with all games. The only change is that they are extending this policy to discs.

No, I was specifically referencing the post in front of me, "One final note , 500GB's for full 30+ GB games? You'll run out of space after installing 7 or 8 games"

I was questioning this being a fact.

I wanted a full install option on the PS3.
Good point, if you have a large game library, you will have to often delete games to start over. Hopefully Microsoft includes a way to start playing while the game continues to install in the background.

1. Sony hasn't confirmed PSN will be free
2. PS4 will most likely not let you fully install to hdd and play without the disc
3. Sony hasn't confirmed plans for used games or lending

Everyone needs to calm down till we know exact details of both systems.

Good point, if you have a large game library, you will have to often delete games to start over. Hopefully Microsoft includes a way to start playing while the game continues to install in the background.

Unless they provide a way to attach external storage. Not sure if that's been mentioned yet.

It's been confirmed that you can do this.

But how can you play it off a remote server without getting latency issues, what's the point? 500GB and no support for swapping the HDD yourself is pretty stupid, but then it's Microsoft we're talking about so even if there was an option to do that they'll want you to pay Them for it.

Edit: Never mind I thought you guys were talking about cloud storage.

3. Sony hasn't confirmed plans for used games or lending

Uhh yeah they have. They're not implementing anything that prevents them from being used, and they're not charging additional fees to do so. If publishers want to do it, they're leaving it up to them - however Sony themselves are not charging anything and I would assume that no publisher is going to commit suicide by doing so (after the EA Season Pass getting killed due to lack of interest, and now the outcry over the One having used game fees which has been confirmed by the VP of Microsoft).

As for your #1, there's no reason to believe that the PSN won't continue to be free and PS+ will be available to people who want to pay for it. Why would this change? It's a Ps3 selling point and it'll also be a Ps4 selling point (compared to paying for an Xbox Live subscription).

Most likely PSN will remain free, and in fact I think there will be 2 PS+ tiers, with the more expensive one allowing access to cloud games etc. All I'm saying is none of this is confirmed yet.

In the past, Sony has gone back on many things which were announced. And a lot of this used/online is upto interpretation. We cannot jump to conclusions till final units are reviewed.

Back